ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big changes to USA Doom2.net servers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Big changes to USA Doom2.net servers Reply with quote

The details are here:

http://www.doom2.net/~forum/viewtopic.php?p=61

and also, if anyone wants to continue the thread about Natural and Devastation's supposed-to-happen game, I started a thread about that here:

http://www.doom2.net/~forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

--BahdKo
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why why why forced weaponswitch Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

However much you hate it, neverswitch is a part of ctf just like freelook and jumping are. It has it's own set of tactics just like battles with forced weaponswitch do, why take away our choice and force your tactics on us? All the other servers have kept it because they know a lot of people use it, why the difference here? You'd be among the first to complain if a major 1-on-1 server provider suddenly put freelook or jumping onto all of it's dwango servers, this is exactly the equivalent thing that you're doing in ctf. (ie. introducing a setting that doesn't belong)

I know that it's up to you to put whatever you want on the servers, but please bear in mind that they are the main US ctf servers now, and as a result should offer everyone the choice to use what settings they wish (which is how ctf has always been). If instead you're using that position to force us all to use a particular tactic/setting (that a lot of people don't like) based on your own personal views, then I'm beginning to worry about the direction that 1.07 is taking the community.

It's nothing personal and I don't mean it to be like that, but I'm trying to speak out for those who do use neverswitch a lot and would suffer quite a bit if they were forced to play ctf without it.

(and I apologise for losing my rag earlier, but this whole 1.07 dmflag situation has incensed me an awful lot because, despite it's noble intention of giving both sides of the community what they want, it's ultimately failed that and instead has allowed hardliners who want everyone to play like them to get their wish at the expense of everyone else)

Last edited by The Ultimate DooMer on Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* advertising! *cough* .. kidding.. anyway.. you should change that from "details here" to "description here, cause I'm a tease" :)
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO TIMELIMIT IN CTF?!

that's perhaps more absurd than oldschool settings, especially on map06 and map10. I'm sure it was just a mistake, but if you could fix that one final thing, that would be amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollum wrote:
NO TIMELIMIT IN CTF?!

that's perhaps more absurd than oldschool settings, especially on map06 and map10. I'm sure it was just a mistake, but if you could fix that one final thing, that would be amazing.

At least there's no fraglimit Laughing
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was after about 50 minutes on that godawful map "Cursed". Notice the people who dropped out mid-game because they were sick of playing it.
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollum wrote:
NO TIMELIMIT IN CTF?!

that was an oopsie... actually i will change it down from 30 to 15 now, 15 is what I initiallt thought was best and now I got feedback from Dev on it that yes it was the case. Someone who was around at the time said 30 so i was like eh ok i'll set it and we'll see.

--BahdKo
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You listened to newb-*gets blown up*
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eww, I keep seeing that scoreboard, it's too ugly. Crying or Very sad
spacepirate
AssPants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izm_ wrote:
Eww, I keep seeing that scoreboard, it's too ugly. Crying or Very sad

Ah well at least you see the capitals.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eww, I keep seeing that scoreboard, it's too ugly
You're entitled to your opinion. And so are other people...
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And without being called retarded too. Mad
LordBritish
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to me to bitch about something that is already excellent, but, is a player limit possibly in the making? Gets kinda crowded sometimes ( e.g. 6 on 7 ). I dunno, I'm just picky.
Blas
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
Why why why forced weaponswitch Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

However much you hate it, neverswitch is a part of ctf just like freelook and jumping are. It has it's own set of tactics just like battles with forced weaponswitch do, why take away our choice and force your tactics on us? All the other servers have kept it because they know a lot of people use it, why the difference here? You'd be among the first to complain if a major 1-on-1 server provider suddenly put freelook or jumping onto all of it's dwango servers, this is exactly the equivalent thing that you're doing in ctf. (ie. introducing a setting that doesn't belong)

I know that it's up to you to put whatever you want on the servers, but please bear in mind that they are the main US ctf servers now, and as a result should offer everyone the choice to use what settings they wish (which is how ctf has always been). If instead you're using that position to force us all to use a particular tactic/setting (that a lot of people don't like) based on your own personal views, then I'm beginning to worry about the direction that 1.07 is taking the community.

It's nothing personal and I don't mean it to be like that, but I'm trying to speak out for those who do use neverswitch a lot and would suffer quite a bit if they were forced to play ctf without it.

(and I apologise for losing my rag earlier, but this whole 1.07 dmflag situation has incensed me an awful lot because, despite it's noble intention of giving both sides of the community what they want, it's ultimately failed that and instead has allowed hardliners who want everyone to play like them to get their wish at the expense of everyone else)

Well said, you took the words right out of my mouth. I have been using neverswitchonpickup forever and I feel cheated now that it has been taken away from me. I agree that it should be a server side option, but because of this, there is no longer an option of me and countless others being able to use what we have always been using.

If someone doesn't want to jump on a server that allows jumping, they have the option of not jumping. If someone doesn't want to freelook on a server that allows freelook, they have the option of not freelooking. If someone doesn't want to switch weapons on a server that allows switching on pickup, they should have the option of not switching. As far as I know, freelook and jumping were added because they are logical and common in modern FPS games, as is the option to not switch weapons on pickup.

As I stated earlier, I am all for the server side option to disable the option to switch or not switch on pickup, but these servers are virtually the only active U.S. CTF servers, and I and many others genuinely feel that we are being screwed over by having this option forced upon us, therefor taking away our option of whether to use it or not.

So please, add the option to not switch on pickup back on these servers, everything else seems great so far and you're doing a find job, but this one little tidbit is a major issue to a lot of people.
Nsyncfan
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no weaponswitch is for noobs that suck to bad not to run over the guns....its ruins alot of good action like for instance noobs on map one grab the chaingun alot and on man other maps like dweller and judas it makes it easier for the noobs to not suck as bad as they should....i mean cum on why should you be able to grab the bfg in judas and then shoot me with an ssg Smile.
IF YOU DO NOT LIKE HER SETTINGS,DO NOT PLAY ON HER SERVERS!!!BECUASE SHE IS FORCING YOU TO DO NOTHING. BTW THANK YOU BAHDKO FOR LETTING US PLAY ON YOUR SERVERS.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea...what sync said
switcher
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one am getting tired of joining servers first and finding out the OS/NS settings later (bad habit I have).
Since OS settings are mandatory and NS settings are not even an option on OS servers, but OS settings are an option on many NS servers, I'm going to change the few NS settings I use back to OS.
Well, to be precise, I'm losing neverswitch and crosshair.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nsyncfan wrote:
no weaponswitch is for noobs that suck to bad not to run over the guns...

ccarnage wrote:
yea...what sync said

That's precisely the sort of attitude that's dragging this community down. Evil or Very Mad

It was that sort of fundamentalist attitude that started this whole process off (with this thread) and if it carries on then 1.08 will be a doom2.exe clone and a lot of the community will feel cheated and leave.
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
a lot of the community will feel cheated and leave.

Or perhaps mouselook/crosshair/jump will be further promoted, and a lot of the community will stay and cheat...we all of course kno that it is this that will become the fate of 1.08.
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why it matters so much to you and others is beyond me, after all you have your classic 1on1 with doom2.exe settings....why bother about, and try to influence what the rest of us play? I'm a newschool CTF player but I certainly don't mind you having doom2.exe stuff for classic 1on1, as long as it's not forced on CTF without any of us having a say. You and some others seem to want doom2.exe settings on all game modes in all servers, which is simply unacceptable in a big community with a big variety of skills, strategies and styles of play. (even if some of those originated from bugs or mistakes in earlier versions)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: