ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best of the Best Tourney
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Best of the Best Tourney Reply with quote

Well, I have already posted this topic in the wrong area, so why not post it on the right area.Ok, now I have this idea that might be cool, and well, I'm hoping that it could be made into reality. How about we have the best players of doom( We'll vote for the players) verse each other in a friendly tourney? It would mean nothing to their reputation, and it puts no one on top, as I've said, it's just a friendly tourney! Now for the players....I've decided that it would be best to have people on Zdaemon voting for the best players on Zdaemon. Anyways, please leave feedback, advice,suggestions, comments, etc. here. Think about it: How entertaining would it be to see some of the greatest players battle each other? So thanks for any replies, etc.
Agent 47

Last edited by agent 47 on Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
=laff=Mish
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Best of the Best Tourney Reply with quote

agent 47 wrote:
We'll vote for the players

Vote?
That would become a tourny of 'Players who people in the zdaemon forums think are really good!!!one'

I wish there was some kind of way to have the players, you know, play eachother, so that you could acurately find out who the best players are. If only...

Ps. I'm not bashing on your idea. I actually really like it. I don't see why it's not up and running already. Good luck.
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is everyone dead, or does everyone just not care? Laughing C'mon, I need some advice, comments, and whatnot!
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we make it a yearly thing. At the end of the year all the winners enter a tournament and go from there.
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good to me, seeing as most of the best players seem to enter the monthly tournaments anyway Smile
Vorpalslash
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat-Arsed wrote:
How about we make it a yearly thing. At the end of the year all the winners enter a tournament and go from there.

Nice!!! and since it is yearly it should be a tourney for the whole community so that there's a new ranking mode...!!!hehe wel maybe it's toooo complicated and most of the players that play on zdaemon don't even read the forums... but imagine one wwhole year thinking omg im so stupid why did i blast myself with that rocket, why didn't i shoot him with my ssg first why why why????i could have won.... whywhywhy? and u have to wait one whole year to get ur revenge!!!! lol great idea anyway....
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So far our ideas are:

1.yearly thing
2.winners of the tourneys play in one final tourney
3.erf, no three yet.

Great, thanks guys. Now, who should host the servers annnnnd when should we start? This year or next? Razz And they told me I'd amount to nothing in elementary!
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously there'll be one for the Euro winner and one for the USA winners, using the same hosts as normal.
Vampire Knight
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent 47 wrote:

1.yearly thing
3.erf, no three yet.

Great, thanks guys. Now, who should host the servers annnnnd when should we start? This year or next? Razz And they told me I'd amount to nothing in elementary!

if youre looking for a third option i believe a ranking system (vorpal mentioned it as before has shy) is a good idea giving players a seed (in tornaments) however this is not easy to do, unless every one gets together and votes on it.
Tai*WarGreymon
YOU PERVERTS!!!1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea!
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire Knight wrote:
agent 47 wrote:

1.yearly thing
3.erf, no three yet.

if youre looking for a third option i believe a ranking system (vorpal mentioned it as before has shy) is a good idea giving players a seed (in tornaments) however this is not easy to do, unless every one gets together and votes on it.

Uh, what do you mean by ranking system? If u look up, Envision suggests that the winners of the tourneys be the ones to play at one final tourney. Still, elaborate cuz your suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Ralphis
That blue hedgehog again of all places!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many times will badfish play
shagzonmychest
has entered the game!

Location: Currently Chesapeake VA...Reppin' Brentwood, LI, NY..Ya heard!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralphis wrote:

HAHA excellent point dont think that'll work well...umm how bout see who is voted for and use the Rankings from ZD to seed them. I would say use like the top 32 players but I know that all of them wont play..hmm still brainstorming i'll be back later..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shagzonmychest wrote:
Ralphis wrote:

HAHA excellent point dont think that'll work well...umm how bout see who is voted for and use the Rankings from ZD to seed them. I would say use like the top 32 players but I know that all of them wont play..hmm still brainstorming i'll be back later..

True dat. If badfish wins all these tourneys, it'll be badfish vs. himself. It's also true that some players from the top 32 seed won't enter(not to bash on anyone but for ex: jkist3). Well, how bout we have Plan A and a Plan B. Plan A is Envision's idea of the winners of the tourneys playing each other in one final battle, one final Euro and one final USA tourney. Plan B is if badfish wins most of these tourneys, leaving 2 other players to fight in the final tourney.(Badfish, I'm not trying to dissaude you from entering any tourneys, just if you win them all, we're gonna have to resort to plan beta. Wink )Plan B is when we use some form of shagz's idea and Vorpal and vampire knight, and just about everyone else's idea. We have an X amount of players(top 50, 40, 30, whatever) play each other in a tourney. My brain hurts now Confused , and uh, thanks for your help and keep the ideas coming!
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent 47 wrote:
we use some form of shagz's idea and Vorpal and vampire knight, and just about everyone else's idea.

actually i believe i suggested this first, and i have explained how my hypothetical system would work:

http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=2376

Also about this best of best tourney, all i can say is that in general looking at all the tourneys its always the same names in the latter rounds. So basically the best of best tourney would simply avoid the fragbait rounds.
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! Um, so, this looks like the best plan we have so far. I hope that most likely, this is the plan that we would use for the tourney. And I give credit to ccarnage for having that idea first AND explaining it. Wink
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about having some kind of an seasonal league instead of a tournament, im thinking of something similar to what there is in broodwar( http://www.wgtour.com/ranking.php?type=1&datab=broodwar ), the matches arent sheduled, u just challange ppl and ur getting points based on the outcome of the match. But its not simply the more u play the more points u get, beating a high ranked players will give u more points and vice versa.
U wouldnt be able to play a certain player more than a few times in a row to avoid free points from a buddy, u wouldnt be able to play more than X matches in a week...etc.
agent 47
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know. It sounds like a good idea, but maybe it's me, but it sounds complicated and like it will take a lotta work to keep it going. Something simple(complicated things give me headaches), like for example the idea in ccarnage's post. I don't mean to demean your suggestion, but I'll see if I can fully understand what your suggestion means. Wink Alrighty then, so now we have a couple of suggestions, I feel that ccarnage's way of explaining the way we are going to handle this tourney is the best. Anyone else? We gotta get this thing going, or it's going to lose people's interest. so what would be a good kickoff date for this tourney? I'm thinking......maybe towards the end of the year? Let's get this thing going.
ufon
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i got carried away....just a little... Wink
ccarnage
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first of some1 needs to draught a list of rankings, i'm not really sure who is the right person to do the job.. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: