ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drown in Blood
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Drown in Blood Reply with quote

It was a TOKEs big idea to make a map, wich overwhelming of monsters. TimeOfDeath, me and Doom_trooper decidet to make a wad with the same concept. As everyone can see it is popular on Zdaemon. I tryed to mix action with details in most of my map. It is not yet finishet but it needs a review.

Also i need to say many thanks to Hobomaster22 for his onsl2 map with alot of new textures and sounds wich i used to make my own maps.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't already have this wad you can get the current version here http://raider.dnsalias.com:8001/doom/userwads/dietest10.zip

This is also already hosted on GSN #12

My daughter loves this btw, not as much as Tokes coop, but it's her second favorite coop Smile
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:

.....My daughter loves this btw, not as much as Tokes coop, but it's her second favorite coop Smile
He he
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of who did which map:

MAP01 - TimeOfDeath
MAP02 - AK-01
MAP03 - TimeOfDeath
MAP04 - TimeOfDeath
MAP05 - TimeOfDeath
MAP06 - AK-01
MAP07 - AK-01
MAP08 - AK-01
MAP09 - TimeOfDeath
MAP10 - AK-01
MAP11 - AK-01
MAP12 - Doom_Trooper
MAP13 - Doom_Trooper
MAP14 - Doom_Trooper
MAP15 - Doom_Trooper
MAP16 - Doom_Trooper
MAP17 - Doom_Trooper
MAP18 - AK-01

And I must say that Toke's Coop wad is very influtential for me, since that's pretty much all I play on Zdaemon ever since those first coopbuild tests were put online months ago. It's what got me into mapping. Without his wad, this wad surely wouldn't exist.

And also, I must give many thanks to HC-Marine and GSN for hosting this wad on a reliable server. Thanks!

As for the wad, I personally like AK's and Doom_Trooper's maps the most. They've been working hard on them and it's been great seeing their progress. They have more detail in their maps than I do, and have far less errors too Embarassed Very Happy
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeOfDeath wrote:
Here's a list of who did which map:

And I must say that Toke's Coop wad is very influtential for me, since that's pretty much all I play on Zdaemon ever since those first coopbuild tests were put online months ago. It's what got me into mapping. Without his wad, this wad surely wouldn't exist.

Thats true. That was amazing IDEA. When i first time joined Zdaemon i saw Toke`s coop and i thought "If only i was mapper... then i build same...." now i become a mapper. I build the same Smile Not the same maps - just a same idea.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being very sick and not having the time to go through and throughly look through this, Im reviewing off the maps I have already played in coop:

Gameplay: Holy cow! I have had countless hours of fun on these maps! It seems like no 2 games are the same. I have found the diffuculty in this to be harder than tokes. I cant find any reason to hate the funness of this set.

Graphics/Detail: Some of the detail I have seen in these maps are some of the best I have ever seen! I enjoy all of the detail I see. I have found parts where there are missing textures, thats a minor fix. Also, some of the easter eggs (Hobomaster's Sig in MAP08) are pretty cool too.

Music/Sound: Keep it up, Great music and Great Sound, nothing bad to say here

Gameplay: 9/10
Graphics: 8/10
Music: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10 Keep up the excellent maps
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u lockwolf - it is a great review Smile I will keep working on DrownInBlood and i hope soon we will se a full MapPack with no bugs and full of fun gameplay Wink I hope TimeOfDeath and Doom_trooper will not give it up too!
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: there is someone hosting your wad on like 30 servers, its kinda funny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
killingblair
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see that too? I guess the #ZDaemon ers were joking with me
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Update needs hosting. Reply with quote

Since we still do not have any possibilaty to upload our wad to GSN hosting we have to ask someone who can do update GSN#12 with new wad. Hers link to it http://iddqd.ru/upload/Dietest12.zip
TimeOfDeath
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there's been difficulty accessing GSN due to that aim-bot controversy, which is why the server hasn't been updated.
Here's the newest link: http://timeofdeath.net/Dietest13.zip

A new map (map19) by AK-01 has been added (it's a coop version of his EEC map), new map names for Doom_Trooper's maps, new caco carcasses, and I've made some changes to map01.

Thanks for the review lockwolf! I think some things should have been criticized, though (like the lack of detail in my maps). I still haven't fully completed a map yet. When the wad is done and no more changes will be made, I will make sure my maps are more detailed and actually complete.

Good to hear you're still going to work on this wad, AK Smile. Doom_Trooper is continuing work on his maps (he has a couple in progress at the moment, one is close to being finished) and after many months of being a lazy good-for-nothing bum I have started working on my maps also. So hopefully in another few months we will be closer to finishing the wad.

30 servers? Yeah, that is funny heh.
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think map19 is just suck. It is too easy for 16 ppl. Ill begin to work on smth. new to replace map19 soon.
lockwolf
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like the map19 in dietest10, i think its the abaonend installation with the box with the large ammount of megaspheres. some of the cybers when looking over the broken bridge are kinda hard to hit due to spacing
Vkamicht
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome wad. I usually play it very early in the morning. Add more teleporters, because telefragging is fun.

By the way, the GSN server hosting this has the check mark. Does that mean all my deaths get added to the stats?
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vkamicht wrote:
Awesome wad. I usually play it very early in the morning. Add more teleporters, because telefragging is fun.

By the way, the GSN server hosting this has the check mark. Does that mean all my deaths get added to the stats?
Nope. It is for DM only
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
If you don't already have this wad you can get the current version here http://raider.dnsalias.com:8001/doom/userwads/dietest10.zip

This is also already hosted on GSN #12

My daughter loves this btw, not as much as Tokes coop, but it's her second favorite coop Smile

Only i hate in TOKE coop is mapnames.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest version uploaded to http://raider.dnsalias.com:8001/doom/userwads/dietest13.zip
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviewed. Great work so far!

http://www.zdaemon.org/wadreview/?RecordID=111
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review Exl. Thanks Wink
AK-01
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What heppened with GSN#12 ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: