ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Being spawned on" bug
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vkamicht
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: "Being spawned on" bug Reply with quote

(I did a search and looked through the pages but I could not find a post about this)

This has happened to me countless times; I'm running around on GSN #3 with lots of players, and I happen to be standing on a spawn point when a player spawned at that particular spot. What happens? My entire screen goes red, my health shows 0% and my gun dissapears. But I'm still alive, and I can shoot! Unforunately because I can't see nor hear my gun it makes it a little hard... but... does this happen to ANYONE else? Or is there any way I can fix it client side?

* It returns to normal when I die. Also, the client crashes if I try to switch weapons while in this "dead" state
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ja, known bug, happens to everyone. well, everyone unfortunate enough to stand on a spawn spot. Wink

I think the bug that flickers blood extremely rapidly is more annoying than that one. I got it today while holding the flag, was on the blue team at the time, and it was hard as hell to focus on red players with my screen spazzing out. anyone know what causes that one or how to get rid of it without dying? (picking up a weapon doesn't work)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens a lot the times to me.

You are telefragged by a spawn point, but dont get killed.

When somebody shots you, you recovers your health minus the damage of the gun. You can still shot with the weapon that you have when you was "telefraged", but you cant grab any items.

I have seen this bug when you shot a player too... the dead corpse will wake up to take revenge Twisted Evil
Handy Mustard Gas
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to noy happen to me in coop, but the only idfference is that i start to play better than i was before Very Happy

so blah
Vkamicht
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when I see dead or half-dead bodies floating around and shooting at me, is this people who are experiencing this bug, or is that something different?
Handy Mustard Gas
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vkamicht wrote:
So when I see dead or half-dead bodies floating around and shooting at me, is this people who are experiencing this bug, or is that something different?

tis is teh bug Very Happy
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vkamicht wrote:

Yes, just sometimes it can manifest like you said (i think, not sure).

There is another case that the player respawn beign a corpse and only some players will see him/her like a corpse. Aparently there is no symptoms to know when this bug happen to you (can still pick up items, change weapons, and your screen not blink red)... just than the people start to say that you are living corpse. Laughing
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not always. I've had that bug and people still shoot at me when I think I'm a dead corpse.
Tiki
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a "good" bug, but everyone knows the age-old rule: WHATEVER IS GOOD THEY HAVE TO TAKE AWAY

My views, no flames please
MetalSaw
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it if it was fixed, it looks good when someone else has it, but when you get it its not so great
The Ultimate DooMer
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario_Dan wrote:
Vkamicht wrote:

Yes, just sometimes it can manifest like you said (i think, not sure).

There is another case that the player respawn beign a corpse and only some players will see him/her like a corpse. Aparently there is no symptoms to know when this bug happen to you (can still pick up items, change weapons, and your screen not blink red)... just than the people start to say that you are living corpse. Laughing

Occasionally you get totally invisible players (or a flag moving all by itself), is this down to the bug, too?
Mario_Dan
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:

Occasionally you get totally invisible players (or a flag moving all by itself), is this down to the bug, too?

Dont know, never had experimented or seen this bug.
axems_kingdom
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiki wrote:
Its a "good" bug, but everyone knows the age-old rule: WHATEVER IS GOOD THEY HAVE TO TAKE AWAY

Well, you know how they say "Sometimes, dead is better"

And to The Ultimate DooMer, I've seen this before, but thankfully it doesn't occur often, and also I don't know why/how this happens Sad
Vorpalslash
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiki wrote:

heh could u pls explain y in hell is that a motherfucking good bug? well if ure refering to the dead corpse bug I understand y heh...

Last edited by Vorpalslash on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a totally different bug, when the player joins the map before it even loads for you. It only happens after intermission.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Da_maniaC
Now with new lemon fresh scent!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathz0r wrote:
This is a totally different bug, when the player joins the map before it even loads for you. It only happens after intermission.

Yeah i had that too once. The flags will appear as key cards.
So then when you take the flag, without ppl noticing, you can get it to the other base, without having the flag sprite on your back. Very Happy heh

As for the other bug, ive had that tons off times, very annoying, but the bug has both advantages as disadvantages, so therefore must be solved, imo.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is different to that one, with this the player is totally invisible, it's kinda hard to say how often it happens as usually the only clue is either rockets coming out of no where, or you're standing in your base looking at the flag and the next second it's sliding off and round the map by itself.

I quite often think I've hit something invisible in ctf, no way to know for sure if this is the bug or just lag/packet loss on my part.
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh yeah... 1st time it comes as a kind of shock seeing a flag wonder about on its' own. Wink
seal562
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when that happens esp if ur on high ground and the person below they can barly see u. Its like laying down in combat and ur a rilfe man.
Thank u im good at bump topics off.

Last edited by seal562 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... nice bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: