ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA v EUROPE Capture the flag tourney.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: USA v EUROPE Capture the flag tourney. Reply with quote

Hey all. I am organising a CTF tourney which will be the USA verses Europe to see who really has the skills, brains and can work together as a team. Here are the details:

The tourney is set to take place on the 27th June 2004. The time is yet to be decided as of course the time zones differ. I propose an early afternoon start for team USA which would have Europe start between 6-8pm.

I shall pick 2 captains (1 per team) which I think work hard in CTF, have good organisation skills and are general nice people. These shall then pick 4 players from their team. Who they pick is their decision but I recommend you pick them for their defence, attacking and 'running with the flag' skills.

The format is to only play the 1st set of CTF maps twice; once in an American based server and then a European. This will overcome the problem of lag (well it won't but it's fair).

I also propose we have an umpire. This umpire would have to be from a country not in Europe or from the US. He/she can keep a watch to make sure things 'run smoothly' and would have to write up a 'log' of the match.

NO spam messages. NO abuse to other players. I'd like players to only team talk to keep the others from knowing team tactics.

Your team should discuss tactics for each map before each game. This may come in handy.

---> WANT TO APPLY? Reply to post stating country, times available and why you would make a good captain.

I think I've covered most. If you want any questions answering please reply to this message. Also if you would like to take part leave times of when you can play and we'll try and come to an agreement. I'll then pick 2 captains which you'll then pick teams and so on.

And by the way... I'm organising it... send cheques to....... Wink

Good luck!!!
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in! I'm in NY (East coast USA) GMT -5. On weekdays I can play any time after 21:00 GMT or later.

Last edited by Raider on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bonzo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, I can play after 5 pm EST. (I'am in Chile, but i shall play for US)
Angel 91
All Your flags are mine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in...................
Im cental time ( Texas )
available 24/7 except when i'm recording strikeouts while pitching at my games!
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America calls BLUE!!!
DoomGuy666
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it'll be fun. Count me in too. I am available at pretty much all times! I am definately playing for the U.S.
Charlotte
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll Play...
Im in Canada. close enough "eh"?
Punaxe
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be joining the europe selections then Smile
i'm available at any time, but preferably in the evening.

don't make me captain though... :p

Last edited by Punaxe on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i play for alaska?
nogame4me
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: CTF Tourney Reply with quote

I'm interested in playing (for USA).

Edit: I can play anytime, for the most part, but I'd prefer to avoid the 2AM - 11AM window if possible. I am in California (GMT -8 ?). Don't know if I'd make for good captain. But I love CTF. In fact, my Experience ranking has been suffering because CTF doesn't record points! Hey Raider, how about changing that, huh? Each score should be worth 5 kills or something, and suicides -1. I dunno. I'm just rambling now.

Last edited by nogame4me on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
AC!D
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will play and am available pretty much any time of day.

I'm definitely interested in playing for USA. I have lots of CTF flag background from my Quake III days (team Cyberfight), and as for my DOOM skill - check my stats and you be the judge.

But yeah - I'm DEFINITELY interested in playing. Sounds like a lot of fun and a seriously cool opportunity.

COUNT ME IN!
Bonzo
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider wrote:
America calls BLUE!!!

YAY!
Gollum
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in, as long as nothing happens that'll demand otherwise (my life's kinda unpredictable atm).

GMT -5 (chicago, il, central US)

I'm available any time pretty much from 8am to 2am, and will probably be playing doom anyway. Wink
dunno if I'd make a good captain (due to sucky orginization skills), but I follow directions well and am not too bad of a player.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Punaxe
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, speaking of blue....

i _suck_ at playing red as i have been playing blue all the time :p i see every blue one as an allie etc.
so please let me know if i need red practice... Smile
Shockwav3
The human germ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gonna put my german self into the commies then Wink
deathz0r
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: USA v EUROPE Capture the flag tourney. Reply with quote

izm_ wrote:
I also propose we have an umpire. This umpire would have to be from a country not in Europe or from the US. He/she can keep a watch to make sure things 'run smoothly' and would have to write up a 'log' of the match.
That'd be me! But it'd have to be played on a time that I'd be awake (and everyone else for that matter). Fortunately I'm somewhat flexible on Friday and Saturday nights my time (GMT+10).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigwolf2344
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: me too plz Reply with quote

i would like to play but i dont think i would be a good captain but i thing my time zone is EST but i am probably wrong i live in Virginia so can i be on american team???? p.s i am available to play almost anytime at night but not much during the day i am usually at work but count me in!!!!!
Culprit
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: count me in Reply with quote

im defenity in. Blue / American Team
shagzonmychest
has entered the game!

Location: Currently Chesapeake VA...Reppin' Brentwood, LI, NY..Ya heard!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Im in Reply with quote

Yo!...i'm in...playin for the Dream Team USA Very Happy ...i'm in EDT Virginia, US...avail anytime during the weekend Sunday the 27th was definately a good call ...I have a question...will there be multiple teams from USA and Europe? or just 1 huge team from each? I wouldnt mind bein' captain but i'm sure someone else will do it so i'll be ready my AIM is Shagz1181...also when are signups due?
Samiam
G-String Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for it too izm on your team, you know the times and stuff Smile Re Raider getting first dabs on playing blue....... I think deathz0r should toss a coin Wink I'm rubbish at playing red too, so I would need to practice.

Ps izm, sorry about last night, I fell asleep Confused

[added] it might be an idea to let the captains pick extra players as reserves too, in case someone can't make it or has to leave or gets disconnected during the game. Just an idea.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: