ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK vs NL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol wtf?...

I already know this will never be played. As Elmer Fud stated, our strongest line-up don't get along very well. We tried to put it aside for the game against the Czech but, as you might've read in that topic, problems occured. And there's no doubt in my mind that with this match also, disagreements like those will start again.

Anyways, even If we decided to try it once more. Both teams need practise. And haha.... it's summer. I'm sure we all have better things to do than sit here for hours in this heat Razz..
Myea ok... Occasionally we might be able find some time, but I doubt we would all feel like it. I know I wouldn't Wink
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:
i hope we can get this thing sorted out quickly and efficiently. It looks like it could be a very tough lineup

btw would it be 5vs5 or two teams of 3vs3 for ctf?

Well, I prefer 5v5 in pretty much bigger maps than normal. I mean you are playing for a country, and 3v3 is like all other games. Smile
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing will never take off. We all pretty much know this, so i think its fair to forget and try a different approach, how about the UK vs the Czech Republic?
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to European Tournaments. I'll leave a shadow topic so everyone knows.
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I´m not really sure and I don´t want to start the flame here, but in the "Dutch challenges Czech" case I think that there were some personal inconvenience in the Dutch team! The problem now is, as killer instinct said - it´s summer! But if interested, I can ask Titan or maybe I´ll find out the best Czech players myself! So post some answer to this here please and if Dutch team or UK team will be ready we can arrange the battle ASAP! Smile Or maybe both battles Very Happy
Tomsa_x
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czechs are always prepared to fight. Even if it is summer we can get together stronger team than any other country could ever imagine:))). (No lool, just kidding:)).

Ok, now seriously. IF we are challenged by anyone we can get a team together and even if some of our top players are not available, we can still sub them quite equally. The "Dutch challenges Czech" war was not played, but we got our team together and had evereything prepaired for it and we can do so to fight any other country as well...

EDIT: Titan was a captain for CZ vs NL and he has chosen Ufon, vain, Twister, Beran and Titan to play as a main squad. I doubt anyone would like to go to fight against these guys in one team together. Still, if you have suicidal tendencies, you may try it Brits. Twisted Evil
scylla
Dominating!

Location: Belgium ----- Posts: 9871 ----------Joined ZDaemon : 2001 '30th march

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WeaponX wrote:

For me, the top 6 UKcandidates would be:

Vampire
Englander
Myself
enVision
Hawk
Poignant

Hilarious , ^^ (the fact that I am the biggest lamer of all-time)
lippy
overactive hormones

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, scylla the doomgod may be joining in. Laughing
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offcourse not. He's not dutch or UK. But meh, everyone already whined about this match that it doesn't work, so no match I guess. Confused
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the Czech: we had a team ready, just not as good as it could have been. Titan was gonna discuss maps with his squad, and never returned... Confused

So it was not because the Dutch had some issues going within their team.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
To the Czech: we had a team ready, just not as good as it could have been. Titan was gonna discuss maps with his squad, and never returned... Confused

So it was not because the Dutch had some issues going within their team.

i call titan to the witness stand !

we were sorta ready at that time except i was about to move so i told titan if the game wasnt gonna happen soon he would have to have me replaced, we discussed the maps sort of, we were even starting to discuss the strategy within the team......so its surprising to hear this was the cause

Quote:

EDIT: Titan was a captain for CZ vs NL and he has chosen Ufon, vain, Twister, Beran and Titan to play as a main squad. I doubt anyone would like to go to fight against these guys in one team together. Still, if you have suicidal tendencies, you may try it Brits. Twisted Evil

im sure it would be a very close match but im afraid this squad is a history now, first im not playing anymore so i wouldnt be in, then im not sure about beran, i guess he isnt active either, this can be said pretty much about everyone from the original line-up except vain,
so the team would look pretty different now

maybe if the dutch can get their act together we could have a tournament of 3, and make it an annual one too Wink
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scylla wrote:
WeaponX wrote:

For me, the top 6 UKcandidates would be:

Vampire
Englander
Myself
enVision
Hawk
Poignant

Hilarious , ^^

How exactly is that hilarious scylla? If im not mistaken 2 players out of that list owned your clan (with you playing in it), and in all fairness if it was belgium vs England im afraid you wouldnt even geta flag.

Dutch: If you guys are willing to put together a decent side and get organised we can play this match. Smae to the Czechs, we cna play both matches, or none depends on you guys, were rdy to fire.

Ufon: or maybe a 4 team tournament with Semi-finals?
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Tomsa and Ufon are right. The lineup would be different now, because of the summer, but still we´re definitely able to get a very strong team ready. I´d personally vote Ufon for the new captain to get the things ready, because he cares for Doom very much and he dont´t want to play - ideal coach Very Happy If the things are going to move forward, count me in please! I´d love to be a part of this Smile
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ufon and other Czechs: I didnt mean maps, because they were discussed already. I meant a time and place (server). Sorry.

Well if we choose to have a fourth country in this, I think the Finnish would be a good 4th.

Starts to sound like this more and more.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Ufon and other Czechs: I didnt mean maps, because they were discussed already. I meant a time and place (server). Sorry.

Well if we choose to have a fourth country in this, I think the Finnish would be a good 4th.

Starts to sound like this more and more.

yup it would have to be the finns

but its true what some of you guys say, this isnt a good time for such an event, lots of players out on summer holidays and i can imagine how some of them might feel getting back to see such a thing got played without them having a chance to take part

still if you wanna go ahead with this ill try to do my part on the czech side, basically having a quick voting(couple of days) to get the captaincy sorted out

still i wish this could wait a couple of weaks so that all sides can have the best players available
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve already voted! But indeed its true, that real good players are out now (e.g. Titan, Beran etc.) but I think we still can try to arrange this and play something friendly! If this can work now, surely we´ll be able to make a reprisal after the summer holiday, including the best of all our countries Smile

Btw it seems to me, that if every country is able to make a "best of" team, we shall think of creating some kind of CTF national league or such! I know it involves much work, but it´s just an idea to think about Cool
WeaponX
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh this looks like it could even turn into UK vs CZ vs NL

HELL IN THE CELL MATCH Wink
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacepirate wrote:
Elmort you made one tiny mistake. The three first people are all in NK. So we are already a good TEAM. So taking me out will effect the team a bit. Don't want to sound too cocky, hehe.

But yes, I totally forgot Punaxe.

I think Bianca would be a great player for the Netherlands too!

Last edited by Ronald on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WhiteKnight
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested WeaponX Wink

A bit of ZD practise and I should be amongst the best...
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were many disputes among dutch players when we were preparing that match. The dutch team should be the strongest, maybe that was the problem. International battles should include the strongest performances. aprox., we all know who should be in the dutch team, dont we ?

I guess czech republic is ready to play an international match. The question is, who is the captain, iam not sure, if iam still actual. At this moment, czech republic is during the "doom-sleeping", hot summer, holiday, you know, low activity. Personaly iam ready to play...

Last time its very hard to chose the best performance, but if we are going to play 5vs5, i would chose "aim masters" instead of tactic players...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: