ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.07.01 Bug List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: 1.07.01 Bug List Reply with quote

Post any bugs you find here.

- - - - - - -

- I get jackhammer bug on some maps (map01 noticably) when spawning on a flat surface.

- Something weird happens when in display options if you start from the bottom and work up, after brightness the options dissappear.

This ones more a request but could the new style freelook have an option to be turned off? It feels weird going into a game after floating around :)

Other than that nice job, the player names in CTF rock.
Lemonzest
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from history-107-108.txt

8. Fixed some 1st/3rd view problems while viewing demos.

I think the above fix should only apply when viewing demo's because when playing co-op mode it defaults to chase mode (behind the character) and you have to type chase in the console to fix it. but then when you co-op spy someone its the 1st person view with no view bob and no weapon animation. so could the old behaviour return and this fix only when playing demo's?
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.07.01 Bug List Reply with quote

Rat-Arsed wrote:
Post any bugs you find here.

- - - - - - -

- I get jackhammer bug on some maps (map01 noticably) when spawning on a flat surface.

Also for teleports.
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny how i dont remember any bug threads for when 1.06 released.
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be blunt. Shut your mouth. There were loads of bugs in 1.06 that were unresolved, we're doing the dev team a favour by actually reporting any new bugs we notice, what the hell are you doing? (Rhetorical question in case you wanted a flame war)
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat-Arsed wrote:
I get jackhammer bug on some maps (map01 noticably) when spawning on a flat surface
izm_ wrote:
Also for teleports.
From the changelog:
Quote:
16. Implemented a fix for the jackhammer bug (view violently shaking as you stand still on stairs) that also produces smoother movement for higher pings. The fix is not 100% finished (there is something else related on the server and we're looking into it), but we feel that even this partial fix is worthwhile. If you dislike its side effects (there are some relatively small anomalies as you come out of teleports), you can type "cl_floorfix 0" in the client console to disable it.
These are the side effects it's talking about. You see now why we say it's not 100% ? you decide if you want to use it or not.

Rat-Arsed wrote:
Something weird happens when in display options if you start from the bottom and work up, after brightness the options dissappear.
This has been there since before I joined ZDaemon. I know it, and it's on the to-do list. Just not something really urgent since it doesn't crash you or anything.

Lemonzest wrote:
8. Fixed some 1st/3rd view problems while viewing demos.

I think the above fix should only apply when viewing demo's because when playing co-op mode it defaults to chase mode (behind the character) and you have to type chase in the console to fix it. but then when you co-op spy someone its the 1st person view with no view bob and no weapon animation. so could the old behaviour return and this fix only when playing demo's?
People will encounter this ONLY if they delete zdoom.ini AND play coop. Even then, once they issue the "chase" command (or hit the button associated with it), it's gone and it stays gone; so it's not like something that you have to do all the time; therefore I don't consider it a problem at all. And seriously, please stop nitpicking and report real problems. Otherwise, don't be surprised if nitpicking posts get ignored.

Rat-Arsed wrote:
This ones more a request but could the new style freelook have an option to be turned off? It feels weird going into a game after floating around
Give it a few days and I bet that you won't even want to see the old way again Smile
Slasher
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I dont really know how to explain this, so i'd rather ask others..
has anyone noticed how bfg traces act kinda weird with unlagged? I also noticed swingshots r0xor the big111 now? Razz
killingblair
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a couple of bugs. Smile

• If I am shooting a weapon, whilist getting a new weapon, the weapon I am currently shooting will be 'lagged' and shoot off-queue.

• Autoaim seems to be useless in high-ping situations, though this may just be me.

Smile
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont wanna come across offensive of anything.. but was it so much to ask for spectator movement to be the same as player movement?

A lot of ppl been wanting it for a long time.

The current one even throws my movement off in the beginning of a match. =\
Danni
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slasher wrote:
well I dont really know how to explain this, so i'd rather ask others..
has anyone noticed how bfg traces act kinda weird with unlagged? I also noticed swingshots r0xor the big111 now? Razz

BFG is a projectile weapon and is not "unlagged". Not to say we can't, it would just require some funky math.

Swing shots with the SSG will be more accurate on an unlagged server, you will not need to stop short of the player like normal. Like wise for all hitscan (instant hit) weapons.

Since my next area of study (i hope) will be client interpolation, I may attempt to create a more clean method of breaking the 35 framerate limit.
Danni
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killingblair wrote:

• Autoaim seems to be useless in high-ping situations, though this may just be me.

Smile

Hmmmm, you playing on an unlagged 1.07.1 server?
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask, has the unlagged code been modified since June, other than updating it to the 1.07 codebase?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
killingblair
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danni wrote:
killingblair wrote:

Smile

Hmmmm, you playing on an unlagged 1.07.1 server?
It was in Oblack CTF about 11:00 AM EST today. I'm not sure if it was unlagged. Smile
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about being the fag...

anyway, i'll do just as said, and contribute.

well, its nothing new but i doubt ive experienced anything but jackhammer glitch. i got it tonight. on a dwango5, same area everytime tho, weird.
Danni
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r wrote:
I have to ask, has the unlagged code been modified since June, other than updating it to the 1.07 codebase?

Version 1.07.1 is the first public version to have the lag compensation aka "unlagged" in the server. Code was changed significantly, Kilgore added some nice optimizations and the math was also corrected.

Straight 1.07 contained updated client prediction which fixed a bug where z movements were not predicted correctly.
Da_maniaC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r wrote:

Dont tell me it felt the same to you?

Cause if so.. you better check with the old version or revert to AUS servers only. =P

Seriously... i was playing with an almost constant 300 ping yesterday and it was almost as enjoyable as with low latency.....

Nice work guys.

--

PS.:

Kilgore; i still think the Sound Options have to become a seperate menu. Razz
(you can even add some more functions in the options menu that way rather then to keep them console variables only).
Functions such as; Selecting your midi device and all.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_maniaC wrote:
Kilgore; i still think the Sound Options have to become a seperate menu.
(you can even add some more functions in the options menu that way rather then to keep them console variables only).
Functions such as; Selecting your midi device and all
It's coming in 1.07.02 along with other sound fixes.

Da_maniaC wrote:
but was it so much to ask for spectator movement to be the same as player movement?
If I understand you correctly, you wanted it so you can warm up before a game. I tried to do it, but ran into some problems: namely that spectators are always unlagged and even if I set gravity to normal, your movement would not be the movement of the real player (it would be the same movement as in SP). It is possible to fix that too, but all those fixes will take some time. Given also that I had many more requests for a flying spectator mode than a normal-gravity mode, and also the fact that the flying mode was easier to implement, that's why the flying mode was done in 1.07.01. Don't get offended man: I think you know we're trying the best we can.
Da_maniaC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know, and i wasnt trying to offend ppl either. Smile

I understand it would be harder, but i also remember we discussed the possibilities of several optional spectator movement options/modes a while ago.

Maybe that would be the way to go.

Too bad its hard to get the movement right though.

Oh and about the sound menu.... nice. Smile
spyro_boy
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I found a big bug!

it's not supported on linux Very Happy
AutEcHre
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs happening on map1

1. Try firing BFg then pickup chaingun ....u lose the shot or missfire it complety.Also works with various other weapons.
2. ROckets , when they seem to hit the wall hit the person on corners.
Reproduce : Stand in plasma coridor , at the edge , looking at the blue room entrance . Other player stands on the blue room entrance in the right corner from your point of view . Shot to rocket like u gonna shot him but hit the left wall while he stands at the right in the entrance of the blue room.The rockets hits the left corner and the player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: