ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK vs CZ
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: UK vs CZ Reply with quote

I think this event deserves its own topic, so far we have agreed with vampire on the following:

CTF 5 on 5
the match will be played on Sunday, 6.8.2006 at 7PM UK time 20.00 czech time
we will play 6 maps (mappack 1-3) overall, with 3 on each country's server
maximum number of players for each team is 10

my suggestions not discussed so far:
+main chat during the game will be strictly reserved for captains ONLY, there will be no other players discussing among themselves, any discussion within a team should be done only via the teamchat function, this is to prevent confusion resulting from too many players chatting at the same time as well as various taunting and improper behaviour in general
+i think it would be unfair for one side to have to play first 3 maps(half of the match) away, so i suggest this: solution a) if the home team wins first 2 maps, we swap the servers and play 3 maps on the other team's server, then again swapping for the last map.
solution b)home server 2 maps.....regardless of the outcome..server swap....3 maps away....server swap home server final map.
The logic behind this is that losing 3 games in a row could have a bad psychological impact on a team damaging their performance on their home server. The colors will be swapped after 3 maps(regardless of the server)
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suggestions sound pretty reasonable, though just to touch on your second point;

*it may in the end prove to be too "fussy", but what about chaging servers after every game? (no matter about scores). This will keep the match honest and ultimately fairer for both sides.

*Also, about releasing squad names, do you agree that both countries will release the details on friday/saturday to the public? This, as i have stated before, will help organisation, keeping the match honest and get the public interested in the match (the outcome etc), as well as just quirking up the tie.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
The suggestions sound pretty reasonable, though just to touch on your second point;

*it may in the end prove to be too "fussy", but what about chaging servers after every game? (no matter about scores). This will keep the match honest and ultimately fairer for both sides.

*Also, about releasing squad names, do you agree that both countries will release the details on friday/saturday to the public? This, as i have stated before, will help organisation, keeping the match honest and get the public interested in the match (the outcome etc), as well as just quirking up the tie.

well, we can have it your way but it will be pain in the ass Smile

yea we can release the names any time you wish, im even prepared to do it now....

also on a map start: both captains(or in my case someone ill put in charge if i decide not to play) should say "ready" which will be the signal for a map to be restarted and once it is, the game starts immidiatelly

this is just another measure to prevent any possible hickups and confusion - im not in favour of putting to many rules on this but....this is important
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldnt we make it 8pm UK Time, 9pm Cz.

Some people have to work and i think its a little early imo.
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
couldnt we make it 8pm UK Time, 9pm Cz.

Some people have to work and i think its a little early imo.

Well to be honest, i dont think many people work late on a sunday, if at all. I was thinking more of the people working the next morning, including myself because ill be busy.

Well Ufon, we dont have to do it that way (chaging servers after every game) it was only a suggestion, maybe we could have a vote on it?
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
Well to be honest, i dont think many people work late on a sunday, if at all. I was thinking more of the people working the next morning, including myself because ill be busy.

thats right

Quote:

Well Ufon, we dont have to do it that way (chaging servers after every game) it was only a suggestion, maybe we could have a vote on it?

naah, ill leave this up to you, i would prefer 2-3-1 with a color disadvantage for the team starting on their home server but i guess your suggestion is just more fair
so its your call

also about the maps, we choose 7, 9, 11
so just pick another 3 and let me know as soon as possible, i wont be on MSN utill about 8 PM your time tho
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB (lol sorry i meant GB) squad:

Vampire
Englander
Hawk
Finney
WeaponX
Hashish
Poignant
Envision
Thad
TUD

Maps: 04, 27, 28.

Last edited by Vampire Knight on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for the squad too, i thought i had the names but some of the players failed to turn up when i asked them to, so ill try to give it to you ASAP.......(meaning very soon)
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: This is not the final squad by the way, i may make 1 or 2 changes (2 max) before our match. Ill add the names still in with a look:

Vampire
Englander
Hawk
Finney
WeaponX
Hashish
Poignant
Envision
Thad
TUD
Rosebird [RES]
Sniper [RES]

Also, i would like to change map 27 to map 25 if thats ok by you, Ufon.
finney
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Vampire!!! By you saying you may change two players! We're all gonna still be guessing who's in the team ROFL.
Come on make your mind up! hehe.... I'm so glad i didnt have to come up with the team, even tho i got asked to plenty of times ROFLMFAO...

SO GOODLUCK Vampire on choosing the right team m8!!!!

May the force be with you!!!
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok change accepted, and i take that as the final choice of the maps
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finney wrote:
lol Vampire!!! By you saying you may change two players! We're all gonna still be guessing who's in the team ROFL.
Come on make your mind up! hehe.... I'm so glad i didnt have to come up with the team, even tho i got asked to plenty of times ROFLMFAO...

SO GOODLUCK Vampire on choosing the right team m8!!!!

May the force be with you!!!

Look i guess i should have made it clearer, but i never once said when i would announce the FINAL squad. Of course the main players know their in and its only the fringe players that have to worry and again theyll know who they are. I mean its not like im going to make mass changes, so please, enough with the dramatics sean ; D

Ill make my mind up when i make my mind up, im the captain and ill do it my way Smile and to be perfectly honest i dont really understand your post anyway finney, lol.

UFON: yeah final map choices.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our squad looks like this:

titan
starrec
vain
spirit_crusader
ufon
hokis
draza
darg
sneakfast
czegi
ballero
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds fun =]

I would like also like to know the FINAL team for each country and im sure many other people in the zd community would like to know also Rolling Eyes

anyways, as far as the match goes, i wish best luck to both sides playing and i hope the games can be fun, enjoyable and extremely tense.

Best of Luck

GG's =]
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m sure both sides are concentrated on practising these days and I guess Ufon will post up the final line-up on Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon or such! But anyway he´s the captain so he may do the things different way Very Happy
finney
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that last post i was off my head!!! sorry!!! ive just had a nice big present, and im celerbrating!!! was only being sarcastic Kris Razz ADIOS
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodluck to both teams. This should be fun! As one of the fringe players Vampire spoke about, i hope i see you all there! If not, GO GB!

Thad
sneakfast
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to both teams, maybe slightly more for UK Razz
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed good luck to both. I'm still shocked how painless this has been to get going may other events take a look at how it should be done and take a leaf out of this topic Cool
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully i will be there to kick some ass on sunday and if so i'll be using that extra bit of luck to frag some czech flagrunners sneakfast :p
Good luck to both sides it should be some exciting fast paced ctf Very Happy

Btw well said poignant this has taken no time at all to set up i hope it'll be the first of many matches between UK and CZ
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: