ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We have been challanged! Aussie v Euro 6 v 6 CTF Tourney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
"Main line reserves:

Spacepirate
TUD
Sadastic

Back up Reserves:

Darg
Roadse
Izm"

forget me then

Sad
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution wrote:
forget me then

Its the team as it is now.. If you think you _Should_ be in the team, come to the practiserounds, and show what you got.. Razz
Tuomio
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer instinct wrote:
Evolution wrote:
forget me then

Its the team as it is now.. If you think you _Should_ be in the team, come to the practiserounds, and show what you got.. Razz

i think Main team is little bit NKtastic. 4 members from NK. Did u guys ask Titan or the others to join?
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok =P
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we did.

Titan_66 (05:04 PM) :
sorry but I dont want to participate, but if you want some
experienced players, no problem in Czech - there a lot of
strong doomers and in Europe too

Titan_66 (05:05 PM) :
I promised that if will be Thunder - I'll be there, but
against Australia sorry : ))

I also posted: I wonder why the Czech players aren't signing up.
Beran replied: 6vs6 maybe...
>>
Almost all Czech players dont like what they call "meatgames", which I totally agree with, but ok...

The fact two other skilled players were banned, also played a big part in choosing the main team.

As said before, 'quote Vampire Knight': "Id like to state now I do not choose players on favourtism
or based on a personal experience, this also means I will not discriminate against players who I don't
get on with etc and just because I am good mates with players doesnt mean I will automatically pick them"
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanna say the team looks exactly how i would pick it, i think it would be foolish of the captain not to use the best players just because they happen to be in his clan - i was hoping to see darg(edit: and tomsa) in the first back up line but at least darg can still prove himself in the test games - i guess, anyway im a bit biased here so..... Wink

Last edited by ufon on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roadse
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuomio wrote:
killer instinct wrote:
Evolution wrote:
forget me then

i think Main team is little bit NKtastic. 4 members from NK. Did u guys ask Titan or the others to join?

yea i think that this is NK clanwar..
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadse, you are allowed to think whatever you wish. As long as you know its not like that Smile

Read my previous post. And after that, maybe read again. Smile
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo: well, there are a lot of aspects why iam not going to participate. 6 vs 6 is not the main problem, thomastv has announced that he is going to end or to do a big pause (he has not enough time to play). There is possibility that we will lose our great defender from the tibeth team. Beran will be busy after 3vs3 lap tourney till the end of year. So i have not mood to participate. Maybe you saw that in our match (bad aim i had).
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep this is pretty much the response i expected, "hes only picking NK members" or "this is a NK team only". Guys, and no offense to yourselves, can you see any players that have signed up (66 not playing too) that could replace or are indeed better than the NK players i have selected? (in anyhow i would pick a majorty of them over any players, just look at their credentials)

I realise that some top players have not signed up, thats their choice, im not going to go around and beg them to play.

Like i reiterated before; i will not pick players based on friendship or "togetherness", im not like that when it comes to these situations, it just so happens i have played with these players alot and i know how they play and they know how i play, i know there skill, commitment, and knowledge of the game, can you really question that; roadse, tuomio?
This team was picked on the sole basis of winning, with the European doom community at heart, there is no favoritism.

Also: this team is not final, sorry perhaps i should have cleared that up, there still is time for change. i would like to invite edlipse and tomsa to the training session, as i apologetically forgot about them (ive been busy :/), and they indeed, like all others, will get their chance to prove themselves.

The training/recruitment session its self will take place this saturday for sure, if you cannot make it then im sorry i cant lie to you and say it wont harm your chances of either; breaking into the team or securing a place, its just the way it is, i have to stick to deadlines. However, if a substantial amount of players cannot make the time allocated to them, i will reschedule the training session for another time.

Ok, as this will be more of a "recruitment" session, then tactics and such will not be discussed in depth untill the formal "team" training session.

BTW: If you do not like the way i run, select, structure or indeed organise this team, please feel happy to leave, im sure some other player would be more than happy to take your place, if youre unhappy your friends didnt get selected/mentioned then thats tough shit, sorry, they should have contacted me/signed up on thread, i will NOT chase round after ppl, especially if i have FANATASTIC players here at my disposal.
Ragnarok
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know whether you forgot me as well, or you just thought I was not good enough to be in, but I can't/ don't want to play anymore. I don't feel like playing lately and I'm really busy. On Saturday I will be away almost the entire day (work -_- and after that I'll be going to the concert of Arcturus \m/!)

So good luck to you all, and show them some true Europower Very Happy .
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the training session will take place this saturday and will consist of four teams of three.

The teams are as follows:

Team A:
TUD
Darg
Izm

Team B:
Tomsa
Eclipse
Roadse

Team C:
Vampire
Mepth
Tuomio

Team D:
Tennie
Leo
Dragula

Note that the teams A and B are the trialists and they will be tested both on their skill as an individual and as a team. Teams C and D, and the others who arent included in the training session, are already guarenteed a place in the squad and will only be acting as scouts and anaylsts for selection purposes.

As this is only a recruitment/training session we will be playing on a euro server in the 3v3 format.

The fixtures are as follows:

A vs D

B vs C

A vs C

B vs D

A vs B

The matches will consist of TBC maps.

The first fixture will begin at 7pm (please meet in ZRC #euro) UK time and the whole session is estimated to last 2.5 - 3 hours.

To keep some relative organisation i will be managing one half of the session and Matanza will be managing the other.

Depending on server availability the fixtures system will be played simultaneously or one after another. Demos will be recorded in every match.

If you cannot make the time frame allocated please let me know so i can sort something out (hopefully)

Last edited by Vampire Knight on Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomsa_x
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really not offended as you did not mention me at first draw. In fact my sign up was more funny as someone needed some czech players Smile. There are really much better players than me Twisted Evil .

Now I am really pleased you care about all who have signed up, including me, but I have to say sorry. My computer got broken and I cant play until next thursday, when I will get a new one. This is where it starts and ends, so I will not come tomorrow, althoug I would really like to... I hold my thumbs to you guys, make europe be the best... Wink
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok since Tomsa cannot make it, i will find a replacement for tommorows session, anyone else who cannot make it please let me know now.

Dragula has pulled out as well so pirate will take his place.
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks to the people who didnt turn up and wasted my time, you will not be playing, if you cant make one meeting how do i know you will turn up for the match?

Tomsa is brought into the team, purley down to the fact that he gave a reason for his absence, while others could not even be bothered to either check the thread or contact me.

This is the final team:

Starting main sqaud
Vampire Knight
Matanza
Tennie
Tuomio
Meph
Dragula

Reserves
TUD
Spacepirate
Hawk
Sadastic
Tomsa

First practice session will be this saturday.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

missed the training session, was at birthday party
social life taking over once again.
shit ;)

Last edited by Evolution on Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ok thanks to the people who didnt turn up and wasted my time, you will not be playing, if you cant make one meeting how do i know you will turn up for the match?"

Probably why. I don't know why you weren't there, but you were told to either tell Kris, or post here if you wouldn't be able to make the time.
so yea...um...

Btw kris: you posted dragula pulled out, and space would replace him. Yet you put dragula in the startingteam?Razz

We also need to have a chat about another player. Wink
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister would't let me on, sorry... I even warned her before I needed the net badly but she'd rather talk to her chavvy friends. Crying or Very sad
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer instinct wrote:

Btw kris: you posted dragula pulled out, and space would replace him. Yet you put dragula in the startingteam?Razz

I meant for the training session pirate would be replacing Dragula not for the match.

Eclipse, izm, if you had just told me you couldnt make it in advance then there would have been np, but as you did not even alert me im sorry it would be foolish of me to put you in the squad.
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? How could I of warned you when she was already online, she wasn't suppose to be online but she was, and I couldn't exactly drag her off by her hair (as tempting as that may be).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: