ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smart CTF 2 - Official Release

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DX-Chain
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Smart CTF 2 - Official Release Reply with quote

I'm pleased to share a brand-new Capture The Flag map pack for both casual and competitive play across the 3 major online multiplayer source ports: Smart CTF 2

This time I had a lot of inspiration and freedom to work on the layouts and play-test across different multiplayer Doom communities. As a result, the layouts can be played as simply or with as much complexity as the players/teams wish.

The project was done in one year, and the bulk of the maps were done in the first 6-8 months. However, I got busy with IRL stuff and the project sat on the shelf until putting the finishing touches just a few days ago.

I'd like to extend a huge thanks to my long-time collaborators:

-James Paddock and Stuart Rynn, for lending their best-in-class talents to composing brand-new music for this project. Virtually all of the tracks were written with the map aesthetic/central gameplay idea in mind. Even after 10+ years since last working together, I'm in awe with the quality of the work from these two gentlemen.

-Thomas "Rabotik" Van Der Velden, for once again creating an epic logo + TITLEPIC that truly channels the feeling and adrenaline rush when playing these maps.

-Ru5tK1ng and HumanBones for submitting a guest map and a layout idea, respectively (lol.jpg for the win!)

Special thanks go to the following community members and organizations:

-Ralphis, KBlair, Flambeau, Lil'Ruff, the Wadazine team, and Denzoa for hosting servers and events with SmartCTF.

-UberGewei for being the first public admin/organizer to jump on the pack and showcasing it throughout every single beta & release candidate revision on ZDaemon.

-GhostKiller, Caution, Hardyween, Nautilus, JCD/ZeroDev, Oxyde, Majik, Infer, Rosk1ng, and everyone else that helped playtest and offer useful feedback and critique!

-Big thanks to RottKing for giving me permission to tinker around with his RottVox sounds so that SmartCTF could have its own announcer.

-The WDL, Vengeance, and DML leagues for showcasing and choosing several maps in their league/competition seasons.

Get the pack now at the /idgames archive by clicking this link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/megawads/smartctf

I'd include images of the maps, but just go play it in one of the multiplayer ports of your choice! I'm out of town the next few weekends, but I hope we can have a nice big release party/session(s) soon! Smile

-Luis "DX-Chain" Armacanqui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: