ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No tourney?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want more tourneys?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: No tourney? Reply with quote

I'd like to say that is not fair because of the dudez cheatin', you have to cancell the next tourneys... or at least that's what i saw on the Homepage...

I think the demo recording is great idea and should be implemented in a good way Very Happy I hope there could be tourneys in April.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we send em a virus Razz
[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nice idea fred XD!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkangel
Bikini Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to get rid of tourneys.They rule.=P=P
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopping tourneys is only temporary. Besides the admins can run a shooting range, doom racing or ice race 1v1 if they want, none of which can be cheated on afaik, even if they could be, there would be no benefit in the race maps. Shooting Range and doom racing are also already up on GSN.
[SAWB]Anunnaki
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was looking forward to April's tournies, but oh well

on the homepage it said not until the release of 1.09

When will version 1.09 come out?

and What type of cheating has been going on so you had to stop the tournements for the moment?
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a release date as yet for 1.09, we're hoping for sometime in April, but it isn't going to be a rush job. As well as security fixes there are a lot of new things going into it as well as bug fixes.

The cheating is in the form of a combined aimbot and wall hack with a variety of options for the cheat, while a lot are very easy to spot, with some we can't be 100% certain straight away. Stopping the regular tournaments for the time being is the only way to be sure no cheating can take place in them.
NaMeLeSs
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww and i was soo ready to show you what this noob can do Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[SIN]Pride
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sam... If a person knows how to cheat and hide it well, then that wouldn't be as easy to spot... Cause sometimes 5 frags in a DM match can be enough to call someone a hacker. Trying to conceil themselves.
[DMG]Slick
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need some tournys!!!!

gettin a little tired of just playin,,we need to be competing Exclamation
NaMeLeSs
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadow_Ghost
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NaMeLeSs wrote:
heh

beautiful post nameless
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[DMG]Slick wrote:
we need some tournys!!!!

gettin a little tired of just playin,,we need to be competing Exclamation

You should always compete to the fullest. That is the only way to play to your full potential.

Funding for today's life lesson brought to you by Mott's Apple Juice, and from generous contributions by viewers like you. We're PBS. Give us money.
[NewB]LiNk
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about cheaters, with new rule about the demos, i think is OK, and well... I just need the tourneys, for what? don't know, it's funnier to play a tourney match than any match.
[DUI]DRJONES
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Ready For The Tourny's....
Septimus
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the whole cancelling the tourneys because of cheaters is not going to stop the cheaters. This whole hype about cheaters has only encouraged them to go further. If we go back to normal business people MAY be less threatining, its just a hunch. But i say go for it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree fully, cheaters only think it is more fun to cheat now, becuase you can get banned perm and that sort of stuff. So it is 'cool' to his other cheaters friends if he can say, haha I cheated on that server bla bla. I don't think cheating is really getting more, people are more scared of it because it sometimes happen, and now it happen on a tourney once maybe... well it always is possible so just let it go. And just act normal, and not posting huge threads on the homepage about cheating because, it is always been like that. Now it is more in public and more people think about cheating... not really good. Confused

I first thought it was impossible because IDDQD didn't worked. Razz
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DooM race + Speedhack = Cheatable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
[RFA]Draxamus
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tournaments being stopped isn't an action meant to deter cheating; it's meant to stop cheaters from infiltrating tournaments. Tournaments are supposed to show who the best players are. If cheaters get in, then tournaments are a sham. Also keeping it quiet doesn't stop cheaters either, it just keeps all the legitimate players from knowing cheating exists.

And Dev is right. I'm fairly certain I've seen a cheat that allows a person to maintain sr50 speed most of the time without actually doing it. However, I'd bet most cheaters won't be very interested in entering such a tournament anyway. Just an assumption though. It COULD happen.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: