ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toke, our friend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiksilver wrote:
AK-01 wrote:
http://doom.fireprotect.ru/viewtopic.php?t=2167&start=22&sid=95992bed8dd45d064900ccaea882a56a

look at all russian community responce on this tragedy.

Wow. . . Toke spoke Russian?

No he never spoke russian, but he was famous all around the world and all russian community grieve about that loss.
Master-of-puppets
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....hes gone...i only knew him a couple of months....

He was a good guy

R.I.P man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thundare
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard too belive that toke was killed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blm07
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been here in forever, but I just saw the news on the front page. Man, when Toke's coopbuild maps came out like two years, coop online play was huge. There was always a bunch of people playing his maps. After the wad stopped updating, I think the whole coop community severly slowed down playing. Now there are wads with all the weird shit in it, it just doesn't feel the same. I still have a ton of the old wads, and won't forget the layouts anytime soon.
Judge_Death
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: RIP Toke Reply with quote

I remember Toke from a long way back. The news was so sad to me as Toke was a personal friend and a great DM-er. Ill always remember the games we played. He was exceptional in his method and it was rare for anyone to beat him. Not to mention he was a BFG Monkey (my personal nickname, for him after i got beat to the guy).

My condolences go with Toke's friends and family.

Dude, we will all miss you dearly, Thank you Toke for all the memories and the many games we had together,

RIP.

--------------------
From Judge Death
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe this. I don't.
I finally get my internet working tonight and this is the first thing I see?

God damnit Toke. Fucking why?
999cop
Daemon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Toke's CTF maps...anyone still keeping a copy of his CTF wad? I cant remember what it's called
Slayer420
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unidoom (deathz0r among others) has plans to finish toke's CTF wad BoomCTF. At least that is what I read on the main page.
999cop
Daemon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, i don't really know if what i'm thinking of right now is that BoomCTF you refer to as...I just know that Toke had made around 10 maps a while ago before i took a rest from the doom scene. Anyhow, whoever still has a copy of Toke's CTF wad, could you provide a link for download cuz' I'd like to upload a game server or request someone else to host a server for Toke's CTF
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was one which somehow ended up in ZDreview:
http://www.zdaemon.org/wadreview/?RecordID=81

that file link seems hopelessly outdated but GetWad found it in some obscure domain. that's a damn slow link to an unzipped file though so i uploaded it here:
http://69.8.146.76/~cybershark/wads/tctftest5.zip

and yeah, i've always wanted to give this one a try. could've sworn i had it already Confused
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, not used the forums in a long long time, but this was a big shock. I have played Toke quite a few times back in the day, he was a good player... My condolences goes out to his friends and family...R.I.P Toke.
Ganja
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey just wanted to say that i appreciate all this support you guys have showed, i have tokes comp now just im focusing on school and my girlfriend so i dont have much spare time. tokeserv should be back up tonight
ill edit link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Liquidsnake
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Last edited by Liquidsnake on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:21 am; edited 5 times in total
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquidsnake wrote:
hey ganja, pm me your email so we can stay in touch

try pressing this button within his post or contact information Smile
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ganja wrote:
hey just wanted to say that i appreciate all this support you guys have showed, i have tokes comp now just im focusing on school and my girlfriend so i dont have much spare time. tokeserv should be back up tonight
ill edit link

Hey man, that's really cool of you. I've been actually having this urge to look through his site just once more. Glad I'll be able to grab some of his stuff, so I can put it away for safe keeping.
niv
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EarthQuake wrote:
Ganja wrote:
ill edit link

Hey man, that's really cool of you. I've been actually having this urge to look through his site just once more. Glad I'll be able to grab some of his stuff, so I can put it away for safe keeping.

Heya ganja, I'm unable to get to tokeserv. Might be, that if you have it on a different IP, youll need to login to toke's ath.cx account and change the IP it points tokeserv.ath.cx to. Or you could just tell us the IP and we could put it in our local etc/hosts files. BTW, is the httpd server still running on port 81 like toke had it? (I guess to get around the cox filter of port 80)
Slayer420
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niv wrote:
EarthQuake wrote:
Ganja wrote:
ill edit link

Heya ganja, I'm unable to get to tokeserv. Might be, that if you have it on a different IP, youll need to login to toke's ath.cx account and change the IP it points tokeserv.ath.cx to. Or you could just tell us the IP and we could put it in our local etc/hosts files. BTW, is the httpd server still running on port 81 like toke had it? (I guess to get around the cox filter of port 80)

Ganja hasn't been around much and as far as I know he dosent know much about web servers. Next time I get a hold of him I'll have him jump on powerprecision or freenode, we can talk about how to get tokeserv back up. He will likely need hosting and I know many people would be willing to allocate the resources nesscary but I think a server in arizona or the midwest or west coast would be best.
niv
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer420 wrote:
niv wrote:
EarthQuake wrote:
Ganja wrote:
ill edit link

Ganja hasn't been around much and as far as I know he dosent know much about web servers. Next time I get a hold of him I'll have him jump on powerprecision or freenode, we can talk about how to get tokeserv back up. He will likely need hosting and I know many people would be willing to allocate the resources nesscary but I think a server in arizona or the midwest or west coast would be best.

I live in AZ, and have two dedicated servers located on the west coast (though in Cali, not in AZ), and would be more than willing to host a permanent "mirror" of tokeserv. Let's all talk once you get him on irc.
Poltergeist
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i didnt know Toke and it is a bit late to post but i would like to say that from what ive heard Toke was a great guy and i wish his family well and everybody who knew him.

R.I.P Toke

You will be remebered
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Quiksilver
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it comin up on 2 years?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: