ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Song editing (help needed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Song editing (help needed) Reply with quote

Hey, I have his real good rave song and I'm mixing up a few CDs etc, and was wondering if anyone could edit a song to cut out a few words, leaving the tune un damaged. This would be VERY much appreciated, PM me or send me an e-mail, or meet me in IRC, or just simply post a reply.

Thanks in advance! :)
Bonzo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's impossible to leave it clean clean clean, but Adobe Audition (what used to be Cool Edit Pro) has a vocal remove tool which is pretty nice, but it's efficiency lies on the quality/type/etc... of the wave. If you just wanna cut the whole part, you just delete it. That takes some work, since the idea is to let the song flow along, even without the part.

There's a trial of Adobe Audition...give it a try. I can guide you through the program if you need help.
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting away vocals is a hard thing to do if there are other sounds in the music (or melodies) that go near the same frequency.

See, all you do to cut out vocals and keep the music intact is cutting out the frequency used by the vocal on those parts.
Though usually you will lose some other sounds partially as well.
That of course depending on the type of music.

And if its rave im guessing there will be a beat and a melody to it as well.

Another thing to do would be to cut out all the samples manually and recompile the song, just so you keep the beat and the melody etc.
This takes some time, but is the best approach if you want to make a music loop of just the beat or so.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'll give that adobe aud a try when i get home. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: