ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixed doom colormap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Fixed doom colormap Reply with quote

Hi,
Posting fixed doom colormap. I created my own one but because i was not first one I'll post Marisa Kirisame's original result because I believe he spend more time thinking about it.

What's wrong with it?
The original doom colormap was created using 33 light levels but engine expects only 32 to display. This results into inaccurate light scaling and in-fact you can never see total darkness, even with light 0 sector. The corrected one is generated properly. Feel free to use it, difference is little.

Original

Fixed one

[/img]

Last edited by Aeyesx on Mon May 07, 2018 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a lot of translucent objects so I wondered if I could use some trickery or just gain some render performance boost by using TINTMAP or TRANMAP. Developers say that it was simply abandoned and it wouldn't offer any performance boost anyway (possibly only in certain silly cases but most likely not.)

Those maps are hard to find anyway (The ones with doom pallete) and are rarely supported by doom ports. I searched in ZD 1.06 source and both are either commented out or simply absent/ignored. Writing this just for a pure information if anyone uses google to search for those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: