ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Australian Open Tournament July
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Australian Open Tournament July Reply with quote

Australian Open Tourney July is now open for registration, Click here to register.

Rules

- You must reply to the verification E-Mail sent to you or your place will be re-opened for someone else. This is the first stage in making sure you turn up for your match.

- If you fail to turn up for your game you will be banned from the current Tourney and next months Tourney. Only sign up if you're sure you can play, we will not tolerate no-shows.

- You must contact your opponent A.s.a.p after you find out who they are and arrange a time to play. If you miss your match and the other player turns up, the above rule applies. If neither player turns up, the above rule also applies.

- Post your scores in the forum or E-Mail them to the Tournament moderator.

- Be sure to post in the forums at least once every round. If your match doesn't get played for whatever reason, then I have no record of what extent both of you tried to contact the other. The result will be a double DQ.

- It is highly recommended that you include a messenger service as well as email. They're free to get, and they will increase your chances of playing your matches greatly.

- You may only join one tournament at a time (this does not include any special tourneys or the Pro tourney). This will ensure there are more slots open for other players.

- Rematches are no longer allowed, if you have a problem during your match speak to your apponent to arrange another time as soon as the problem becomes apparent.

- Tourney admin must be notified before the end of a round if extra time for playing your match is needed, failure to do so can result in DQ.

- Aliases are no longer allowed. If you have more than one nickname and it is used on a regular basis that's ok, a new nickname purely for the tourney will get you DQ.

Dates

Round 1: 7/1/05 - 7/6/05
Round 2: 7/7/05 - 7/12/05
Round 3: 7/13/05 - 7/18/05
Semi-Finals: 7/19/05 - 7/24/05
Final: 7/25/05 - 7/30/05
Registration for August Tourneys: 7/25/05 - 7/31/05

Level: terraces1b.wad Map01

Players: 16

Tournament Admin is deathz0r. Good luck all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scave
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to offend the terraces author with this post because it's a solid map but I think it certainly has some problems which make it unsuitable for use in a tournament.

It is simply far too easy to camp on the highest ledge. There's only two access points to it, both of which can be guarded with ease. In a 3 player game this wouldn't be an issue however, in a 1v1 tournament, the player in front has a huge incentive to sit on the highest ledge and spam rockets towards the appropriate entry. This makes for a boring and tedious match that I'd hate to play let alone spectate.

So, who chose the map? Smile
Hel_master
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm agreeing with Scave on this one (in fact I said it first Razz ). I feel this map doesn't work well as a 1v1. The camping thing does become an issue, I've found you end up with one player sitting up the top and one down the bottom waiting for either to move. The other thing is that the BFG is only avalible through spawn. I feel with a tourney map that this element of chance is best left out. This map just gets a bit slow and bogged down on a 1v1. With three or more it becomes fast, furious and preety good fun but playing it as a 1v1 just doesn't work as well.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scave wrote:
So, who chose the map? Smile
HumanBones did, not I!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jstb4udie
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would just point this out, the link on the Zdaemon homepage to register in the Aus tournament points to the US open registrations
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jstb4udie wrote:
Thought I would just point this out, the link on the Zdaemon homepage to register in the Aus tournament points to the US open registrations
Oopsies, it's fixed.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Aussie named Hunter has signed up for the Euro Open, I've emailed him to ask if he wants to enter this instead, do you want to copy his details across deathz0r, so I can free that slot asap.

Thanks Smile

[added] Ok he replied and said yes, I'll email him the details of where to sign up and where this thread is.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, not a problem.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registration is now closed, Round 1 has begun!
[AD]m0rgZ
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo its krayz, if its koo, i wuld like to sign up.:S
m0fug, and my email addy tis cypress_hill_2pac@hotmail
cheers, the more da marrier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The registration is closed completely, unless you can somehow fill up the bottom half entirely.
MFDOOM
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me leet me destroy all robots
jstb4udie
Spamming!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost forgot to post this!! Hurricane an I played our match, I won 50-7
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brackets updated!
phorexia
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Ephermal played our match. Result was 50-15 my way. Good game Ephermal! Jstb4udie hosted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheMessiah
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phorexia wrote:
Me and Ephermal played our match. Result was 50-15 my way. Good game Ephermal! Jstb4udie hosted.

lol...yeh good game buddie....man you gotta start spelling 'ephemeral' rite Razz

good luck to jst and phor in your semi-final Very Happy
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r - 50
Leatha_Face - 48

Brackets updated.
jay
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay = 50
Hunterj = 43

HunterJ was the biggest teleport camper i have ever seen and and with my ping i only just one.

Jst hosted (thanks bro!)

JAY
TheMessiah
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay wrote:
Jay = 50
Hunterj = 43

HunterJ was the biggest teleport camper i have ever seen and and with my ping i only just one.

Jst hosted (thanks bro!)

JAY

haha then dont use the teleports next time if you know someone is camping there Razz good work jay Very Happy
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brackets updated, round two has begun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Oceanic Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: