ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZLauncher: larger dialogs, child dialogs not appearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zakafx
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: ZLauncher: larger dialogs, child dialogs not appearing Reply with quote

Hello, I tried to search before posting but only found one possible occurrence with no solution. Sorry if this is the wrong location for this post.

Did a reformat on my laptop, installed same drivers, etc. When installing ZDaemon and opening it, I notice that the login dialog is larger than normal, and the text is in bold. Once logged in, the interface appears normal (servers list and chat tab), but any other child dialog that is opened (eg: launch single player, display recently logged in players, add a new buddy) appears to "open", but do not actually display. I can tell that they open to some degree as the window focus switches off from the ZLauncher interface to this new dialog that should be displaying. Pressing ESC closes this dialog and switches focus back to ZLauncher.

To note, there are some child dialogs that might appear, but only the titlebar.

I do have a dual monitor setup, but only use the secondary monitor (first is the laptop display, which is never on). Scaling is at the lowest %100. I have no accessibility options enabled. None of the application overides for DPI scaling do nothing. I have disconnected my monitor to see if that had anything to do with it, but no change. To see if the dialogs were going to different monitors, I set my configuration to extended desktop, but no change. This is a fresh install of Windows, but I am curious if this is something the latest build has something to do with? Before I reformatted, I did not experience this issue at all.

[url]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtDxOya0DYOVgbtVJQUqs1S7WB2bpw[/url]
[url]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtDxOya0DYOVgbtWFRO3DV83E6ONUg[/url]
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky for you... I got 4K and the rendering is completly broken for me...
Kilgore
Air Cavalry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't replicate that on any machine I've tried.
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've since been able to replicate this.

The underlying headache in this instance is down to the following setting:
"Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support"

This can be found by going to the "Region" Control Panel item, "Administrative" tab and clicking "Change system locale ..".

The recommendation is to disable this option.

Other possibilities are being looked into as well.

Edit: when it comes to some dialogues (and/or contained items) not being displayed correctly, this is down to a missing font in Windows 10 "MS Sans Serif" (Not "Microsoft Sans Serif"); this is also a potential problem in other legacy-type applications.

Edit 2: Internal adjustments have been made; the ZLauncher dated 2021-09-06 should no longer contain this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Fixed Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: