ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes in Tournaments for 2007

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Changes in Tournaments for 2007 Reply with quote

As we move onto the new year, I'd like to try and fix alot of the problems that have been going on lately with tournaments. I want tournaments to run as smoothly as possible, and hopefully enforcing these rules even more will help.

1) Dropping out. If you drop out, you will not be able to enter tournaments for _two_ whole months, unless its an urgent personal matter. Please do not enter a tournament unless you are at least 90% confident you will be able to get your match played.

2) Missing a deadline. If you miss a deadline, you are given two, and ONLY two, 'grace days' afterwards to get your game done. If it is not done by then, you and your opponent will be DQ'd, unless they have vanished off the earth.

3) Exp point restrictions. The reason we do this is to keep out aliasers or just random people entering and not playing their games. Please double check to see if you have enough exp to enter your tournament. Failure to to do so more than twice will result in a ban.

Although not too big of a concern, but registering other people into tournaments. You will be caught. If you register someone else into the tournaments, you will be IP banned from tournaments, and if you continue to do it, something far worse shall happen! Just dont act like an idiot.

Hopefully, this well help improve the way tournaments get played. If not, you'll be lucky to see me or anyone else wasting our time with them. I will leave this thread open to suggestions unless it gets all crapped up.

Last edited by HumanBones on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define Exp restrictions. You have to have a certain amount of Exp points to join, or you have to not just be walking off the street onto zdaemon and entering tourney', or what?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest for Pro tourneys some Ratio >= 1.0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zoldennis5491
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llol, u should make brackets bigger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoldennis5491 wrote:
llol, u should make brackets bigger

That's foolish at this point; simply because people don't play their matches as it is. Bracket shouldn't be expanded until the tourney admins have a comfortable feeling of trust in the community to play their matches. Until then, be quick to getting to the deadline, I guess.
[SIN]Pride
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boner, I'm going to talk to Raider about the issues of people signing others up. I think I have a good idea.
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SIN]Pride wrote:
Boner, I'm going to talk to Raider about the issues of people signing others up. I think I have a good idea.

So it'd go something like this?: "If someone was signed up by a third party, I get the spot!" Laughing

I'm not sure if this is already in place, but why not let the sign-ups have 2 or 4 additional [late] entries, so if someone drops out for a particular reason, one of those people can step in. So for example, there can be one "reserve" per bracket. Or how about letting the person dropping out choose the reserve? Just throwing ideas out there Smile.
kandy_kid
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell even let the reserve play in a no shows place.
Mr-cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i just don't like it's that people are losing EXP Points (eg -34, -1, -100) see if you losing alot then you get 0 EXP points not - 100 EXP point.
and there should be a rule about camping players in a FFA
[GoD]Satan
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exp and ratio mean nothing, there's nothing more to say about the matter

gg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: