ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates on Tourneys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Updates on Tourneys Reply with quote

A few slight changes will be happening in the upcoming October tournaments, the biggest being the introduction of the new Aussie Tournament which will be hosted on the GameArena servers with deathz0r as admin Very Happy

Euro and USA Intermediates Tournament sign ups will change so that they are the same as for the open tournaments, all entrants will still be screened to ensure that no advanced players can enter. With several of the advanced players now either taking breaks or too busy for tournaments I expect a few of the Intermediate players to move up to the open this month, you know your own skill levels Razz

The dates for the tournaments will remain the same however for some reason we appear to have dates for 5 rounds, with the final and the registration for the next tournament taking place in the same week. As we have an excess round that's not needed, we will be moving the final back by a week to allow us to get the tournament servers up with the new map as soon as possible after registration opens.

Registration for next month's tournaments will be open on the 25th. Provided the final games for the Sept tournaments are finished before then we will do our best to get the next tourney map hosted as close as possible to that date so people can have a look, and get time to practice before the first round begins.
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates on Tourneys Reply with quote

Samiam wrote:
the biggest being the introduction of the new Aussie Tournament which will be hosted on the GameArena servers with deathz0r as admin Very Happy
That's still a big "if", mind you. The admin of the GameArena servers is very busy with some sort of project (that's all I know about), and that he'd contact me. However, if he doesn't contact me by tomorrow, I'll have to fire off an email and tell him that it's slightly urgent.

Another factor in this also depends on what happens during the month. I'm not exactly a "free lad", if you catch my drift.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starburst
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do u signup?
Starburst
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the Australian Tournament Smile
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tourney details have not been created yet.

EDIT: Bad news, I just got this email (after sending a second one) from trog:

Quote:
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:26:58 +1000
To: deathz0r <HIDDEN> (screw you spam mail)
Subject: Re: Regarding ZDaemon: Australian tournament
We're flat out with the redevelopment (due Monday - see
http://games.bigpond.com/features/newsite) - I can't do anything with this
for at least a week, sorry. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- trog

Unfortunately this means the tourney will be starting at least a few days late.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: