ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specify Monitor Refrash Rate when specifying resolution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepelevamp
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject: Specify Monitor Refrash Rate when specifying resolution Reply with quote

Hello Smile

When specifying a screen resolution, the Hz selected by ZDaemon isn't the optimal. I would like an option to specify the monitor refresh rate when selecting a custom resolution.

My situation:

I have a custom screen resolution (1920x1080 @ 75Hz) which is not a default mode that my monitor supports.

My monitor only officially supports 60Hz at this resolution, and ZDaemon picks 60Hz when I ask for 1920x1080.

When playing in full-screen 1920x1080 60Hz, I can toggle to windowed-mode and it'll go up to 75Hz but in a giant window Razz I toggle back to full-screen and it goes down to 60Hz.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a ZD issue, ZD bassicaly picks whatever standard resolution is defined in your system... What you basically wanna do si to grab CRU (Custom resolution utility) and define your mode here, ZDaemon will then grab the settings from it... assuming you have VSYNC on.
pepelevamp
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't give non-answers. This is definitely a zdaemon issue and just a simple feature request like anything else here.

Aeyesx wrote:
I don't think this is a ZD issue, ZD bassicaly picks whatever standard resolution is defined in your system... What you basically wanna do si to grab CRU (Custom resolution utility) and define your mode here, ZDaemon will then grab the settings from it... assuming you have VSYNC on.

This makes no sense. The custom resolution is already available in Windows.

Zdaemon has an API it uses when asking for a screen resolution/mode like any other program. Other games get the 75hz just fine. Its simply the highest refresh rate available for the given resolution.

There's other mechanisms as well such as full-sized borderless window.
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, i run 160Hz and it works, dont be lazy and do as I said
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Pending Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: