ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official NA D5M1 Tournament Sign-Up Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Official NA D5M1 Tournament Sign-Up Thread Reply with quote

Greetings folks!

This thread is created for the purpose of officially signing up for the Dwango5 Map01 Tournament I'm going to be hosting at the end of September. This will be posted on various forum boards but I will do my absolute best to keep the threads up to date and consistent as often as possible. I currently have quite a bit on my plate but I want this to happen, so please understand that it may take some time before I can get back with anyone.

The means to officially declare yourself a participant in this tournament allow two avenues: signing up in an official sign-up thread by me or making direct contact with me. I can be reached on irc.quakenet.org and irc.zandronum.com under the name HateDaddy. I can also be reached on ZDIRC under the name [SIN]Hatred. I've also created a discord server specifically for this tournament, the invite address is provided here: https://discord.gg/F2w52aq

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's go over the rules now!

The map the tournament will be played on is Dwango5 Map01.

ZDDL NS Settings excluding freelook and jump.

The default port is ZDaemon. I am not opposed to people playing on different ports as long as they mutually agree upon it. However, if any disagreement arises then it is to be understood that ZDaemon will serve as the default port. Failure to play matches due to disagreement will be judged case by case.

The tournament rules will be snigle series matches (in other words, best of 1s) in double elimination format.

I will be doing a broad seeding system to organize matches. The purpose here is to prevent potential finals matches happening in early rounds. Understand that I will be consulting with several players to determine these seeds and that seedings are final - there will be no disputing your seed. I understand this seems harsh and this is the one rule I will apologize in advance for because I realize how frustrating it can be. However, there's a good chance I will end having these games live-casted so it's incredibly important to me to keep the potential "dream matches" saved for the end if possible. Speaking of live-casting..

Currently, Zdaemon does not have the ability to record demos. However, it is very likely that these matches will have live casting options so I urge everybody to post their match times on designated threads so we can coordinate our caster(s) accordingly. In a perfect world, I would love for every single match to be recorded so a Twitch VOD can be saved for each match.

I will also be asking all server admins to run the optional wad modidoom, which allows the player to remove weapon textures. I understand this may seem unfair, but this was an option that was always available to players in the past and was recently removed. A few players have expressed to me that they'd really like for this wad to be made available. You won't be forced to play with it, I certainly hate the idea of using it because it'd mess with my game big-time personally.

Lastly, I am not opposed to European (or other long-distance regions) players playing in this tournament. I must remind you that this is a North American tournament so the burden is on you to make yourself available to a schedule consistent with that of an NA player. That's not to say agreements can't be made that do work for you, I am simply making it be known now that you shouldn't expect it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-ups will officially close on October 1st at 11:59pm EST. If you do not sign up here or message me directly on one of the disclosed platforms above before this deadline, no exceptions will be made. I will be looking to post these on other doom community forum boards once I am given access. Until then, this will be the only official sign-up thread. I hope to hear from all of you soon. Good luck! Twisted Evil

"only grass can jump me" -tupac shakiraaaa

-HateDaddy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed Sign-Ups:

DevastatioN
JKist3
Hatred
Edd (Dr_Noob)
X-Ray
Torment (Strangle)
Stall (ItalianStallion)
Animal
Zakken
Xenaero
MetalGuy213
Unkwown[NF]
Tai
Demolition
PeRRoNDoN
Necro_Kid

Last edited by [SIN]Hatred on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:09 am; edited 7 times in total
[SIN]Torment
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll play to lose, sign me up
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SIN]Torment wrote:
Ok I'll play to lose, sign me up

I don't remember what your non SIN name was. You aren't Reck are you?
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extending the sign-up deadline by one week until October 1st!
MetalGuy213
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Want to come here.
Singing up to a 3rd tourney!
MetalGuy213
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When tourney starts?
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalGuy213 wrote:
When tourney starts?

I'll be announcing soon, sign-ups close tonight.
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign-ups are now closed. No sign-up after this post will be considered valid.
Madgunner
Dominating!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, just saw this, but looks like I'm too late. Ah well, I'm pretty rusty at dueling anyways, really cool to see some veterans sign up though! Hope all goes well. Will definitely be watching this.
Intoxicate
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hatred,

This looks awesome, where will the brackets and streams/recordings be posted do you have any links?

Tox
Shakal
Posting Spree!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww I was about to sign up. Crying or Very sad
[SIN]Hatred
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intoxicate wrote:
Hi Hatred,

This looks awesome, where will the brackets and streams/recordings be posted do you have any links?

Tox

Yo intoxicate, how you doing my man? And yeah, there absolutely are brackets.

http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=17034
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: