ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vampire Knight
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok pre-registration team:

The Bounty Hunters: Vampire Knight (captain), Killer Instinct, Tennie

Reserve player(s): Xsnake, Space pirate
BAZOOKA
Spamming!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blue Team: Matrix[hell], Wario , Bazooka
Reserve(S): zero[hell], Bomber

just for fun
Isus_in_black.
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Sedlo would agree to being a reserve???

Question
psy-mushroom
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nlogax is 4th cro player
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Radster[Dx]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign us in!

Team Nightmare: BahdKo (captain), Radster[Dx], DevastatioN.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone not in a team yet but wants to be or failing that wants to be in the player pool can post here.

Registration will start on a seperate sticky thread on the 7th at about 10 am gmt. One member from the team will need to post the details; Team Name; Players names and who the captain is. I will also need the captains contact details; email, messenger and the teams preffered playing time.

Once 8 teams have registered the thread will be locked. An additional post will be added that will contain the players pool. If any team loses a member they may pick a player from the pool. You won't be able to swop members from your team with a pool player unless you have a team member that cannot take part for some reason.

The registration thread won't be for discussions, it will be left there to show which team contains which players and have the players pool. Any post that's not a team registering will be deleted, so please don't ask questions there. I will also start a new thread containing the rules etc which will be for discussion and scores being posting to. Any questions, etc in the mean time can carry on being posted to this thread Smile

The map set poll will be ending on the 4th, so you will know which map set will be played before registration starts. The server will be passworded and available asap once the map set poll has ended. The password will be sent to the captains as soon as their team have registered (if the server is up then).

Registration will stay open until either all 8 slots are filled or in the event that that doesn't happen straight away it will stay open for 1 week max.

The first round will begin on Friday the 14th Jan, teams will be loaded using ZDaemons random slot filling programme on the morning of the 14th, it would be impossible to seed teams at this stage so please don't give me a hard time if you don't like where your team have been placed in the brackets.

Any comments, questions, suggestions welcome, I've tried to cover everything I've been asked about so far in game and in IRC here.
The Ultimate DooMer
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team: The Red Knights (name might change though)

Members: T.U.D, Nattetas, Zlatev, Finney
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map set 1 won the poll, dA_g0dFad3R has been emailed. I've requested max players 6, max clients 10. This is to allow for both teams to have a reserve player in the server, plus 2 spectator spots. Spectators can only be members from another team or myself and are asked to remain quiet at all times during the match (as is usual during regular tournaments), they must also sit on either the green or gold team, not red or blue.

A couple of other points to note: No-one will have rcon to L@P, it's best to start the match on map 01 as this will also be the sudden death map in the case of a draw and would prevent you from having to run the maps (and lose the flow) to get back to it at the end of the game. You should also make sure you start the first map with the full 15 mins. The maps rotate regardless of anyone being in the server, so you don't want to be starting a match with only 5 mins remaining, it could mean the difference between a win or a loss for your team so please check before you start.

Just one other thing, if the captains prefer to pm me their contact details they can do so, they will need to go on the tournament details so the other teams can see them, but they don't have to posted on the forum thread if you don't want them to be.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tourney server for practice is going to be a little delayed, there is a new system on L@P servers which introduced a CTF bug. It's being worked on so hopefully it shouldn't take more than a day or two to fix.

I've put the map set on GSN #11 for anyone wanting to practise while L@P is being fixed, not ideal i know, but better than nothing for people who can't host 6 players. The server hasn't got a password, so if people are playing ask them to all go on the other team. If you have a problem with people refusing, let me know and I'll password the server.

I also want to clarify the reserve players. Each team has 4 members, the captain can choose to use any player he likes at any time he likes, if you want to use a player for one map and another for another that's fine as long as you pre plan the maps to prevent the game being delayed. This is to allow reserves a chance to be able to play and be on the team without being called a reserve. Who plays what games/maps is entirely up to the captain and his team. With there being no rcon, causing an aviodable delay during a match will be seriously frowned on, so please plan before hand.

[added] I wouldn't join any teams with me running this tourney, but i will put my name down as a pool player, hopefully there will be others in the players pool soon Wink
Titan_66
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: ctf Reply with quote

I forgot to write a contact but i have added the ICQ into the my profil. wow there are 7 teams already including USA team except Radeg, wow. So euro doomer could play any usa ctf tournament too ?
Titan_66
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izm: will be the CC in ? Bubuss, you, obituary or alphagod ? CC should participate !
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just let CC know (well Exl) if they want in they should sign quick (the tourney hasn't been advertised apart from on the forum here and word of mouth as yet). There are no restrictions on where teams come from, as long as they can play euro times. Which is the pretty much the same as normal tourneys, so yes mixed teams in US tourneys are fine too as long as we can get ctf tourneys to work on a semi regular basis Smile

I just hope L@P is fixed soon so we can get a server up for you all before the first round starts.
ufon
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ctf Reply with quote

Titan_66 wrote:
I forgot to write a contact but i have added the ICQ into the my profil. wow there are 7 teams already including USA team except Radeg, wow. So euro doomer could play any usa ctf tournament too ?

devastation is canadian, bahdko living in finland and radeg......its hardly a USA team Wink
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: ctf Reply with quote

ufon wrote:

devastation is canadian, bahdko living in finland and radeg......its hardly a USA team ;)

I'm american. Its still not an american team tho. 1/3 american.
Titan_66
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ufon: i know that dev is from canada, but check the tourney forum: "USA Tournaments" Smile so i count canada too.
Dave Lister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay this is going to be pretty tough tourney, a lot of great players.... well, except cro team which sucks big time
Wink
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you better hope they don't wipe you out after that lol Razz but yes it's gonna be tough I think.
Dave Lister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
you better hope they don't wipe you out after that lol Razz but yes it's gonna be tough I think.

hehe i was only kidding and trying to irritate them a bit.... i hope they understand Very Happy
izm_
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titan_66 wrote:
izm: will be the CC in ? Bubuss, you, obituary or alphagod ? CC should participate !

Hey Titan. It's going to be Bubss, Obituary and myself, with Exl as a spare.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tourney server is up! All the captains have been sent the password by pm, as have the team members who posted to this thread so please check your pm's Smile

Also a huge thanks to Kilgore for fixing the ctf bug on L@P so fast, and to dA g0dFad3R for providing us with a server for this tourney Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: