Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Location: The Netherlands
|Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:13 pm Post subject: The ZDS Team is looking for mappers!
Dear people from the community,
We're nearing the infamous ZDS Christmas special again
and this time we're going to try and do it a bit different.
This year we hope to involve the entire community and make it a joint and fun event.
Hoping to make online Dooming a cozy, united, warm, loving Christmas experience around that time of the year.
In a time where a lot has changed on the social scale in real life, we hope that these things, like this event have a positive impact.
We'd like to ask you if you've got a map you would like to sent in, or if you'd maybe like to create one for the event!
There's a few things you need to know:
- EVERY map is welcome aslong as it's yours, even if it's just a retexture it's very welcome!
- Please, make as much use of the textures provided in the resource wad, only add new ones if it hinders you in your creative process.
Notes of the newly added textures are very welcome.
- The format does not really matter, aslong as it's related to Doom and compatible with ZDaemon.
- To make full use of all the newly added monsters and other actors, use the included config or use MAP00/MAP01 as reference (for the actor IDs).
- The main focus of the mapset is to have it playable in the Survival gamemode.
-If you intend to use ACS, script numbers 0-100 are availible.
On MAP01 (the shop map), there are a few tiny houses.
The idea was once to give everyone involved a house and a personally designed room. So if you like, go ahead and create one for yourself!
Cooperation is voluntary and without ANY obligation.
It's okay if you can't get your map done in time, all we ask is for you to be transparant about it.
If you'd like to sent in a map, please contact UberGewei#1081 or Krawa#6347 through Discord.
*You can also use the ZDaemon discord's mapping channel.
Resource wad (DB2 config included, DBU config coming soon):
Install the content of the 'DB2_config' archive into your '\Doom Builder 2\Configurations\' folder.