ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Pro Tourney Map? You decide :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which would you like to play next?
Dwango 5, Map07
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
Judas23_, Map23
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Dwango 6, Map01
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
Dweller2, Map11
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Next Pro Tourney Map? You decide :) Reply with quote

For now I'm going to stick to a Pro Tourney every other month, meaning 6 a year on the classic maps. We've had map01 and D5 map01 already, so I thought I would put the rest in a poll and let the players decide which they would like to play next Smile

If there are any classic maps you think should be included in the poll let me know Smile
Isus_in_black.
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted D5m7 since Judas is overplayed, and all the rest are underplayed Smile
Besides its a pure SSG and movement map so its quite a good test of skill.
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D6M1 is definetly cool as well.
Vampire Knight
Spamming!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted D6 map01, because i feel like my form on D5 map07 would disgrace the community.
Isus_in_black.
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comon people vote, Sedlo where are you dude Smile You gotta vote man
Vampire Knight
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Pro Tourney Map? You decide :) Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
For now I'm going to stick to a Pro Tourney every other month, meaning 6 a year on the classic maps. We've had map01 and D5 map01 already, so I thought I would put the rest in a poll and let the players decide which they would like to play next Smile

If there are any classic maps you think should be included in the poll let me know Smile

When does the poll end?
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let it run for a couple of weeks, then it would give me time to arrange a server if need be. Though I'm pretty worried about there being no L@P tournament servers up atm Confused
HumanBones
Boner!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted because I thought I might play..thats ok right? Razz
cSc
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is MT1 a classic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wassup
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D6m1!
Vampire Knight
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have established that D6 map01 is the winner.
cSc
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a tie between map 1 & 7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HellSpawn101
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it's not. Dwango 6 is the winner! Cool
Vampire Knight
Spamming!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cSc wrote:
its a tie between map 1 & 7

Le pwned.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Pro Tournament will be held in May on Dwango 6 Map 01. Hopefully we will get a good turnout of some top doomers for this, D6 M1 used to be a classic well played map, lets hope people haven't forgotten how to play it Wink

If you want the chance to be crowned Zdaemons D6 M1 champ, make sure you sign up (experienced players only please). Registration will start on the 1st of May. There is currently a Euro server hosted with the map on a [CHIP] server, so there is plenty of time to practise.
Arch Enemy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking...Could someone who knows the best players around contact them and try to get them participate in this tourney? Everyone would like to see a tourney with more "pros" showing up then last time. Someone who is respected in doom community should get in touch with the "best of the best" and challenge them to participate in this tourney! We all know what is likely to happen. We get a few excellent players, but also a bunch of people that are only at "advanced intermediate" level. I know I am not among the best 16 d6m1(or in any map) players in europe. But im sure there will be players participating that are not as good as I am. And whole "pro tourney" will lose it's meaning. We could start calling these tourneys "classic map tourneys" or somethin Rolling Eyes I know that even if someone would run around asking the real pros to participate, most of them would say no. But if just 2-4 of those guys who usually don't care about tourneys would participate it would increase this tourneys quality a lot! It would be really cool, if someone who has power to make things happen here would do something about this...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the getting in touch thats the problem. I'd really like to see a pro tourney full of pro players. I might delay this while I try and figure out how to make it better.
Arch Enemy
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I don't know that much people. But I think people who have been here longer keep in touch with each other through irc etc. Even though all of them migh not be that active (or always playing under aliases) anymore, but still are kick ass players. And of course there are players like Maikl_Russia and Goldlike who are constanly seen playing, but never in tourneys. Anyway thanks Sam. I hope you come up with somethin genious Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vampire Knight
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch Enemy wrote:
True. I don't know that much people. But I think people who have been here longer keep in touch with each other through irc etc. Even though all of them migh not be that active (or always playing under aliases) anymore, but still are kick ass players. And of course there are players like Maikl_Russia and Goldlike who are constanly seen playing, but never in tourneys. Anyway thanks Sam. I hope you come up with somethin genious Smile

Arch i tottally agree with you hands down. The quality of the last tourney was questionable, it felt more like an open tourney than a pro. Anyway, and this is in no way meant to disrespect maikel_russia or goldlike, they are very good FFA players and probably the most active around zdaemon but they are not pro standard at least not 1on1, we are talking about the best of the best here. Now i know you aint gunna like this sam :/ as you have made your point of ranking systems clear in the past, but i really think its the way forward.
I think the ranking system should be based on past tourney results, peoples opinions(respected, or maybe like the voting system urhash implyed on his tourney), and status. This will clearly show who are the best players around in europe at the moment.

Its the only way i can see around it, without letting the pro slip to an open level.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I don't mind ranking systems, this is different to ctf.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: