ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bored of CTF? Never fear...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Bored of CTF? Never fear... Reply with quote

...the second map pack is almost complete!

This second map pack features ten maps that are sure to please the numerous rabid CTF fans who love CTF but who have been aching for more.

This map pack, when complete, will be able to be 'tacked on' to the first. You would start a server with -file zdctfmp.wad zdctfmp2.wad, and be able to play through all 20 maps at the same time. Of course, it will be able to be played seporately as well.

Here is a summery of all of the maps that are in it so far. The order of the maps might change, but the content will remain the same.

MAP11 : Tribute

This is not the greatest game of CTF in the world. This is just a tribute. A quake themed map with a tech themed red base and neitherworld themed blue base, this is the defenition of "same layout, different asthetics" map. Just watch out for the lava and slime, it'll kill you, and kill you quick. A great map for larger groups.

MAP12 : SubTerra

An excillent map from Exl, a very awesome cave with a lava lake flowing through it. Hidden within the cave are two bases, each home to the flag, your (and the other teams) prized posession. Also good for medium sized groups.

MAP13: Twice as Simple

A nice map from the mind of Nestea. Bearing a passing resemblence to "Dead Simple", but retextured and redesigned for maximum amounts of fun. It's a very scaleable map, fun with 3on3 or 6on6.

MAP14: Sanguinary Longshot

An excillent map from the editor of EarthQuake. Did you like "The Inmost Dens"? Well, try this CTF monster on for size. A very large map, and you might have to use your automap at times, but very accomidating of larger groups of people.

MAP15: Sewers Smell Bad

Another map from the twisted mind of Nestea. It should really be called "Too close for comfort" because flag grabs are often, and the carnage is nonstop. A very fun, very fast paced map, with excillent music to boot.

MAP16: Return to Phobos

Another knockout map from Exl, this time it's a very well done retro-styled CTF map in the Phobos theme. There are lots of secrets of the map to discover, some of them more helpful than others. Just please god please don't jump out of the window in the center room...

MAP17: Burn it with fire

A massive set of old ruins stuck in the middle of a lava field? Sounds like the perfect place to play Capture the Flag to me. The old version of Outter Limits that was canned at the last minute returns with a vengence! Once you know the map layout, it's quite easy to get from one place to another. Just don't jump in the lava, it's not a fun experience.

WARNING: NEWER VERSIONS OF ZDOOM BREAK THIS MAP, IT WORKS FINE IN ZDAEMON

MAP18: The Old Castle

You might call this a sequel to Fortress Collision. In any case, the newest map out of Nestea's head is the fastest paced map out of the entire map pack, and is perfect for 2on2.

MAP19: UAC Headquarters

An awesome collaberation by SirTimberWolf and EarthQuake, with impressive architecture and three ways go get to and from each base. This map is also very big, and can handle large numbers of players in stride.

MAP20: ????????

Well, just one more map, then I have some texture screwups to fix, and then CTF Map Pack 2 will be ready for business.
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need one more map? I got one more around if you want to.
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try my idea of using all the first map pack textures not used in the second pack? Since Fortress Collision works after you put in The Old Castle.
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^

That's what I was meaning by "fixing textures"

AlexMax wrote:
This map pack, when complete, will be able to be 'tacked on' to the first. You would start a server with -file zdctfmp.wad zdctfmp2.wad, and be able to play through all 20 maps at the same time. Of course, it will be able to be played seporately as well.

Exl wrote:
Need one more map? I got one more around if you want to.

Let's see it, bro!
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh. Well, I guess I was ignorant on that one.

You still need to fix some problems with my maps (as my maps are the only ones that have problems, hehe Laughing)

I also modified the latest version of This Old Castle (from 7CTFULTA) that fixes a few bugs. The switches that I added are IMPORTANT. This prevents the rooms that they open from being an extremely cheap hiding place (because players spawn in there and before the switches there was no other way in except if you get in while the player opens the door from the inside).

http://www.psychodrone.com/Tyler/nesctf09.wad (no need for editing, I based this edit off the 7ctfulta version)
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nestea wrote:
Heheh. Well, I guess I was ignorant on that one.

You still need to fix some problems with my maps (as my maps are the only ones that have problems, hehe Laughing)

I also modified the latest version of This Old Castle (from 7CTFULTA) that fixes a few bugs. The switches that I added are IMPORTANT. This prevents the rooms that they open from being an extremely cheap hiding place (because players spawn in there and before the switches there was no other way in except if you get in while the player opens the door from the inside).

http://www.psychodrone.com/Tyler/nesctf09.wad (no need for editing, I based this edit off the 7ctfulta version)

How in the fuck are you supposed to get the plasma rifles?
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sign in front of it is actually a secret switch.
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nestea wrote:

Thanks.
Twiztid
Who wants a body massage?

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nestea wrote:
You should have sent him a pm so others could figure it out themselves. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jtoxification
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of these new maps sport the railgun ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nestea
God like!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twiztid wrote:
Nestea wrote:
You should have sent him a pm so others could figure it out themselves. Razz

It's better to tell than to hear people say "OMFG PLSMA GUN HOW U GET TAT U CHET H4X0R I'M TELIN RAIDER!!!11111"
Exl
I hate penis like vegetables.

Location: North of the fries, east of the wieners, west of the tea

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let's see it, bro!

http://www.whacked.daniel-carroll.co.uk/temp/zdctf2_exl.zip

MAP03 is the new one. Needs some more work before being mirrored.
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exl wrote:
Quote:
Let's see it, bro!

http://www.whacked.daniel-carroll.co.uk/temp/zdctf2_exl.zip

MAP03 is the new one. Needs some more work before being mirrored.

"Good.....good......"

Yeah, it's not nearly look big enough. Try taking what you have and doubleing the size and length of every walkway. (The outside part only, the part where you get the soul sphere is neat and doesnt need to be changed) Neat layout though.
masterdan
with the master plan!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is awesome that we have CTF, but there is one reason I don't play that often, and i'm not even sure there are too many others with the same idea as me, but I think that most of the CTF wads are WAY too large! It's annoying! I don't think I've played you new maps, but hopefully they fixed the problem I have with CTF... Thank-you for making more wads, man...
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we don't really have that many of the old size. They're either a little bigger, a lot bigger, or a little smaller. You'll feel right at home, no matter what style of CTF map you like.
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but with ZDeamon crashing out on me every 10 seconds, it prevents me from working on the map pack. I beleive it's a bug with the zdoom 1.23 codebase.

Therefore, the CTF map pack's release is being delayed. Have no fear, however, because the issue is being resolved. ZDoom 2.xx code is being merged into zdaemon as we speak by Hellmaster, and he's VERY close to being complete. And if this code makes it into zdaemon 1.07, all will be fixed.

EDIT:

As soon as ZDaemon 1.07 comes out, final playtesting can begin.
EarthQuake
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The level in that screenshot looks really gay, I hope that's not gonna be in there.

[/sarcasm]
Red Frog
USMC

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a perfect example of sarcasm! [/sarcasm]

The screenshot looks awesome, seriously.
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthquake is allowed to make fun of a level he contributed to. Also, you may see some 'artifacts' in certain places (look at the ceiling of that screenshot). That's because of my graphics card/drivers.

EDIT: Kinda funny how corperal cliff seemed to ignore this post Smile. Also, my graphic glitches problem was because I am a dumbass because I never installed my motherboard drivers.

Last edited by AlexMax on Sun May 23, 2004 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corporal Cliff
I really can't think of a good title

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, if he's gonna make fun of it. Why did he bother to contribute to it if he thought it was going to be so crap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: