ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Shows

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: No Shows Reply with quote

Yea, I agrees that no shows are a bitch.... I didn't get into any tourney this month because half these losers sign up then dont even show... That, in turn, takes a spot away from someone like me that shows up for every match....

We might need some kind of policy to help get around this more haha....
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote

Meant to post this under INT April Forum, but this somehow ended up in the general part.... Sorry
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it makes you feel better i'll play you just for perks since my match is not responding
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: No Shows Reply with quote

DemonChildXP wrote:
Yea, I agrees that no shows are a bitch.... I didn't get into any tourney this month because half these losers sign up then dont even show... That, in turn, takes a spot away from someone like me that shows up for every match....

We do out best to weed them out, but what you should do is put your name on the thread as a reserve entrant if the sign up is full. That way if anyone is taken out, or if there is a no show in the first round, and the admin knows you will get your game in fast, you can be added into the tourney. We would much rather have matches played than not.
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I tried to contact Bones and fill one of the slots, but I think that was too late....

I will start doing that if I cant get in.... I wasn't criticizing any of the admins or anything.... Just the slackers who sign up then never show... wanted to make that clear Smile

but good idea... I'll do that next time... Good luck to the rest who show up in the Tourney....

and Fred... I'll play ya anytime ya want Wink.... Just IM me at Nesman90 or email me at the same thing @aol.com
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh yea... Ummm.... I'll take Doomites place!!!!

LOL
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be on this weekend all day. since i know i won't win next round, i might just let you take my place if that's allowed.
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: No Shows Reply with quote

DemonChildXP wrote:

Big werd up.
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking of a better way to prevent this, hopefully I'll use it next month or in June.
Fred512
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn noobs that don't show up...
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred512 wrote:
damn noobs that don't show up...

Yep its the most frustrating thing ever, i like to play my matches real quick and if youve got a noob who aint responding, youve got to wait until the end of the round so they can get DQ Mad

I must admit though, sam has done a good job in the euro tourney theres no where near as many no-shows as there were before, but of course youre bound to get the odd loser no show who spoils it for the rest who could play.

Just keep at it Demonchild Wink
DemonChildXP
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when May signups start? I'm going to do it quick enough this time hopefully....

I do see the Euro tourney being good about that.... It's tough to monitor who exactly will show up and who dont.... I saw Bones said he has some ideas to try, so it may become improved over time...

I have some myself... Some verification process like you must post on the board to confirm your identity or something ya know....

I'm sure in the future it will get improved as all things do.... Good luck to [SIN]Wrath in the INT finals.... His first tourney... Great job man Smile
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signups start on the 25th of each month.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> USA Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: