ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here is an Idea!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isus_in_black.
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Here is an Idea! Reply with quote

Ok this is the idea, allow the registration for next months tourney to take place a month in advance, instead of a few days before the tourney starts.
So for example the registration period for the tourney in November should be the whole of September, in this way there is a whole month in which admins can filter out the no-shows and the people who dont reply to emails and after the registration period ends there should be 16 people who will actually play their matches.
Now dont get me wrong people still HAVE to reply to their emails within a few days or otherwise theyre out.
Isus_in_black.
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no comments, criticisms, replies?
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm well registration is supposed to be a week ahead not a few days, it got delayed this month due to changes in admin. Imo a months registration is too long, the slots tend to fill within a few days and some people tend to forget they signed up for it if registration takes place a couple of weeks before a tourney Confused

No shows are tough, a lot of the time it's people who have never played in a tourney before, they don't know where to look etc a lot of the time, I chase people up as much as possible but even so things happen that causes no shows, and until they have been in a tourney how can we tell if someone is reliable or not Confused

It would be great to have a tourney full of people who all showed up and knew what to do and when by, i don't think we will ever eliminate all the failed matches though, no matter what we try.
Poignant
Still Spamming

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for a start doing it that way would have no advantage, now am not intending to rant or rave about it but this is what I think on the subject. I do not think its the time line set to join but rather the players who sighn up and as it something anyone can take part in, it would be unfair to say who can and who can not play, or take part in the fun.

Now I agree with the fact that no shows almost make it seem unfair on the players that have played all the games but honstly what more can be done? Am sure the players would all rather play there games rather then get an easy win to the next round. This is nothing to do with the way the system is its the players whats the problem.

Weeding out the no shows is just impossible even if 4 weeks notice was given no one can be sure if they will show. And some infact can not due to problems that they may have at the time, as even you can not predict when you PC is going to go wrong, or a real life crisis.
Isus_in_black.
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing against people who actually have a valid reason for not showing up, and post or write an email about it. What tics me off are the people who dont reply to emails at all, and those are usually the ones who dont show. If we had a longer registration period (Ok a month is too long but two weeks should do) those people would be easier to identify, ban and thier vacant spots could be filled on time for the tourney
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> European Tournaments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: