ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why does this happen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vermilion
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Why does this happen? Reply with quote

I want to start a coop server and not a deathmatch server. But when I start the coop server, the deathmatch weapons are still scattered about the maps. Why is it doing this? Zslite is set to COOPERATIVE and not deathmatch. I never had to deal with this before except on skulltag.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1448/whygx2.png

See the chaingun? It shouldnt be there, and so shouldnt the bfg, plasma rifle, and other weapons.
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only a "Multiplayer" flag when making maps in Doom 2 format, so things will show up in both Deathmatch and Cooperative if the Multiplayer flag is checked. Multiplayer things used to not show up in Coop, but that was changed in one of the recent versions.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no "deathmatch" weapons; they are "multiplayer" weapons and yeah. they should spawn on servers as servers are intended to be used by more than one player.
Vermilion
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how are people supposed to run doom or doom 2 servers properly now? How come some other permenant servers don't have this problem? And also, when was the update that made it this way? I never had this problem last summer.
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the way Vanilla Doom Coop was played back in the day.
These options where put back into ZDaemon after countless old school people moaning about it.
Frankly i dont really think there is a way for ZDaemon to correct this.
Unless there would be an extra DM flag that would allow ZDoom coop on Vanilla doom maps or something. (disabling the multiplayer flag).
Vermilion
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my attitude, but what the hell? Why would any one want to play like that? The people who bitched about old school being taken out should have shut their mouths and used the "classic" dmflags that were made just for them. The oldschoolers should understand that its time to grow out of things, its the 21st century. But I guess no ones needs can ever be satisfied...I'm not starting a flame war, I am only stating the truth.
kandy_kid
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a "multiplayer" port...
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what happens when people get used to bugs? They think that's the way it's supposed to be.
It was a ZDaemon bug, and now it's fixed. Get used to it.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarthQuake wrote:
See what happens when people get used to bugs? They think that's the way it's supposed to be.

you mean like straferun, one-way wallruns and silent BFGs? Laughing
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally agree with Vermillion here, at least the fact that fixing this "bug" does not make coop any better. An extra DMFLAG which Da_ManiaC mentioned could be the solution of this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Slayer420
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vermilion wrote:
Excuse my attitude, but what the hell? Why would any one want to play like that? The people who bitched about old school being taken out should have shut their mouths and used the "classic" dmflags that were made just for them. The oldschoolers should understand that its time to grow out of things, its the 21st century. But I guess no ones needs can ever be satisfied...I'm not starting a flame war, I am only stating the truth.

DUDE! this is DOOM fucking 2!!!!!

go play another game if you don't want "old" Laughing
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nnnnnno, see, this is Doom2.

what we're playing is:

and the problem people have with this is that it was indulged for so long that they got used to playing that way and would like to have the option to continue doing so. and seriously, how much fucking sense does having a BFG on map01 make??? Laughing
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cybershark wrote:
EarthQuake wrote:

you mean like straferun, one-way wallruns and silent BFGs? Laughing

I am not opposed at all to keeping bugs that existed in the original Doom. What I'm referring to is that this is a ZDaemon bug. It has the possibility of breaking the way certain maps were meant to play, especially older pre-Hexen-format custom wads. I'm certain that the mapping team of id Software knew about the Multiplayer flag at time the original maps were created and took it into account when creating their maps. They knew that it affected cooperative and deathmatch, and not just deathmatch.

I created a few single-player/cooperative maps back in the day, and now they can actually work as intended. Before the change, extra weapons, ammo, and monsters wouldn't even spawn unless it was on deathmatch, making the maps too easy or too hard.
Da_maniaC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarthQuake wrote:
It was a ZDaemon bug, and now it's fixed. Get used to it.

QFT
scirmast
Da Po-po

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people, don't start this up again. This debate is at least 4 years old now, and we already reached some kind of conclusion.

Besides Vermillion here just stated "the truth", so that is the way it must be.

Its not like we didn't know everyones two cents here already.
Da_maniaC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scirmast wrote:
Hey people, don't start this up again. This debate is at least 4 years old now, and we already reached some kind of conclusion.

Besides Vermillion here just stated "the truth", so that is the way it must be.

Its not like we didn't know everyones two cents here already.

Very true. Too bad Vermillion has to excuse his behaviour and cant accept it in a normal fashion.

Frankly i can not comprehend all the bitching about ZDaemon behaviour changed back to oldschool behaviour as close as possible.

Sure you can add new things, but doesnt it make sense to do it on top of the original base?

Next to that ppl here are still keeping things nice. (Which is the way it should be of course). Everyone could've just said: "ZDaemon is a freelance project you never spent a dime on it, we get to decide F OFF". Yet we didn't. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: