Joined: 06 Sep 2005
|Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:49 am Post subject: General Tournament Rules
|This thread holds up to date rules for all tournaments and will be updated whenever changes are made.
Any updates will be followed up by a new reply to the topic to make all participants aware.
You can reply to the thread if you have any queries or issues.
- To enter any tournament you must have a minimum of 1000 experience points. You can gain exp on any server that 'Collects Statistics' (look for the bar chart icon at the side of the server title in ZDaemon Launcher).
- You must have a forum account and be prepared to make posts when requried. To get your account approved, message AF-Domains.net in Chat.
- You must read and accept ALL tournament rules below before you register.
- You can register for a tournament with open registration. If the tournament registration is not open, it will say 'Registration Closed'.
- You must sign up and play tournament games using the same primary alias you use to login to ZDaemon and ZLauncher Chat.
- You may only enter tournaments in one location per month (So if you sign up for Euro x/y then you can't sign up for USA x/y. 'World' Tournaments - by name - are available to all, and are exempt from this rule.
- If there are Open, Intermediate and Beginner Tournaments, you may only enter one of these. Further, you may also be moved from one to another should the administrator feel you are not in the tournament that reflects your skill.
- You may enter Old School and New School tournaments in the same location if they run in the same month.
- Aliases are not allowed. You must register AND play using the name with which you most frequently play. If we cannot verify your identity you will be removed from the registration for that event, and potentially banned from future tournaments.
- Soon after a tournament's registration is closed, the matches will be selected randomly by the tournament system software. The matches can then be viewed by clicking on the name of the tournament.
- You must play your match only on official tournament servers or admin approved servers. If both players can't agree on where to play then the game must be played on the default server for the tournament location:
North/South America: Dwango United - New Jersey (US)
Europe: [L@P] (Germany, EU)
Oceania: Borrowed Time (Sydney, AU)
Contacting Your Opponent:
- It is up to YOU to contact your opponent to schedule a date/time/server to play on. This can be done by finding your opponent in the Forums and Chat tabs within ZDaemon Launcher.
- You must add #euro / #usa / #oceania along with #zd-tourneys to your Extra Channels list found in ZLauncher/ZRC > Chat > Settings, and you must be in the channel at the time you agreed to play your match.
- If you repeatedly do not meet your opponent at the agreed date and time or within a suitable time scale then you may be disqualified.
- You need to actively look for your opponent via Forums, Chat or Servers. If you can't see each other online then use the forums to call out your opponent by posting a reply in the correct tournament thread asking when they can play.
- If neither player shows up at the agreed upon date and time, or neither player chased the other to play their game, then both may be disqualified.
Playing Your Match:
- [NOT IN EFFECT UNTIL RESET CORPSE BUG IS FIXED] Any tournament games will only be counted if a callvote reset has been made when you're both ready to play. Both players must then join at the same time after the reset.
- [SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH 1.10.02] If a player gets disconnected during the game simply reconnect and continue. Do not restart the game. Resume playing the match and do the math to keep track of who wins.
- No aliases allowed - you must play with your primary login which must be the same as your sign up name, with the exception of changing clans mid-tournament.
- If it appears that someone other than the registered player has attempted to play the scheduled match, the registered player will be disqualified and banned from future tournaments.
- Both players MUST record demos of their matches and take screen shots of the final score. This will help resolve any potential disputes. I recommend that you set screenshot_scores and screenshot_quiet to 1 in ZDaemon.
- You may not being playing the next round until you're within the dates specified in that tournament's thread, unless you have been given permission by all administrators due to special circumstances.
- Disputes will be settled by the tournament admin. The admin's decisions are final.
After Your Match:
- The winner of the match must use the ZDaemon forums to update the administrators and participants with their match results. They must post the following information by reply to the correct tournament thread:
|Date the game was played
A link to screenshots of the results
A link to your client demos
A link to the server demos
Evolution 50 - 45 Salty
My Demos: http://linktomydemo.com
Server Demos: http://server-ip:server-port/demos