ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A suspicious email

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: A suspicious email Reply with quote

I got this email today:
Quote:
Alan Prowell <alanprowell@gmail.com>

2:26 AM (14 hours ago)

to me
Hi there,

I just read ZDaemon :: View topic - Post your funniest links here, I've shown it to some colleagues and we think a collaboration between us could work well. I represent a digital marketing agency currently working with a leading auto retailer. We would like to feature a unique piece of content on your site on behalf of our client. For the privilege, we'd be happy to pay you somewhere in the region of $50.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Alan

Don't want emails from us anymore? Reply to this email with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.

Something fishy is going on here. I was going to forward the email, but I couldn't find a "Contact Us" email address anywhere. I just wanted to alert you that random site members are getting this email.
Evolution
Wicked Sick!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got that email as well a while back, same sender. You'll get a couple of follow up emails:

Quote:
Hi there,
I reached out last week but haven't heard back so I wanted to try one last time. Is there an opportunity to sponsor a post on your site?
Please see my initial email below.
Best wishes,
Alan
Quote:
On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 3:49 PM, Alan Prowell <alanprowell@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there,
I reached out last week but haven't heard back. I wanted to see if there was an opportunity to sponsor a post on your site.
Please see my initial email below.
Best wishes,
Alan

Quote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Alan Prowell <alanprowell@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there,
I just read ZDaemon :: View topic - Post your funniest links here, I've shown it to some colleagues and we think a collaboration between us could work well. I represent a digital marketing agency currently working with a leading auto retailer. We would like to feature a unique piece of content on your site on behalf of our client. For the privilege, we'd be happy to pay you somewhere in the region of $50.
Let me know your thoughts.
Best wishes,
Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> General Offtopic Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: