ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will the CTF tourney ever get finished?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the CTF tourney get done?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

andymun89
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Will the CTF tourney ever get finished? Reply with quote

I don't think it will and there won't be any more ctf tourneys for a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't honestly think what else could happen with such an attitude like that. Rolling Eyes

Dude, just get your match played, remind other people of their matches, and if 5 players out of 6 are online for a match, try to find the 6th player so those guys can play their match.

That's definitely better than saying it won't happen when you're doing nothing to keep it alive.
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's harder to arrange matches than the 1-on-1 tourneys, but if everyone has some form of chat (irc, msn, icq etc.) it shouldn't be too difficult to get everyone together, even with the timezone differences. (if a Brit, an American and an Aussie can all meet up on msn, anyone can)
MFDOOM
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm oh ok how bout the captian of our opposing team has posted a message saying he has quit zdaemon
Hel_master
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've been over reaching ourselves a bit on this one.
A) there are some many teams and thus so many players that people WILL drop out
B) there is no real sign up system, people who have said this sounds cool are suddenly signed up
C) Whatev obviously doesn't have enough time at the moment to deal with such a big workload like this. She isn't answering msgs and she isn't in the forum often enough. Not a bad try whatev but as I said I think you've over reached this one.
D) dates for matches to be played by haven't been set, good communication chanells for organising games haven't been set and definitive measures haven't been taken.

That's about all I'm gonna say for now. Wink
Handy Mustard Gas
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, hello?

it just started what? a week ago?

give them some time. It takes time to complete something like this.

now everybody calm down, please return to the holes that you crawled out of that you call home, there is nothing to see here.

Smile
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time isn't a problem, it's the entry deadline being strictly reinforced that is.

While chopping and changing without good reason should be kept out, the fact is that one team (teal) is completely empty, while others are missing players. Add to that the fact that people are dropping out, and you get the picture - the tourney needs more entrants to fill the empty slots.

As much as I support this tourney and want to see it played and succeed, I have a feeling that the whole thing will collapse unless new players and teams are allowed in to make up the numbers.

I've no problems with the deadline or the person enforcing it (as it prevents people from changing teams at will) but IMO it must be waived so that people can fill the slots that were empty when the deadline passed.
assmachine
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said, T.U.D. i agree
t8
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.U.D is correct. Wavarian, an Aussie, met with me and T.U.D... US UK AU timezones... we all met... it's possible... it just seems some people entered are not determined to play.

A deadline is vital for success.
Whatever
On a bitching spree!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andymun89 wrote:
I don't think it will and there won't be any more ctf tourneys for a long time.

play your fucking match and get over it. jesus.

Hel_master wrote:
I think we've been over reaching ourselves a bit on this one.
A) there are some many teams and thus so many players that people WILL drop out
B) there is no real sign up system, people who have said this sounds cool are suddenly signed up
C) Whatev obviously doesn't have enough time at the moment to deal with such a big workload like this. She isn't answering msgs and she isn't in the forum often enough. Not a bad try whatev but as I said I think you've over reached this one.
D) dates for matches to be played by haven't been set, good communication chanells for organising games haven't been set and definitive measures haven't been taken.

That's about all I'm gonna say for now. Wink

jesus christ listen here, ive answered all your messages and/or have chosen not to respond becuase it was an appology from you. and btw, im not overreached. youre just stupid.

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
Time isn't a problem, it's the entry deadline being strictly reinforced that is.

While chopping and changing without good reason should be kept out, the fact is that one team (teal) is completely empty, while others are missing players. Add to that the fact that people are dropping out, and you get the picture - the tourney needs more entrants to fill the empty slots.

As much as I support this tourney and want to see it played and succeed, I have a feeling that the whole thing will collapse unless new players and teams are allowed in to make up the numbers.

I've no problems with the deadline or the person enforcing it (as it prevents people from changing teams at will) but IMO it must be waived so that people can fill the slots that were empty when the deadline passed.

ok. i was trying to be lenient. but here are your deadlines; like them or not.

Round 1: Now - November 20

Round 2: November 21 - December 1

Round 3: December 2 - December 12

Round 4: December 13 - December 20

thanks to these fine participants, a new rule is posted with these dates: any match not played and any match scheduled where both teams donw show by these dates will result in both teams being dropped from the tournament
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll is ridiculous. The tournament will be completed if everyone cooperates. Insulting the person who started it won't solve the problem. If you want to see it succeed, how about helping her round up the participants.

I'm locking this topic because it serves no useful purpose.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: