ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro map01 Xmas Special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BWolf
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: BWolf vs Draza tourney game Reply with quote

BWolf -40- vs Draza -15-. Draza is better than 15, he had severe connection problems. I'll give him a non-official rematch when his ping gets back to normal.
AutEcHre
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan vs Autechre 40 - 38 gg

Hard , tought it would be like this Smile
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf, was that. I came this nite just to watch this game and on the end i have to watch it over zd launcher by refreshing it. titan made server this way underwhat reasons i don't know...but imho tour game should have vitneses, by doing this Titan really dissapointed me, if he find specs distracting, u can always mute them. I'm really angry atm, if he does it once again, if u ask me how mad i am atm, i would kick him out of tourney, no matter is it titan or not. gg but once again shame on you titan
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournament games must be public, hope this won't repeat. semifinal match and noone can watch it, i mean...wtf!!!
BWolf
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll fully corroborate Sedlo at this point - the games must be public and it is stated somewhere in the rules. Sedlo's game was spectated by max of 6 players - and he didn't complain. First of all the tourney is not about winning, but about really spectacular games - of very tough players (whom this tourney doesn't lack). Where will it go if everybody plays closed games?! It'll be just score and stating the winner. That's it. Hope it will never happen again.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold your horses, i understand your disapointment but i dont think we can blame titan for wanting to play without any distracting elements, without reading them(i just dont have the time now) im quite sure there is no rule saying a tourney game must be open to spectators(and i apologize if im wrong), and as to muting them, thats not quite the same, you know they are there, watching every move you make, thats distracting, not the chatter as that can be muted
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sedlo there are some reasons why i have done it.

1) Many doomers dont like spec in 1on1 tourneys, it is nervous game and i have really bad experience if specs are watching, and believe me, iam not alone.

2) If my hands are shaking, iam not able to utilize the full power of my skill, so important is result, the best games are on a public (no tourney games).

If autechre wants to play during 19-23 (GMT+1) i cant play on the lap servers (200 ping - old problem is back) so autechre said that oblacek is ok...
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWolf wrote:
I'll fully corroborate Sedlo at this point - the games must be public and it is stated somewhere in the rules. Sedlo's game was spectated by max of 6 players - and he didn't complain. First of all the tourney is not about winning, but about really spectacular games - of very tough players (whom this tourney doesn't lack). Where will it go if everybody plays closed games?! It'll be just score and stating the winner. That's it. Hope it will never happen again.

but sedlo likes specs, he is trully showman, iam not...
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what I hear now there isn't any demo...I hope this won't be left alone, couse I feel that Titan made great mistake here.
AutEcHre
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't care , if they did i would say so Smile

Come to think of it , it would be an advantage if we had specs since Titan is nervous Laughing

Chat aside , it was a good game , not to campy , attractive and ,as the score says , a bit of luck 4 titan Confused

End was real tense , i suicided , killed him (39-3Cool ... then he spawned in the 'hole' and owned me with ssg .
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not up to u to decide in name of many players, this is tournament not private game for u Titan. Like every great match this one also deserved to have audiance, and that can't have anything to do with your game, except if u have something to hide out?
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again there is no rule there must be a demo provided for anyone

i acutally took the time to read the rules, there is only one regarding this dispute and it says "if possible try to get someone to spectate match."

so i guess if either side wanted someone there, they could have had them, as this wasnt requested......there you go

besides, its never save to have spectators in tourney games, there can be cheating over TS or other voice services
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Ufon, do u really agree with Titan here, I just wanted to watch the bloody match, same as b...we both watched the score under zd launcher=refresh server. Is this really a nice thing to do...U know gorup of peoples that wanted to watch it...same as probably u did...who would cheat there. Tournament games should be public couse there are great names involved in and so this matches are nice to watch.
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not attacking here Titans win in any case nor I think this match shouldn't be valid or something. I just wanna express my anger towards Titan for letting me and others who were interested missing it. From what I see in score, and what I was been able to check when refreshing that server, this game was intense as hell. I won't forget it so eazily, and I suggest Sammy to modify Tour rules considering this....noone has right to make tour game his private game.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sedlo wrote:
Come on Ufon, do u really agree with Titan here, I just wanted to watch the bloody match, same as b...we both watched the score under zd launcher=refresh server. Is this really a nice thing to do...U know gorup of peoples that wanted to watch it...same as probably u did...who would cheat there. Tournament games should be public couse there are great names involved in and so this matches are nice to watch.

yes i would have LOVED TO, but thats not the point, the point is HAS TITAN BROKEN ANY RULES, and answer to that is NO HE HAS NOT
i was only answering that part of your post, but yea, i would have loved to see that game myself.....pitty

but Sedlo, would you like to have seen the game knowing the very presence of you had an impact on the game's result ?
i know i lost many games in the past just because there was someone in the audience who i was very eager to impress, or scared to look bad in front of...so i understand titan's motives there, and im not saying this because he is my compatriot

ill try to stay out of this now
Sedlo
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well for myselfe I never had any probs with specs, no matter who there was. More specs there is more I try to make something with my game. I feel on this like on sport. And every good match have lots of specs, isn't that right. What purpose of sport would be if there's noone to watch this matches, to chear for one side, would U be satisfied with only hearing (for example)...Barcelona beated Real 3-1, what great match it was! ?
Would that be same thing as U've watched that game??

I just want this shit never again happen, if u can't handle the crowd don't play, ffs.
Arch Enemy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing what they did shows just bad ability to stand the pressure. Standing a pressure like that is also a ability that great player must have, imo. Yeah... Not to sound like an asshole, but if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
And that rule ”if possible try to get someone to spectate match”.. Well... It doesnt say: ” if both of you want, you can have someone spectate the match.”. Doesnt it say more like: ” go look for spectators, in case you dont find anyone interested, you are ok to play the game without spectators...” I hope that rule will be clarified for the future tourneys...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it says what it says, not to go looking for anyone who wants to spectate and inviting them all in - as a rule, the rule is there clearly for cases when you are not sure about the opponents credibilty, its not there for spectators enjoyment, but the players protection

as for the pressure thingie, sure, but what if you can win hard matches without spectators but not the same games with spectators, handling the ingame preasure is one thing, handling the thought of someoone watching you is something else, the duel is a match of just 2 guys, you got the map, the weapons and the game physics to deal with, thats about the list of b undaries in which a better player is and should be decided, i dont see why a player has to be able to cope with a pressure of spectators to deserve a win - like you seem to be sugesting

Last edited by ufon on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
vain
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can record demo right? And why is demo better than spectators?

ufon wrote:
besides, its never save to have spectators in tourney games, there can be cheating over TS or other voice services

Where's real problem?
Draza_Jr.
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both came on Oblaczech to play their match but I was having a match with Frd so they didn´t want to wait and so started a new server just for them... I don´t think it was intended to have no spectators... But the chance was here and so it happen. The only sad thing is the demo... Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: