ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Open Tourney April 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Euro Open Tourney April 2007 Reply with quote

Euro Open Tourney April is now open for registration, Click here to register.

Rules

- Min Exp points needed to enter this Tourney - 1000

- You must reply to the verification E-Mail sent to you or your place will be re-opened for someone else. This is the first stage in making sure you turn up for your match.

- If you fail to turn up for your game you will be banned from the current Tourney and next months Tourney. Only sign up if you're sure you can play, we will not tolerate no-shows.

- You must contact your opponent A.s.a.p after you find out who they are and arrange a time to play. If you miss your match and the other player turns up, the above rule applies. If neither player turns up, the above rule also applies.

- Post your scores in the forum or E-Mail them to the Tournament moderator.

- Be sure to post in the forums at least once every round. If your match doesn't get played for whatever reason, then I have no record of what extent both of you tried to contact the other. The result will be a double DQ.

- It is highly recommended that you include a messenger service as well as email. They're free to get, and they will increase your chances of playing your matches greatly.

- You may only join either the Open, Int, or Novice Tourneys, this is to ensure players are competing within their skill level and to allow slots for skilled players in the Open. You can join the Open, Pro, New School and CTF/Team Tourneys running if any.

- Rematches are no longer allowed, if you have a problem during your match speak to your apponent to arrange another time as soon as the problem becomes apparent.

- Tourney admin must be notified before the end of a round if extra time for playing your match is needed, failure to do so can result in DQ.

- Aliases are no longer allowed. If you have more than one nickname and it is used on a regular basis that's ok, a new nickname purely for the tourney will get you DQ.

Dates

Round 1: 04/04/07 - 10/04/07
Round 2: 11/04/07 - 17/04/07
Round 3: 18/04/07 - 24/04/07
Final: 25/04/07 - 31/04/07
Registration for May Tourneys: 25/04/07 - 31/04/07

Level: elv_f.wad map01.

Players: 32

Tournament Admins are Ragnarok and Draza_Jr. Good luck all!

Special Thanks to Firestone and WhiteKnight and co. for hosting the map on Oblacek and TRS.

Last edited by Draza_Jr. on Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the wad please Razz I'll need to host it for you Cool

PS: Thanks to Firestone and WhiteKnight for hosting. WeaponX does fack all Razz
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize mate..info fixed Smile

Save the wad by right-clicking on the link..somehow it doesn´t work with normal left click Confused
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This map, _AGAIN_?
Aerial[N]
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this maps sweet
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought new wads will be used for tourneys.... ?? Confused
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to pc-problems I havent been able to get in contact with Draza and Bones lately, so I dont know why this map has been chosen. I find this quite a weird choice as well, since this map was played during one of the last tourneys organized by Samiam (like Tuomio mentioned).
All I Know is that this month is Bones' pick. And since tourneys continued in the USA, maybe for them it feels like it has been quite a while since this map has been played.
Anyway, next month will be "Euro-choice" again.

I hope to be back somewhere next week.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked a new map. Unfortunately I went absent for a few days so I'm going to guess Draza picked this months map. I had planned on making the map elv_f.wad map01, and thats what I'm doing for USA Tourneys.

Last edited by HumanBones on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys sorry for that..Bones spoke to me about some map, but I wasn´t able to get in contact with Rag, so I used this backup wad for this month..next month we´ll choose some new wad to play and hopefully a NS tourney finally and of course some team tourney..sry mates Embarassed
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok another solution..I spoke to Bones few minutes ago and we may change the wad if the players wouldn´t mind, as some players might object..but I guess most of you will welcome a new wad and map to play right? Smile

http://hs.keystone.gr/lap/elv_f.zip

Here´s the wad..check map01 and post your opinions whether to change the wad or not..thx a lot
Dopefish
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played that map (elv_f) and it has interesting gameplay, i would switch them.

Note: Im not registered, i will register if you switch the maps, i dont like pobla8 personally.
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it´s true that we agreed on putting new maps and wads in the tourneys so we decided to switch the wad. The Obla server will be changed ASAP! Sry for the inconvenience.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pobla is a great map and still seriously underplayed but i'm not going to pretend i'm not happy to see this one up Smile

i just hope no-one minds that it's not quite perfect for online play. due to some client/server discrepancy then the lift can initially appear to be in the wrong position if someone has joined the server and moved it before the other player gets there.

this is only an issue for a newly connecting player though and can be cleared up by either not touching it until the players are ready to start or by having the person who pressed it reconnect (then they'll both see it the same).

this only has any effect until the lift is pressed again so ideally if players have a warm-up round before the real fight then there will be no problems possible. also it should all be good for 1.09 Smile
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pobla8 is a great map, but the thing is we've used it before. I am (with a few exceptions), against using the same maps over and over. So, never used maps > used maps.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, something fresh always means everyone starts on the same footing each month.

i've just gotten curious about DMFLAGS for the tourney server(s) - how are these decided?

if you check the [n00b] server (or the text file) you'll see the way it was intended to be run. i can understand the lack of respawning items somewhat - although DM3 is just as OS as non-respawning items and that does make the dead-end with the medikit a total waste of space... but target names???
blech. really mappers might as well not bother varying the light levels if you're gonna have those on and they're certainly not in anyone's definition of OS. so it all seems a bit random to me Confused

i mean i'm greatful for the showcase opportunity and all but i'd like for people to get the most out of the map while they're there.
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it´s been a while since someone showed interest in this tourney..I loaded up the brackets, but the number of players is quite smaller than the tourney limit, so play your games please and I´l reorganise the brackets asap
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draza, I'd suggest to just to kick out 2 participants. I mean who is rafael >_>. And next to that maybe an american player. [GS]Gian is from South America, I think he'll have problems to get his game played anyway.

Another option is to move everybody to the next round, except for the last 4 participants, so that they can play for the 2 final spots.
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was considering deleting two players, but this seems to me quite unfair..still I think, that players willing to play the match, will post in the forum their scores and players who won´t show till the second round will be DQed anyway, so this might be the solution!
Btw Rag we need to talk soon, so I hope your computer gets fixed soon, so we´ll be able to arrange few things again.. Smile
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
target names??? blech.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gian got a slot in the US tourney and has secured first round there. i don't think he needs to prove himself in the Euro too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: