ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDaemon avatars (warning: large image file)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
switchman
On a Rampage!

Location: longitude: 79d 50m W latitude: 43d 20m N (-5:00 GMT)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Corporal Cliff's Rant Reply with quote

Just want to thank Raider for even allowing us to use avatars let alone all the other great work that he does around here.
Corporal Cliff's bad attitude is not representative of the vast majority of ZDaemon users. If Sgt. Banks is so upset why doesn't he speak for himself??? Is Corporal Cliff and Sgt. Banks one in the same? Whatever.
Raider you should use a "special" avatar for Corporal Cliff from now on... I could think of a few funny ones.... anyone else?
Handy Mustard Gas
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did it make a difference that he did? no one on here (except maybe xrob2k4x, but he dosnt count) said anything about the user.

We all make mistakes, and this one was just shown for example.
Corporal Cliff
I really can't think of a good title

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handy Mustard Gas wrote:
did it make a difference that he did? no one on here (except maybe xrob2k4x, but he dosnt count) said anything about the user.

We all make mistakes, and this one was just shown for example.

And why doesn't xrob2k4x count ?

And you're telling ME to respect Raider ?
Handy Mustard Gas
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because i hate rob Very Happy

and i havnt told you to do anything. Although i think you should....
all i told you was to think about calming down and realize that it was not an intentional insult
Nestea
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporal Cliff wrote:

You don't know what Raider controls, do you?
Mario Dan(ABC)
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a prashe: "The people learns to be best with his our errors and with the erros of the others". I don't believe that the comment of Raider is to ridicule, as some people thinks.
Ichor
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one thing is certain. Despite being the wrong size, that was still a funny picture.
Handy Mustard Gas
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Dan(ABC) wrote:
Just a prashe: "The people learns to be best with his our errors and with the erros of the others". I don't believe that the comment of Raider is to ridicule, as some people thinks.

exactly what ive been trying to say!
Corporal Cliff
I really can't think of a good title

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever then Rolling Eyes
AlexMax
I've got your flag!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corporal Cliff wrote:

Are you trying to rationalize being a total tool? Because you pretty much fucked yourself sideway by telling raider to shut the fuck up. There is no excuse for being a tool, especially toward someone who can ban with with a few clicks of the mouse.

There were so many ways to phrase your anger without sounding like a dick. You chose not to, and now Raider will probably be pissed at you.
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this is getting too much for me: if you consider that Raider has far more important things to do in his life besides handling other people's avatars, then you may begin to see things from a proper perspective: he doesn't owe you, me or anybody anything to handle the daily chores of ZDaemon and yet you attack him as if he's on your payroll and slaughtered your entire family. What can I say... how rude can you get?
Blizzardson
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwwwwahaaahahahah

WHO's THAT FATSO!??

the tables returned,corporal cliff now your the ass
Handy Mustard Gas
Spamming!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizzardson wrote:
Bwwwwahaaahahahah

WHO's THAT FATSO!??

the tables returned,corporal cliff now your the ass

as apposed to you being the ass? Very Happy
Raider
Lazy Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The example I posted was selected entirely at random. It was not intended as an insult, or to make fun of anyone. I’m sorry if that’s how it came across. However, this does not excuse your attitude.

There are several reasons for having displayed those images. It is an administrative tool that none of the users get to see, so I thought that by sharing it with everyone it would give you all an opportunity to see what I have to deal with every day.

I’ve helped many of you create and properly size your avatars. Unfortunately I don’t have any way to contact the majority of players who have submitted an avatar. I have to discard avatars that aren’t compliant with our requirements.

I spend a significant portion of my day on ZDaemon related administration, answering emails, responding to forum questions and account maintenance for the experience points system. I was hoping that if I gave an example of what not to do with the avatars it would make my life easier by not having to go through as many invalid avatars.

Having said all that, I’m not going to ban anyone simply because I can. When someone responds in such a belligerent manner, it only makes them look foolish to the very people they are trying to impress.

Thanks to everyone that came to my defense. I thought maybe I had made an error in judgment, but the many replies to this show that most of you seemed to understand my intentions.
dudey
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe its funny to make examples of ppl cos then they look retarded and we can point and laugh, and on a more sensible note, its a good way to prevent others making the same mistakes..
xrob2k4x
HELP COMPUTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another reason to have Zdaemon built in Zmail like tribes2
Handy Mustard Gas
Spamming!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudey wrote:
hehe its funny to make examples of ppl cos then they look retarded and we can point and laugh, and on a more sensible note, its a good way to prevent others making the same mistakes..

watch out now dudey, Cliff's gonna freak on you... Very Happy
Lyfe
Puts the 'Z' in ZDaemon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While there are certain aspects of this thread that are valid points, I am here to chastise the people who did nothing but flame others and hurl threats on behalf of someone else. I am also here to remind you all that these forums do have rules, and that they should have been enforced in this thread, much less others.
To reiterate with a bit more clarity:
Do not be slanderous to each other. This particular forum is for help, and related chatter, it is not a place where you can come and insult each other.
Do not threaten each other. Especially as the third party, who has no actual involvement. Never insinuate that Raider or myself will be banning people, as that choice is (most likely) not up to you. Doing so can cause for someone to feel as if they are being targetted by *everyone* when in fact they are only being targetted by those being jerkoffs, not by the people who really can do something about it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: