ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vitalaim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Vitalaim Reply with quote

Yo fellas, this is a wad with fuck knows I forgot how many maps are in it, 8 I think, anyway I made this a year or two ago over the course of a year on and off.

It's a fat bastard, weighing in over 7MB Zipped, thanks to some of the music I put in it, please fuck off if you are going to moan, I ain't going to strip it as it'll take away the wads character. If you don't like the huge size, don't download it, simple.

The two last maps were actually already reviewed, the last one, "visable" (NOT visible, I can spell, it's called VISABLE) was reviewed by EarthQuake who liked it's layout but hated it's cheesy sounds. He said he liked the feeling of how it made him feel very high in the air, so I built on that and added some background to give it a "city" feel with a nice mp3 wind song, it's simple but works quite well.

However most of the maps are a bit too cramped and don't really work in some areas, which is the main reason I kept this locked away with little release, but I thought I'd share it with you as it IS complete, so at least that's something.

Download
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is kinda neat. I noticed how some levels were actually "visible" from other levels, which makes the maps feel more connected and consistent. For the most part, I really like your mapping style. Sometimes I think you might have a little too much going on in some of your maps, but they are pretty deserving of play nonetheless. I think map01 was probably favorite in terms of style points. It was kinda cramped though, but I can't really judge it's gameplay without playing it. Map03 was probably my least favorite, as it's cramped and dark and would be pretty confusing if alot of people were present.

Pretty good effort man.
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here's someone i didn't expect to see posting stuff in here Smile

glad you finally made v12 public man. dunno what you tweaked but 11 was pretty damn fine as it was. i think one of the maps is a little cramped and i'm pretty sure i can't play Visable to save my life but the rest is generally great for duels or FFA.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Vitalaim Reply with quote

Englander wrote:
He said he liked the feeling of how it made him feel very high in the air...

Yeah man, gotta love that feeling ;D
Thadeuss
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the map you showed me years ago Eng, then it kicks ass. You definitly should be making 1on1 maps as there are few who know 1on1 gameplay dynamics more than you.

*off to investigate*
Stealth
Gone with the wind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds interesting, and I'm frustrated I've not been able to have a look at it yet, though will do so tomorrow Smile Anyway..

[THE] Red Devils #12 | ZDReview - Vitalaim

Remind me tomorrow what you want done as far as settings and shit go. Currently it's newschool settings, I apologise if this is not what you want Cool and on 6-player Deathmatch. maplist 01-08, yet I'll have a more detailed look at it tomorrow. You seemed to have impressed others here, looking forward to seeing it for myself Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Consigliori
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played vitalaim kinda by accident a month or two ago, there was an L@P DM server up and running with a few people in it so i joined. I was surprised to see the wad wad yours i didn't know you were a mapper. I can't remember map numbers but some of them really kicked ass. I'll definitely play it more often if people GET IN THE DAMN SERVERS!!!

Great stuff, hope to see some more Smile
Cybershark
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REVIEWED N'STUFF Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: