ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kicked from my own server with message "turbo"?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Kicked from my own server with message "turbo"? Reply with quote

Greetings ZD staff,

I recently made a wad to run alongside super difficult slaughtermaps such as sunder and whatnot. I wanted it to basically be like a more well balanced, better looking version of eweaps. https://doomshack.org/wads/powerguns.wad

For some reason, when using the fist (chainsaw), I get kicked from my server with the message "Turbo". It is modified to go faster than normal, but I never thought you could be kicked from cooperative/survival servers for using (non malicious) dehacked lumps?

I have the file on a server right now to test this strange little occurrence: [Doomshack.org] Chillax Survival (Power Guns)

Use weapon 1 and saw some enemies. Is this a bug, is there some way to turn it off? It would be a shame not to be able to use weapon enhancement wads/patches that speed up the rate of fire. What's strange is that it only affects that weapon, the shotguns, chaingun etc all seem to work without issue.

Thanks for reading this!
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not on ZD staff, so all I am going to do is leave an explanation here, and fly away.

Chainsaw pulls forward while cutting through flesh; this force is represented as player movement.

From 1.06: https://rhinoduck.net/git/zdaemon/tree/Zserv32/ZServSrc/p_user.cpp#n943

The player movement caused by the above force would exceed the turbo threshold, so the threshold is increased when chainsaw attacks are happening; but this is only done for the weapon in the chainsaw slot.

From 1.06: https://rhinoduck.net/git/zdaemon/tree/Zserv32/ZServSrc/g_game.cpp#n428

Your chainsaw replaces fist.
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the fist attack also cause the player to move forward? I assume not, but I want to clarify - If so I could simply use the "punch" action and change the associated SFX. Thanks for the explanation!
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The additional movement will be added if the MF_JUSTATTACKED flag is set on the mobject (the player in this case); that flag gets set at the end of the Saw codepointer. The Punch codepointer does no such thing, so you won't be kicked for TURBO if you use that; but neither will you get the chainsaw behaviour where it bites into the enemy.

AFAICT, the only "safe" way to use the Saw codepointer (and thus achieve the sawing effect) is with a weapon which lives in the chainsaw slot. OR, if you want to go wild, the Heretic gauntlets slot (means using DEHSUPP to modify the weapon, and ACS to give it to players at join; PATCHINF could be used to remove/replace map-placed weapons if needed).
Aeyesx
Dominating!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhinoduck, like a boss Cool
Besides, you should get into staff. Your coding skills are needed <!>
People with knownledge are fading.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhinoduck does indeed seem to know what he's talking about. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His advice helped me complete the gun pack! https://doomshack.org/wads/powergun.wad

Much appreciated!
rhinoduck
Potatoes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

\o/
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me sentimental. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhinoduck. that felt good to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Rejected Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: