ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDOlympics - General Rules & Teams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: ZDOlympics - General Rules & Teams Reply with quote

Registration must be in the following format;

Team Name:
Members:

Teams are limited to a minimum of 3/4 players and a maximum of 7.

General Rules

Teams

Substitutes are allowed only if a team member has to drop out of the entire event and the substitute is coming in to replace them for the duration of the rest of the tourney.

Team swopping is not allowed, and no substitutes can be taken from another team.

Aliases are not allowed.

Games

Strict time limits will be in place for all events, extra time will not be allowed in any event. If a team does not show up, they will not be DQ, they will just recieve 0 points for that round and be out of that individual event. The team they were supposed to play against will get a bye to the next round and recieve the minimum win points.

Where one player turns up, he will recieve the points for his placing where the game allows for a missing player, the missing team member will recieve 0 points. In the event that a named team member cannot play through no fault of their own, another member of their own team may take his/her place in the event.

Events that are timed: Shooting Range, Ice Race, Strafe Race and Jump Race - do not require the opponants to be present at the time of the tourney game, however if the opponants are not there a member of the tourney admin must be present in order to verify the time for the actual game, no replays are allowed, players must state this is the actual game before joining (Tourney Admins are available in #zdtourneys on zrc). Due to this, the time limits for each round on the timed games will be shorter than for events requiring all players available at the same time.

Each event will have it's own thread started 1 week before the first round date. The members from each team playing in each event must be named on a post in the event thread together with contact details and PPT. The admin of the event will enter the details into the registration fields for the event in the order they are posted.

If a team fails to enter players names into the thread the team name will be entered, but will not be allowed to participate in the individual event. In such a case, points will be awarded the same as for a no show.

Individual rules for each event will be posted at the head of the event thread.

Demos must be recorded of each match in case of disputes

Points are awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 3 points, 3rd = 2 points, 4th = 1 point (yes being 1st overall gains an extra point).

Last edited by HumanBones on Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
JKist3
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Name: Loopy Baloony

Members:
[ke9]foof
[ke9]JKist3
Shadow Ghost
[CWA]Darkangel
[SIN]Deception
wobble kitty
pinaple cord

(wobble kitty = [SIN]DemonXP; pinaple cord = [SIN]Wrath)
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

........ Rolling Eyes
[SIN]Pride
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap Kist... Nice team therem just dont get too full of yourselves, practice practice practice!
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldve made this clear but, no posting in this thread unless you're signing up a team. Please post in the other thread.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about this guys, but unless another team signs up today the US side will be scrapped. You can either win by default (you would have quite a long wait for the euro side to end) or you can come over and join the euro ZDolympics. I'm expecting another team signing up, so yours would take it nicely to 8 and i'll close registration. Timed events you could still do on GSN if you ping better there than to DSG (some US players do some don't).

Let me know what you want to do.
HellsBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I want to put together a team, but all I have is obaya

if anyone is looking for a team contact me: Element[KE9]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if nobody signs up, we win by default and are in the finals for the overall whole thing?
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it means the whole US even will be discontinued. There arent enough teams to participate atm (actually theres only one), so it wouldnt work at all.
HellsBane
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freestyle Dominators (for now atleast Shocked )

Element[KE9]
[KE9]Nameless
[TC]Obaya
[TC]Apple
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wrath
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean that the Freestyle Dominators are our only competitors or is the whole American olympics is being scrapped?

Since nobody showed an interest in joining, may I suggest that we open up the registration for a couple more days and see what turns out? Demon and I could even get some more Sins to join for competitions sake.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They arent scrapped, but yes you two are the only teams competing. I made the brackets today and posted them in each thread Smile
Wrath
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. yeah, shorty after making this post I realized that you had already seeded the two teams. If you all would like to reconsider it all, the option of reopening registration is still there?
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the more teams the better. But right now we need two more teams to post here for me to open it up, and I would have to delete the other brackets and make new ones, and I really dont want to do that unless theres two more teams.
Wrath
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay then, I'll spread the word and see if I can gather some more guys. I don't really care if they arn't even any good, I just wanna have fun.
NaMeLeSs
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll ask around also when i get home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get my clan together, I might think about getting the whole of GD to play as a team of maybe four members.
NaMeLeSs
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... I don't think this is going to work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more teams need to be put together to up the players
excelblue
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GD has decided to go as a team under the name Gray Demons (aka GD), consisting of:

[GD]excelblue
[GD]Stef
[GD]Fred
[GD]Fyre

Maybe some other GD members are able to participate as well, but this is the list for our team for now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: