ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Your Current Project Here Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,

As much as I appreciate your work and your efforts to ZDaemon you should stop claiming that ZDaemon can do any other sourceports (e.g GZDoom) can do.
That's simply not true, yes with Dehsupp you can MODIFY (because that is what you're actually doing) a lot of actors but it still has it's limits.
Even with all the ACS you can think of you would never be able to reach what can be achieved with GZDoom.
Did someone tell you that all the other sourceports have ACS too? Well, now you know.

A person that creates modifications for ZDaemon but does not know what Dehsupp is or how to use it, does not resemble what you call a "nub".
That's just "common nub thinking" to me.

Calling Zandronum mappers/modders things like you always do is also uncalled-for. You make us, but merely yourself look like a douche.

A couple of years ago Dehsupp was still a big mystery to most of us, I remember looking up to Worst for using Heretic stuff in his projects.
Did that make us noobs? No, it didn't. It just made us look up to him and wondering how he did all of it.

Someone can be good and creative at mapping, but at the same time doesn't know how to code or use dehacked at all. That does also not make him/her a "nub".

So there's the answer to your guiz.
Respect your fellow modder as you wish to be respected yourself.

Last edited by UberGewei on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UberGewei wrote:

As much as I appreciate your work and your efforts to ZDaemon you should stop claiming that ZDaemon can do anything other sourceports (e.g GZDoom) can do.

I don't... where u found that? That would be sincerly silly Shocked

*skipping some unrelated shit-talk about ACS*

UberGewei wrote:
A person that creates modifications for ZDaemon but does not know what Dehsupp is or how to use it, does not resemble what you call a "nub". That's just "common nub thinking" to me.

Hmm noo, you missed the point here.
This does not aim at ZDaemon mappers, But! On generic mappers which follows simple logic that decorate = universe.
Those guys sorta mentioned it... But in reality they don't miss anything but knownledge (maybie some zandro thing-bit behavior i dont know about)

UberGewei wrote:

Calling Zandronum mappers/modders things like you always do is also uncalled-for. You make us, but merely yourself look like a douche.

Trust me, they do talk about ZD in much worse way.

They prey they got their god-engine with unlimited possibilites...
But nearly none of them can damn make use of it.
So no doucheness here...

*skipping stuff related to above*

UberGewei wrote:

Someone can be good and creative at mapping, but at the same time doesn't how to code or dehacked at all. That does also not make him/her a "nub".

Again noone says that... I suck with ACS so much i could consider myself beign nub here... no problem with that... but when I consider my overall knownledge i dont think it's that bad ~
Mr. Satan
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACS with DEHACKED AND DEHSUPP allows you to halfass emulate some of the things that DECORATE can do. For example I was able to make Blue Armor absorb 100% damage but if ½ the damage you take is equal to or greater than your current health you will still die. In Decorate you create a new armor that replaces the Blue Armor and change Armor.SavePercent to 100

DECORATE has implemented a tons of flags that DEHACK, DEHSUPP, ACS can't emulate. For example to there is no way to keep a specific item from respawning. With DECORATE you can set the flag +INVENTORY.BIGPOWERUP then when you create the game unset the flag Respawn Mega items (ZDaemon) or Mega powerups respawn (Zandronum) and that item will never respawn. There's also the +INVENTORY.NEVERRESPAWN flag (which will be implemented the Zandro 3.0) which prevents an item from respawning.

I would love to see this program enable pass thru for friendly players, projectiles, and hit scan attacks. That would stop a lot of trolling.

This is the wad that enables pass thru for friendly hit scan attacks. It only works with Complex Doom.
http://allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=complex-doom.v26a2-nopush-v2.pk3
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then u picked bad port. ZD's slowly implementing some of those but still nothing what would satisfy you, that would be decorate which will not happen.

You don't halfass emulate stuff, its same in both ways.

Btw. the passthru can be done in dehacked for missiles. I have no idea how it works with hit scans...

About armor you can choose from 4 types (2 from heretic) that has different properities...

You can control damage factor using ACS (you can notice XSnake using it in Castle Of Hassle a lot).

About respawning, you can do this in dehacked again.

Thats pretty much everything of it... In ZD you have to be creative and have bunch of knownledge, as I said ... nothing easy for newbie mappers.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since this is damn post your damn project there are some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wRPsypB6IY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLxniuYbIx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIM4QfgPvQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0berF0mJ9o
Mr. Satan
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamageFactory reduces total damage taken. I created Armor that absorbs 100% of damage first. You still take the full amount but all the damage goes to Armor first.

¿What flag can I set with DEHACKED to keep a specific item type from respawning?

I guess it standard to stand still and duke it out with enemies. He gave himself all weapons. BFG would mow down the zombieman. Time it so you shoot the corner of the wall as you strafe out from behind it. Strafe behind it. Let the tracers kill them. I've watched Looper and Sinow_Cecil do that in Cyber Terror maps.

The modded zombieman in the second video is kinda like Legendary Zombies. Except probably 1/10 the life and can only use one weapon. SSG, circle strafe, slow down just enough to aim.

The Starry Sky looks nice. I'm guessing support for high res textures.

DEHSUPP is nice but how do you use it? There's no webpage with info about. Every page I've found no longer exists.
How do you use DECORATE? http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE BAM!
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeyesx wrote:
UberGewei wrote:

As much as I appreciate your work and your efforts to ZDaemon you should stop claiming that ZDaemon can do anything other sourceports (e.g GZDoom) can do.

I don't... where u found that? That would be sincerly silly Shocked

The many screenshots where you compare ZDaemon to the OpenGL, Decorate, etc -supporting Sourceports.
Always trying to proof that ZDaemon can do just as much as any other sourceport in certain area's. You have been promising so many ridiculous, mind boggling things.
Maybe I should let bygones be bygones but it still seems like you're always trying to glorify ZDaemon, why?
If people don't like ZDaemon they can play another sourceport just as fine.

Aeyesx wrote:
Hmm noo, you missed the point here.
This does not aim at ZDaemon mappers, But! On generic mappers which follows simple logic that decorate = universe.
Those guys sorta mentioned it... But in reality they don't miss anything but knownledge (maybie some zandro thing-bit behavior i dont know about)

What you're replying to here; I said that merely because of what you said to Robert about him not knowing what Dehsupp is.
Which I really doubt, since Robert has requested me to do some Dehsupp stuff for him.

Be clearer in your messages, to avoid discussions like this.
To me it looked like all these lines/sentences belonged together.

Still, yet even if it's aimed at "generic mappers", you're making an insult (especially with those pictures).
It really is uncalled-for man, stop fighting an unsung war.
It's not there and if it's there, it doesn't deserve attention. It just makes no sense.
Because one person or a small group of people said something, doesn't mean everyone thinks like that. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Aeyesx wrote:
Trust me, they do talk about ZD in much worse way.

You are really exaggerating here, my friend.
And so what? If a person jumps into the ditch, you'd do it too?

Aeyesx wrote:
They prey they got their god-engine with unlimited possibilites...
But nearly none of them can damn make use of it.
So no doucheness here...

I cannot comprehent why you would say something like that.
You're pretty much being a douche here.

Don't get me wrong on the first bit of this message though, it is satisfying to get something done within certain boundries. I get that.
I'd support you in that all day, but stop big talking about it.
It's not only annoying but it also makes you look like a self-imposed mouthpiece. You're not some sort of Dehsupp god, you are not the only one around here that knows how to use Dehsupp.

Anyway, let us move on to other matters.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UberGewei's smart talk here
Quote:
The many screenshots where you compare ZDaemon to the OpenGL, Decorate, etc -supporting Sourceports.

Again there are not, only once that shows wad compatibility possibilities.
Or perhaps u saw just some screenies from converted wads (I was recently showing knee-deep in zdoom running in zdaemon thats right, BUT not comparsion)
Quote:
trying to glorify ZDaemon, why?

Cuz it's cool!
Quote:
What you're replying to here; I said that merely because of what you said to Robert about him not knowing what Dehsupp is.
Which I really doubt, since Robert has requested me to do some Dehsupp stuff for him.

Some crap again,
Times when DehSUPP could do magic are GONE. So for you guys just to know.. it lets you use extended ranges of frames (up to 5-6k of frames) and stuff from heretic hexen or zdaemon objects (mostly codepointers or unique stuff, such as calling ACS!) it also lets you add new sounds to soundmap.

But why its over?

ZDaemon already implemented MOST of the things into DeHackEd.
You have various decorate codepointers you can use directly in dehacked.
You dont have to use special dehsupp frames, UberGewei here lives in past talkin shit as always.
Quote:
And so what?

I don't like it. I dislike it, its the second biggest (sometimes still biggest) mp port which they are trying to ignore, and throw shit at it.

So yea you bassicaly always have to dig in shit to make it smell more. Stop it please, I am talkin loud, but its not aimed on none of you.

The answer to Mr. Satan here

The armor factor:
Right, then you gotta wait until someone implements it. (aka can make feature reguest here on forums...)

¿What flag can I set with DEHACKED to keep a specific item type from respawning?
A thing bit DROPPED Sir!

ZDoom wiki:
Quote:
Actor always acts as if it was dropped. They never respawn.

Quote:
The modded zombieman in the second video is kinda like Legendary Zombies. Except probably 1/10 the life and can only use one weapon. SSG, circle strafe, slow down just enough to aim.

It's not zombieman sir! Its a scripted marines! You can give them any weapon.
These are however old... We got much smarter AI for them today... its just a tiny bit buggy for now eheheh.

Quote:
The Starry Sky looks nice. I'm guessing support for high res textures.

Thank you!
There's the fact! ZDaemon does support hi-res textures! yay Very Happy (not flats though)
Quote:
DEHSUPP is nice but how do you use it?

It originates from zdoom. (zdoom one's are never compatible)
Some parts of Dehsupp are unused/ignores by ZD.
The way it is designated. It was never ment to be used by mappers...
Yes there are many people making their own.

But you don't have to unless you need special purpose (like add new sounds to soundmap)

ZDaemon by default has official dehsupp that contain stuff from Heretic, that you can make use of... However its not that much decided written on it that much yet...

It is a compiled lump as much ACS is that you can decompile again.
Some more detailed description i wrote on slade's git.
https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE/issues/593
Mr. Satan
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DROPPED flag didn't work. I think that can only be set by the game when the item is dropped from an enemy.
GHOST and THRUGHOST works, but apparently there are certain types of LINEDEFS/SECTORS etc that a thing with the GHOST flag can't pass thru.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Satan wrote:
The DROPPED flag didn't work. I think that can only be set by the game when the item is dropped from an enemy.
GHOST and THRUGHOST works, but apparently there are certain types of LINEDEFS/SECTORS etc that a thing with the GHOST flag can't pass thru.

Right,
I tried DROPPED and FULLDROP... they do not work for some reason.

about the rest... i dont know...

Btw. You know you can just disable item respawning...? Let's say you wan't to prevent medikit from respawning... Use some super-item from heretic to replace it and it will not respawn... in theory at least
Mr. Satan
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want ammo to respawn but not health/armor. This will allow true Survival games .

I tried the Eternity DEHACKED flags NORESPAWN, NOITEMRESP, and SUPERITEM, but none of these work.

¿Does ZDaemon support Eternity flags?
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

No, no eternity. but you got the point... thats worth of figuring out
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Satan wrote:
I want ammo to respawn but not health/armor. This will allow true Survival games .

I tried the Eternity DEHACKED flags NORESPAWN, NOITEMRESP, and SUPERITEM, but none of these work.

¿Does ZDaemon support Eternity flags?

Why don't you just use patchinf to assign TIDs to the wanted classes.
http://master.zdaemon.org/patchinfo.txt

//tagging Shotgun shells with TID 8000 here.
ThingH_Change (2008, *, 0, 0, *,*,*, *, *, *, 8000)

This way you can manage what to respawn and what not to respawn through ACS.

Hope that helps.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Satan wrote:

I would love to see this program enable pass thru for friendly players, projectiles, and hit scan attacks. That would stop a lot of trolling.

Something EQ once made, maybe it'll help you out.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/utils/exe_edit/patches/noblock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: