ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

be kind i'm bored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: be kind i'm bored Reply with quote

Being that I'm extremely bored with this wad i'm building, I'ma throw this one out there for all the vultures. Some of the maps took me a while to build because I was learning in the process, and I am still learning.

neways, this thing is just kinda wieghing me down so i'ma hand it over...

http://www.freewebs.com/bwidger/wads.htm

...be kind. Rolling Eyes
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you give us a bit more info, ie map numbers and if it's ffa, 1 on 1 etc?
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of unclosed sectors, no items at all and some maps dont even have start. Dont think it will succeded. I like maps08 geometry but in general - u have to finish maps before submit to review. That is my poin.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm why not just work on finishing a couple of the best or even one and submit that for review instead? You could then go back to the others with more ideas to improve and finish them.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I just wanted to get rid of this wad is all. Next time I'll make sure it's complete, and I'll also add the details.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured i'd have a quick look at this, if you are sick of working on it, I'd be tempted to put map 06, 08 and 09 into a wad plus maybe map 04 which just needs a bit more work to get rid of the hom I spotted on one lift, then relase it as a 4 map FFA wad. The maps are all very different and those four look like it wouldn't take much to get them completed if anything at all, just a final check for errors on most, a bit of play testing with the right number of players just to check on weapons, ammo and health, and they'll be fit to go Smile

If these are some of the first maps you've done, I have to say nice job, it looks like a lot of work has gone into them. map02 also looks like it will be good too but that needs a bit more work to get finished, some textures aren't aligned and some don't match, you also need some detail to break up the brick imo, some of the detailing you have done is hard to spot due to it all being the same texture used. There are also some errors that need fixing.

I'm not a mapper btw (just very slowly learning how to do stuff), this is just my opinion on what I've seen Smile
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you. this is my first wad, and yes some maps took some time to build.

i would actually perfer someone take the maps and combine them. that way i know i just didnt do all of them for nothing. the last map i was working on was map 09 i think.
next wad i come out with is gunna be supurb. i am very picky about detail so it'll be a long time in the making especially since i'm hardly home anymore. from making this first wad i've realized the importance of "space" and gameplay within the maps. garentee next wad i make will at least be a 9 rating.

sure have fun with any map in that wad. i'd be satisfied to know they are actually being modified.

-bwidger
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.

i might take those maps which you've mentioned and add them to my new wad i'm creating.... map 6 took a very very very very long time to do because i had to learn bridges and a whole bunch of crap. so just for that repsect, they might show up on an upcoming wad that i'll create later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: