ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Widescreen Issues (Want 4:3 Aspect Ratio)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Widescreen Issues (Want 4:3 Aspect Ratio) Reply with quote

Just bought a widescreen 144hz monitor... unfortunately I can't seem to get ZDaemon setup properly.

I simple want it to have a 4:3 aspect ratio with black bars on the left/right so that it's like a 4:3 monitor. Must be full screen.

I've messed with the setting that says it does this... it does change the aspect ratio of the FOV it seems, but it's not doing what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on a test that has been done here, this cannot be done within the program.

However on the monitor here, there is a scaling setting: 1:1, Fill, Scale

The last setting in this case provides the blackbars while a 4:3 resolution is in-use (and likely equivalent bars for 16:9 on a 16:10 screen).

For the purposes of the above test, I used full screen mode.

(DELL 2405FPW)

Does your monitor have such a setting?
DevastatioN
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's frustrating this can't be done with the program... it's a feature that should have been there when widescreen became supported.

Thanks for your help though, I did find a way to use the Aspect ratio setting instead of "full" on my monitor (BenQ XL2411) but I had to set the mode to RTS instead of FPS1 or FPS2 for some reason... not sure why. I suspect this won't mess with the 1ms response of the monitor.

Long story short, I'm up and running happily with ZDaemon the way I want! Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AF-Domains.net
Dark Messenger of IRC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't make a difference.

Though RTS is apparently optimized for RTS type games (I am unsure how much of a difference it makes on the monitor itself given the lack of detail in the manual about it...).

"Display Mode" and "Smart Scaling".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Help & Chatter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: