ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DWANGO: J U M B O

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: DWANGO: J U M B O Reply with quote

Inspired by decino's huge mutliplayer Odamex stress tests, I decided to make (or edit, more accurately) a wad specifically designed for huge events where it's expected that many many players will show up.

This is a selection of 20 maps from Dwango5, 6, 7 and 8 that have been expanded by a factor of 2 for the normal sized maps, and 3 for the smaller ones. I picked these maps as they have remained pretty regularly played for over a quarter century now, everyone knows them in and out, so it seemed a simple pick.

I've also added player starts to each map, coming to a total of 20 in each map - When many clients are connected, this will ensure that people have a second to escape their spawn spot before instantly dying (in theory, anyway). I've also added a weapon at each and every spawn point, meaning you'll never be the hopeless fool running around with a lone pistol - a feeling I know we all hate in deathmatch!

I've attempted to go through and make the textures look kinda-sorta-mostly acceptable, though in some cases the door texture repeats a few times - short of putting in more effort than is worth it, I don't think there's much I can do about that.

Anyway, here's the wad!
https://doomshack.org/uploads/DwangoJumbo.wad

Enjoy!

BTW: This will run in all 3 of the c/s multiplayer ports: Odamex, Zandronum and ZDaemon! Cool
Flambeau
Malibeau

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Lets try it out soon Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: