ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 v 3 Euro CTF Tourney?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

66 we are ready for you Smile

Let us know when you'll be ready to play
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just to let you know i have mailed Bahdko days ago and still havent got a reply back, now i realise she may have deleted it, but i made it pretty clear that it was a zdaemon based email. Anyway, i shouldnt have to hope that she didnt delete it so, as a back up id like set-up and arrange things here, unless i can mail another one of the nightmare team.

Our prefrences:

Weeknights: 8pm to 9pm GMT (start time)

Weekends: Flexible
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
Hi, just to let you know i have mailed Bahdko days ago and still havent got a reply back

eek, how did that happen.

I didn't see the email, hm. Wonder what happened. I was about to send you one just now, and was just checking the forums to look for the bracket site to find your email address.

Your forum post has different availability than I realized, let me talk to my guys and see what we can work with.

--BahdKo
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: match date Reply with quote

How about Saturday, 20:00 GMT ? L@P tournament server?

--BahdKo
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: match date Reply with quote

_BahdKo_ wrote:

--BahdKo

Yes, thats fine with us. However if anything comes up in the meantime that prevents us from playing, well post it on the thread.

Its all go for now though:)
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: match date Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
_BahdKo_ wrote:

--BahdKo

Yes, thats fine with us. However if anything comes up in the meantime that prevents us from playing, well post it on the thread.

Its all go for now though:)

We can all play, definetly.

See you there.
Titan_66
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isus: for all of us is the best term - sunday evening around aprox. 20:00-21:00, is that good for you ?
Isus_in_black.
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill try and arange it with our team, we'll let you know Titan Smile
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are replacing our reserve for tonights game, in the event that one of our teammates has a problem making it to the match, with another member of our team, Ocelot. We are still officially planning to use our original 3 "main" team members for the match.

--BahdKo (Team Nightmare)
killer instinct
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh ocelot Smile...didnt know he was in your team :S

well....gl tonight ^_^
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-1
3-2
5-0

Team Nightmare left last game.

The Bounty Hunters 13 - 3 Team Nightmare

GG guys, sorry about Tennie and leo, they can get a bit carried away during the match but it was not their intention to insult.
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks for the game. We left a map early, one of our guys is very competitive and he knew that the match could not be won at that point with the existing scores, so he left out of being frustrated.

I feel like we did reasonable for our pings anyway!

--BahdKo
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am checking out the demo of our match, and I wanted to mention something that I found, for the record. In Map01, our teammate Radeg lost his connection at score 2 - 0, and two more flags were scored quickly, before Beran recognized the problem and had us stop the game to wait. When Radeg got back in, we resumed the game from the score 4 - 0.

--BahdKo
mr.twister
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_BahdKo_ wrote:
I am checking out the demo of our match, and I wanted to mention something that I found, for the record. In Map01, our teammate Radeg lost his connection at score 2 - 0, and two more flags were scored quickly, before Beran recognized the problem and had us stop the game to wait. When Radeg got back in, we resumed the game from the score 4 - 0.

--BahdKo

True, i am checking my demo with a same result. Confused
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been a much closer game had it been noticed sooner that Radeg was timing out. I've updated the brackets, but if both teams want to play map 01 again and map 19 I'll allow it.
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
It could have been a much closer game had it been noticed sooner that Radeg was timing out. I've updated the brackets, but if both teams want to play map 01 again and map 19 I'll allow it.

Yeah that situation in map01 was not great. Upon a second viewing of the demo from a different teammate's perspective, I found that our team had done a succesful opponent flag retrieval leading into that timeout period and we were in a double-RTF position for part of the time. Being one player down affected our ability to successfully RTF. The map1 game had the possibility of being 2 - 1 after that period, a position that it is realistically possible to come back from, as opposed with 4 - 0.

I appreciate your willingness to work with us to ensure that we all feel the result was as fair as possible under the circumstances. However, I don't want to functionally pursue a rematch or a replay of problem sections of the match for reasons relating internally to my team. I do note though that there are some very good reasons as to why a rematch could be a valid request under the circumstances. The map1 score was deeply flawed due to the handling of Radeg's timeout, for one, the demo proves it out. Furthermore, the exaggurated loss on map1, combined with the close loss on the second map, had a psychological impact on at least one of my guys, and this contributed to our team underperforming on the third map (after which there was no scorewise recovery possible, etc).

My team has played under various names and with a variety of players for a good while now; one problem tournament match is not a crisis, we can try again later.

--BahdKo
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_BahdKo_ wrote:
Samiam wrote:

Yeah that situation in map01 was not great. Upon a second viewing of the demo from a different teammate's perspective, I found that our team had done a succesful opponent flag retrieval leading into that timeout period and we were in a double-RTF position for part of the time. Being one player down affected our ability to successfully RTF. The map1 game had the possibility of being 2 - 1 after that period, a position that it is realistically possible to come back from, as opposed with 4 - 0.

I appreciate your willingness to work with us to ensure that we all feel the result was as fair as possible under the circumstances. However, I don't want to functionally pursue a rematch or a replay of problem sections of the match for reasons relating internally to my team. I do note though that there are some very good reasons as to why a rematch could be a valid request under the circumstances. The map1 score was deeply flawed due to the handling of Radeg's timeout, for one, the demo proves it out. Furthermore, the exaggurated loss on map1, combined with the close loss on the second map, had a psychological impact on at least one of my guys, and this contributed to our team underperforming on the third map (after which there was no scorewise recovery possible, etc).

My team has played under various names and with a variety of players for a good while now; one problem tournament match is not a crisis, we can try again later.

--BahdKo

This was an unfortunate incident, an incident that me and my team mates were unaware of and in my view this was not our problem. However as you are looking to twist our performance into an unfair victory, i take this is a direct insult on my team.

When can you play again? You argued yourself a case for a rematch, so lets it play it then.

Lets do this by the "book".

EDIT: I strongly believe we won the the other two maps fair and square, and any other arument against that principle will fail to have the slightest impact on me.

The circumstances of the rematch are to be determined by sam, its either a full rematch or play the the first and and last maps with us 8-2 up.
_BahdKo_
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
This was an unfortunate incident, an incident that me and my team mates were unaware of and in my view this was not our problem. However as you are looking to twist our performance into an unfair victory, i take this is a direct insult on my team.

When can you play again? You argued yourself a case for a rematch, so lets it play it then.

EDIT: I strongly believe we won the the other two maps fair and square, and any other arument against that principle will fail to have the slightest impact on me.

The circumstances of the rematch are to be determined by sam, its either a full rematch or play the the first and and last maps with us 8-2 up.

Oh brother. Once again: we're not interested in a rematch for this tournament. As I stated clearly in my post but you have evidently glossed over, I have reasons which are internal to my team for taking this position, unrelated to the unusual game circumstances. I do not have to explain why.

I also did not state, as you seem to have interpreted, that I believe we would necessarily win a rematch or even would have won the original match. I know my team and I have watched the demo from several player perspectives, and my point was that the bad luck on map1 had an impact on our game and, potentially, the game scores. I'm not willing to pretend otherwise in order to pacify your sense of pride. If you take my determination as an insult, that's your problem.

I am not turning you down for some CTF action between my team and yours in the future, but this tournament match has passed as far as we are concerned, and your team won.

So, you can quit playing the tough guy on the forum now hm?

--BahdKo
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_BahdKo_ wrote:
Vampire Knight wrote:

Oh brother. Once again: we're not interested in a rematch for this tournament. As I stated clearly in my post but you have evidently glossed over, I have reasons which are internal to my team for taking this position, unrelated to the unusual game circumstances. I do not have to explain why.

I also did not state, as you seem to have interpreted, that I believe we would necessarily win a rematch or even would have won the original match. I know my team and I have watched the demo from several player perspectives, and my point was that the bad luck on map1 had an impact on our game and, potentially, the game scores. I'm not willing to pretend otherwise in order to pacify your sense of pride. If you take my determination as an insult, that's your problem.

I am not turning you down for some CTF action between my team and yours in the future, but this tournament match has passed as far as we are concerned, and your team won.

So, you can quit playing the tough guy on the forum now hm?

--BahdKo

Jesus, iam not trying to play the tough guy, all iam trying to do is protect and look out for my team. Im sorry i sounded brash or whatever, im not looking to pick a fight here, im just trying to see it from both views and in the end a rematch would be fair. However if you do not want to play the rematch then thats fine by me and my team, so if you want to interpret my "formal" attitude as "tough" then thats your problem. Razz (sorry couldnt resist)

I have no bad feelings towards your team nor did i mean to interpret it that way. I hope we can play again in the future without such confusion, thanks for the game and goodluck with your next next tourney.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BahdKo isn't saying they don't want to rematch they are saying at this time for reasons within the team they aren't going to play a rematch.

Kris thank you for agreeing to a rematch, it would of had to be agreed by both teams, and I respect that your team were willing to play again. I'm sure both teams will play against each other in the future.

I do fully understand how the morale of a team can be affected in the first crucial game of a tourney, I've played in 2 big tournies as well as took over looking after a team in a third. Against a stong team such as The Bounty Hunters the loss of a player has a big impact on the game and I would say the same thing if it had happened to your team. Players timing out is certainly something that needs to be covered in future tournaments, I would imagine to cover everything, considering how long it can take a player to time out, that in future the map should be played again.

The brackets will stand as they are, good luck in the final Bounty Hunters. Team Nightmare, it's been a pleasure having such a well organised team take part in this tournament, I wish you the best of luck in future tournaments, and I hope you will enter the next Euro ctf Tourney Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: