ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SM-Weapons2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShizzMasteR
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: SM-Weapons2 Reply with quote

Before we begin, I have an announcement to make: About a year ago I joined the ZD community. Within several posts, I had become public forum enemy number one. I joined with only the intention of self-promotion, which is not what the ZD community is all about. I didn't realize it at the time, but with only 2 sumbissions (one a crappy DM wad, one a crappy vox) it should have been a no-brainer that people shouldn't take me seriously. But with no brains to begin with, it wasn't apparent. A year passed, and I one day thought it would be interesting to browse the forums again. I noticed that in 75% of my posts, I had either tried to promote myself in some way, or said "everyone here is a jerk" when in reality I was the one who started it. I was shocked at some of the things I had said. Yes, it appears a lot of growing had happened since then, a brain had finally appeared! It's amazing all that can happen in a year...Anyway what I did at the time was wrong, and I apologize to everyone, especially Cybershark, Adereth, and Nestea. I said you were prejudiced to me, but with the only things they know about me being two crappy wads and me calling everyone a jerk, it's no contest why.

Anyway, to (maybe) redeem myself slightly, I am submitting a weapon mod for review. It's called SM-Weapons2. The basic theme for this mod is overly powerful weapons, most of which having a one-hit kill in mind. Before anyone asks the imminent question, yes, there was an SM-Weapons1, NO, it WILL NOT be sumbitted.

Before you play, you might want to skim the release notes. Also, if you are unfortunate enough to be at school, work, etc. and don't have access to ZD, the release notes detail all the weapons and have some screenshots. All screenshots were taken while playing Dwango12.

Read the release notes here:

http://www.techsmartonline.com/shizzmaster/sm2.htm

For the wad download you can get it here:

http://www.techsmartonline.com/shizzmaster/downloads/sm-weapons2.zip

Although it says final version, I am open to any suggestions anyone may have.

EDIT: Oops! Put in the wrong page for the release notes, 'twas changed Laughing

Last edited by ShizzMasteR on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to let your history overshadow this release but it takes a big man to make such a post.

yes, as you say, we became somewhat prejudiced towards you but it was apparent you were a highly skilled individual. as such it was sad to see you disappear. glad you're back on the horse now. ShizzDM was very interesting in some ways and far too derivative in others but for a first release it was quite something. the vox... well, let's not mention that Laughing

i'll be taking a look at the weapons sometime soon.

just promise us we've seen the back of that llama dude? Razz
kandy_kid
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i kinda lost a little respect for ya man. You did waht you did the way you wanted it and so waht if ppl dont like it. I remember your maps and hell you are good at mapping but ones attitude isnt a sole decider on how good a map is you just gotta try harder, keep pumping those maps out and you'll learn how to cater to the public.
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark gained some respect for ya, kandy lost alittle, so I'll just say, I don't care. . .. Not because I'm an insensitive bastard, but I just don't remember ya, but I do remember one of your wads getting a thrashin.

So I am really unbiased on the matter, so I'll have no bad thoughts n my mind (nor good ones, I don't want my hopes dashed) when I tryout this gunmod, which by screenshots, is looking good. :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ShizzMasteR
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
it was apparent you were a highly skilled individual.

I intend to prove it Wink

Cybershark wrote:
the vox... well, let's not mention that Laughing

agreed

Cybershark wrote:
i'll be taking a look at the weapons sometime soon.

Glad to hear it

Cybershark wrote:
just promise us we've seen the back of that llama dude? Razz.

You mean AssAssassin? Yeah he's gone for good. I can assure you he will never be seen on these forums again because:

1) I think his account may have been deleted. Can only imagine why Rolling Eyes If not,

2) He forgot his password. I originally made his account, he changed the password, and then he forgot it.

3) If I ever caught him posting in the forums I would personally drive the 4 blocks to his house and give him the business.

NOTE: I noticed a bug on the pistol today and changed it, and went over the mod many times over, this version is definitely the final. It's at the same place as before with the same name, so if you downloaded before this post appeared just download it again. The bug wasn't really that critical (weapons not lighting up when fired in the dark) but I am very maticulous about my weapon mods, I make a lot of chages to minor details most player wouldn't even notice if it wasn't pointed out. Again, no further changes will be made.

http://www.techsmartonline.com/shizzmaster/downloads/sm-weapons2.zip

I'm really curious to see what people think of this one. I've made a few weapon mods before but this one definitely took the longest time and thought to make.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reviewed!
BAZOOKA
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the pistol.
I think is too unreal reloading every time you shot 1 bullet but when you keep firing, the cartridge transforms into a hole without fund.
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking weapons mod. I noticed you've taken quite a fancy to some of the Duke Nukem 3D weapons and health packets. I'm a big Duke Nukem 3D fan, so:

[SIN]Hatred APPROVES!
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAZOOKA wrote:
About the pistol.
I think is too unreal reloading every time you shot 1 bullet but when you keep firing, the cartridge transforms into a hole without fund.

'tis true. but as someone who's modded guns himself then you know how limiting it can be Smile

btw, i totally forgot to mention (as i only ran the mod on a few IWAD maps) but there's also some TERRAIN in here. always fun to see.
Skullers
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something about rocket trails and stuff

never mind

Last edited by Skullers on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blergh.

your stunning DEHACKED work is certainly well known sir but then Shizz proved himself to be no slouch in that department with other releases.

idk, i'm looking at sm-weapons' DEHACKED and not seeing anything which appears to have been directly copied Sad
sure he used the archvile powers for the BFG but it is possible he came up with the idea himself or just liked the idea of it. as for bloodsplats, well i'm pretty sure they were in heads.wad too.

yes it's a bummer when people rip you off without credit but i'm not sure anything can be proven here can it?

out of curiousity where was the Shizz quote from?
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure everything has been done before in weapons, I actually seen something like the bfg done in some shitty single player wad, , also I seen the blood splatter in heads.wad also. Rocket Trails did look the same but I suppose it is all just coicendence perhaps?
Skullers
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: ploy Reply with quote

Quote:
man over game

Last edited by Skullers on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your stuff is famous enough without needing to be released to someplace like ZDR or newstuff. i've certainly had your page bookmarked since... idk, you were in MAG? (lol, sorry to bring that up Razz)

maybe you should step up and release a new superfun and show everyone who's still boss? Smile
GhoulSlayeR
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is how I view Dehack and other various scripts

Well, the idea, I would say imo that if you did something (like the rocket trails for example) and scripted it yourself, It is your work. If someone else does the same thing but writes their own script, which is most likely different, then it is ok.

What I find NOT ok is when you steal the script w/o permission and use it. Pretty much when it is a copy and paste.

Kinda like maps actually, but it is easier to see if those have been stolen/edited, even a section or portion of them.

Being original is always a good thing, but Im sure many DoomWads have done almost everything.

The Dehack scripts in both wads looked different, so I'm sure no copy and past has been done here.

I'm sure people will feel different about this and it is expected, but that is how I look at it.

I can understand you must be irritated, and I would be too if someone stole my work, but I do not think that is the case here.

I would laugh to see the person who did the railgun shotgun replacement post a thread and say he wants credit for his work out of all the other wads that used the idea. Would pretty much be a big mess Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: