ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZDS #526 - Racing Mod Reloaded!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: ZDS #526 - Racing Mod Reloaded! Reply with quote

Hello ZDaemon Sessions Racing People,
This Saturday it is time for something freaky: Racing Mod!
That's a bit different than we play usually. The goal is the finish the laps as soon as possible.
We don't want to loose the Doom spirit, so there are also some weapons and you can shoot other players and monsters.

Settings:
Game Mode: FFA
IWAD: doom2.wad (or freedoom)
PWADs: rrace4c yoshi-skin zds_addon_rrace
Wad url: http://85.214.149.120/wads
Maps: 01-10
DMFLAGS: 135479460 / 1209139264 / 0
Players: 20 + 30 spectator slots
Timelimit: 0
Skill: 4 // Nightmare!
Fraglimit: 0

Date: Saturday 30th September 2017
Time: 19:30 BST

Last edited by Krawa on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
GreenchiL
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww man.. missing some classic racing games by seeing this <3
Can't wait to road kill some demons (if that's possible) XD
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about sessions, was it really needed to split them in several types throughout the week? I know the rest are pretty much dead, but I feel like newcomers might feel overwhelmed with what all this is about if they see all these unactive forums. I believe a forum cleaning and going back to only saturday sessions as it was before, is the way to go.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwaszx- wrote:
I have a question about sessions, was it really needed to split them in several types throughout the week? I know the rest are pretty much dead, but I feel like newcomers might feel overwhelmed with what all this is about if they see all these unactive forums. I believe a forum cleaning and going back to only saturday sessions as it was before, is the way to go.

qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me?

Only two of the sessions forums are active. I played through the first 100 saturday ZDS, and remember them being extremely active back then, people would even have trouble finding a spot to join. I discussed exactly this issue with Cybershark some years ago, but it happened exactly what I was fearing, and that is most of them being abandoned eventually.

I don't think ZDaemon has a large enough dedicated playerbase anymore to host events the entire week. The community has moved on, just keep it cohesive with one session a week. Then again that is my opinion. It is kind of rude to call me a troll for being vocal about it.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwaszx- wrote:
Excuse me?

Only two of the sessions forums are active. I played through the first 100 saturday ZDS, and remember them being extremely active back then, people would even have trouble finding a spot to join. I discussed exactly this issue with Cybershark some years ago, but it happened exactly what I was fearing, and that is most of them being abandoned eventually.

I don't think ZDaemon has a large enough dedicated playerbase anymore to host events the entire week. The community has moved on, just keep it cohesive with one session a week. Then again that is my opinion. It is kind of rude to call me a troll for being vocal about it.

I was not trying to be rude, qwaszx-.
I just think that this isn't the right place to ask such a question. I'm wondering if it's the right question to ask at all. You see, ZDS and TNS are two different things. TNS was never split from ZDS, TNS launched at its own.
There was plenty of interest for it and there still is. Same goes for ZDS (especially the European sessions). Believe me if there wasn't enough interest for it the guys would've pulled the plug by now.
Ultimately, it's their time and therefore their call.

I don't believe that having multiple sessions will make it overwhelming for newcomers. I think that the activity on the website because of the sessions will rather help than counteract.

The forums might not be as active as they used to be, but IRC is still pretty active if you're in the right channel Wink. ZDaemon always had its ups and downs.
It still does, at the right time and the right session ZDS still gets a lot of different IP connections.
qwaszx-
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UberGewei wrote:
I just think that this isn't the right place to ask such a question. I'm wondering if it's the right question to ask at all.

That's quite condescending. Why can't people ask questions? If it isn't here, where? Certainly not in the IRC, discussion is rather left for the forums.

Now then, TNS might not have split from ZDS, but its creation was influenced by ZDS existence and popularity, just wanted to point that out. You are correct, no need to delete the other that is active, I am just suggesting to have a cleaner sessions section here in the forums. I have not been in the community for quite a while, so who am I to judge sessions attendance.

I will try to get into future US ZDS from now on.
UberGewei
SuperAntler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwaszx- wrote:
UberGewei wrote:
I just think that this isn't the right place to ask such a question. I'm wondering if it's the right question to ask at all.

That's quite condescending. Why can't people ask questions? If it isn't here, where? Certainly not in the IRC, discussion is rather left for the forums.

Sure you can ask questions, I've never said you can't.
I was aiming at your question specifically, but I don't blame you for asking.
You haven't been around for quite a while, so you couldn't have known.

If you have questions about the sessions or still feel like discussing this subject, you could join #ducks (lovely people in there) or #zdevents.
Or start a topic in one of the ZDaemon General threads, I'm sure the other guys will read and answer it.
That is where you could reach all the session organizers Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDaemon Sessions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: