ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DX] bans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: [DX] bans Reply with quote

As some of you may have heard, several [DX] clan members were banned last night. Before the rumors and speculation start, I’ll set the record straight here.

The offending players joined a CTF game on one of the Doomed Earth servers and intentionally disrupted the game for everyone else. All of the DX players joined the blue team (not just as spectators) and grabbed the red team’s flag. However, they refused to score even though they could have easily done so. They clearly had one purpose in mind, and that is to make the game unplayable for everyone else. The teams were ridiculously unbalanced and they refused to make them even.

This wasn’t a one-time occurrence. I’ve received numerous complaints about them over the past few days. I’ve witnessed it myself first-hand.

I don’t know what kind of sick enjoyment they get out of that, but they will have to find somewhere else to do it. That kind of behavior isn’t welcome here. I’m sure anyone who tried to play CTF last night would agree with these bans.

Last edited by Raider on Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Liquidsnake
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..
MetalBlack
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, Who was all banned if you dont mind me asking?
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perma- or tempo-?
187tophatalpha
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that some of them were banned. Most of them were getting on my nerves and i lose interest while playing ctf if they join cuz of the way they act to me and joke about every1 else
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what about the euro scene when it is 5vs2 and 5vs1 in ctf and nobody changes sides, should all of these people be banned also?

Not only that but what is wrong with a clan playing with its own team members? and maybe not scoring and keeping an advantage is a good tactic. I remember once playing against some Czech team winning the map by 1-0 as my team mate RJumped out of trouble with the flag and gave us the winning score with 11 minutes to spare.

Maybe this ban is unjust i dno =\
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
well what about the euro scene when it is 5vs2 and 5vs1 in ctf and nobody changes sides, should all of these people be banned also?

Not only that but what is wrong with a clan playing with its own team members? and maybe not scoring and keeping an advantage is a good tactic. I remember once playing against some Czech team winning the map by 1-0 as my team mate RJumped out of trouble with the flag and gave us the winning score with 11 minutes to spare.

Maybe this ban is unjust i dno =\

This ban isn't about uneven teams. It's about INTENTIONALLY preventing the game from being played. It was very obvious what they were trying to do.

I have no problem with a clan loading up one of the teams while they wait for other players to join. The right thing to do is remain a spectator until other players join the opposing team. They didn't do that.
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nestea wrote:
Perma- or tempo-?

That depends on what they do next. They're not off to a good start since some of them retaliated in their usual childish way. That's not getting anyone unbanned.
999cop
Daemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've witnessed this before for several times, and I was there too last night. You have my vote, Raider.
Skitz0.X
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider wrote:

I have to wonder about the willpower it takes to not just throw your arms up and finally say "fuck it" and leave this community to deteriorate into a squabbling drama-filled digital playground.
You impress me Raider. After all these years, you're still here grinding it out...
Yet, for what?
To re-iterate the same rules over and over? You may as well get some money out of this sort of work, and become an Elementary School teacher.
Not much money, but at least there's some benefits.
Summers off!

It's almost like being a pusher that stays at the crackhouse trying to keep everything orderly and sane.
Dooming is, after all, a drug. The online community of ZDaemon, would be the crackhouse.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Merk
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing the CTF match that got them banned...I was on the opposing team....and RAIDER....THANK YOU!!!! To everyone else who doesn't understand his reasoning....there is a CTF game overview in the Zdaemon homepage that says this "The object of the game is to run to your opponent’s base and take their flag. You must then run back to your own base with the flag. When you reach your own flag at your base, you score a point for your team"...they got our flag, teamed up in a little room protecting the carrier and never left, never tried to make a point, never tried to win, never tried to play the game as it is to be played. so it is like any other sport you play that if you dont play by the rules, YOU DONT PLAY AT ALL. I support you RAIDER 100%
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think this is justified well enough, although i presume there will be some flamy posts over a certain clans forums.
DEATHMETAL
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they grabbed the flag and r-jumped to a high up spot , probably after securing the lead. Which would mean the other team lost fair and square . It's the other team's problem for not having the skill to rjump and RTF. Unbalancing the teams is gay yes , but it's apparent that that's not what they were banned for.

These bans are completely ridiculous. You all need to slow down and think real hard , and explain what rule they actually violated.

And this goes out to the players on the other team that complained:
This was not a case of disruption , but an example of skill , learn to overcome it , it WAS possible to get that flag back , if you just stop being pussies and TRY harder instead going crying to Raider because you're losing.
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEATHMETAL wrote:
I'm guessing they grabbed the flag and r-jumped to a high up spot , probably after securing the lead. Which would mean the other team lost fair and square . It's the other team's problem for not having the skill to rjump and RTF. Unbalancing the teams is gay yes , but it's apparent that that's not what they were banned for.

These bans are completely ridiculous. You all need to slow down and think real hard , and explain what rule they actually violated.

This was not a case of disruption , but an example of skill , learn to overcome it , it WAS possible to get that flag back , if you just stop being pussies and TRY harder instead going crying to Raider because you're losing.

Not even death i watched the demo and everyone went into the impse area which doesn't even require rj.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEATHMETAL wrote:

What you don't seem to realise that doom is a game, if you don't enjoy playing it, then why play? People shouldn't have to "put up" with retards pulling out the "entertainment" of doom, and fustrating you.
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lippy wrote:
DEATHMETAL wrote:

What you don't seem to realise that doom is a game, if you don't enjoy playing it, then why play? People shouldn't have to "put up" with retards pulling out the "entertainment" of doom, and fustrating you.

Maybe they were having their enjoyment? Anyways there was more then enough players to join the other team such as [RB]Metalhead, [RB]Kitty, Atari, Jkist[NS] and a couple more. But no they decided to either spectate or join up on blue team. On top of that they([DX]) were in a easy to reach area any random noob could of hopped in and returned the flag.
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not being judgemental to the current players in which where playing at the time, it is just the nature of what they where doing was why they deserved a ban, incase they did this to other players, after many times of doing it, i'd doubt they would stop.
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I support Raider's position 100%, DX members have been coming into games and causing alot of problems alot, so hopefully a ban will sort them out and if they get unbanned they'll stop it. It's the same with the forums, there's a bad attitude about. Raider don't listen to them, something had to be done.

Thad
whiteboy567
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times? Can you name these so called times for me? Many other clans before DX did this sort of thing such as UD and DUI. I was even on the opposing side a couple of times when they did that. I even asked DUI to even teams then romeo replied with Adapt and Overcome. But when another clan does it they get a ban. Does that sound reasonable to you?
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteboy567 wrote:
Many times? Can you name these so called times for me? Many other clans before DX did this sort of thing such as UD and DUI. I was even on the opposing side a couple of times when they did that. I even asked DUI to even teams then romeo replied with Adapt and Overcome. But when another clan does it they get a ban. Does that sound reasonable to you?

I'm not taking this into further discussion, as you dispute almost every ban possible.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Clans and Scrims All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: