ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

-logdir command line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oxyde
Dominating!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: -logdir command line Reply with quote

Hello !

I have recently been struggling with setting up Zero Dawn in such a way that it can provide logs easily and maintain my current zserv cfg management method.
So far, what I do is :
ZServ is located within my /Doom/ folder.
My CFGs are located @ /Doom/cfg/<gametype>/<servernumber>/ and @ /Doom/cfg/_server/ ; The reason I have split cfgs is that it makes certain aspects of cfg maintenance easier (such as rcon related settings, world based and environment variables and so on).
All my .sh files are located within Zserv's folder. The server itself is launched from the same base directory, as part of the run script.

Now the main problem is, when I enable logs, they all stack inside of a single logfile, which I can't decypher easily. This is something I can't use properly as you guessed it.
To circumvent this, Mr. Domains suggested I use a cd /folder/ to virtually change the folder I run ZServ from; The problem is that ZDaemon seems to not be able to read files going upwards in folder list.

I haven't found any way to load multiple cfgs on server start, aside from the core one (which holds gametype, dmflags, and other important data for server stability).

As I do not want to have multiple cfg files within each zserv instance (because management, once again), the only solution I could see would be the be able to change the logs directory directly. This would make log management easier, and would save me the trouble of redoing the entire architecture.

If anyone has a better solution, please let me know, 'cause this is really annoying to sort out .

Anyway, thanks in advance !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Pending Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: