ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok seriously (Raider/Samiam/anyone else with admin status)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Ok seriously (Raider/Samiam/anyone else with admin status) Reply with quote

Why the hell is the June Australian Tournament not visable on the tournament list? The tournament is finished, yet it is nowhere to be publically seen.

EDIT: The April tournament is not visable either, and I plan to sort out that tournament ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I asked for Raider to clean off dead tournaments off the list. Tourneys can go over by 2 weeks max, 5 months of no activity I call dead, and the June one, apart from it being well over the time, there was a guy in the final who hadn't played a single match, plus of course no activity for ages......... dead tourneys needed deleting, they were deleted.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
and the June one, apart from it being well over the time, there was a guy in the final who hadn't played a single match
You're mixing up the two tournaments. The one you're referring to is the April tournament.
Samiam wrote:
they were deleted.
They are not deleted though. They're still accessible if you put in the ID number. Those links I posted in the original post certainly work for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise they were still on there somewhere, I guess the June one can go back up seeing as it is now finished. April is well past it's sell by date I really wouldn't bother with that one, concentrate on current ones. 5 weeks with no activity in a tournament and well past the final date to be honest I'd just write off as a failed event, they were taken off with the other unfinished ones, you have to draw a line somewhere and move on.

I have the same with the Oblaczech ctf tourney atm, 2 matches left to play, team members on holiday and a server still being tied up for it, none of the teams want to bring in subs for the final tough rounds. I'll be out trying my hardest to get those finals played this weekend, if I fail I'll draw the line as people are wanting the next one open for registration.
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, this just makes me vomit. -_-

Fall/Winter/Spring - School
Summer - Vacation

There's no true times tournaments can be played, is there? Rolling Eyes
Nitus
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tournament in a region with a relatively small player base can be expected to drag on.

The solution is to add a rule where if a match is idle for a certain period of time the participants forfiet automatically. However it has to be a longer period of time for smaller tourneys like the aussie and czech tourneys.

As for the April tourney, the winner based on stats was JiveTurkey. His FGI was 2.0 - since his APF was 1.0, the FGI is his frag ratio. 3 matches, 3 wins, 150 frags to 75 deaths. Also the highest AFD in the tourney - 25.
niv
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that the APRIL and JUNE tourneys are still being played and talked about in DECEMBER. Two weeks over should be the limit, period.
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how skulltag run their tourneys. >_>

They just do it in one day. *gets shot for mentioning Skulltag in here*
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need really to bump this after 4 months, those games were either played or brackets deleted, I'm not going to check Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: