ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CTF tourney... making it work...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: CTF tourney... making it work... Reply with quote

OK... I'm CTF mad and you'll always find me there so I've been thinking hard about how to make a CTF tourney work.

We should have 2 teams only which could be USA v Europe. We should have a umpire to sort misunderstandings (they happen Wink).

The teams should all agree on a time to play and should compete in all the CTF maps based on L@P. Lagging could occur for the USA so couldn't a server be set up to suit both teams?

Scoring shouldn't be whoever wins the round but the total number of flags taken back to base in the 20 (?) odd levels.

Any comments/ideas? I'll post more once I've woken up. Very Happy
VMDX
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I sound bitter, but time zone difference would be a significant problem, especially if you're talking 8 vs 8 people, at least 1-3 of them are going to have some issues.

Furthermore, getting lots of people to sign up for a CTF tourney AND ATTEND is much harder than the relatively simpler 2 vs 2 tourney Yoyo suggested, which was also shot down immediately...so why does this tourney get a new update when the 2 vs 2 tourney was shot down due to "can't be done"?
enVision
A.K.A. Rat-Arsed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact of the matter is it would be unbelievably hard to pull off, with the time zone difference and then theres getting everyone together.

People can't even handle a 1 on 1 tourney never mind a 16 player CTF one.
izm_
God like!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after a lot of thinking a CTF tourney has now been arranged with ideas to overcome the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Tournament Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: