ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FMM #198 - Empyrion (Version 31)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: FMM #198 - Empyrion (Version 31) Reply with quote

This week on Friday’s Monster Mash, we will be playing a new and improved version of “Empyrion”. Empyrion is an ongoing project by Empyre, a mapper and player from our very own community. Right now, there are thirteen maps for us to play. That means four extra maps compared to the last time we played this! On top of that, Empyre also made various fixes and improvements and added more detail to existing maps.

Now let’s see when we played this before:

Zdaemon Sessions ran this wad on the 28th of April 2012. You can find the forum thread about that session here.

Friday’s Monster Mash ran this wad on the 15th of June 2012. You can find the forum thread about that session here.

Friday’s Monster Mash also ran this wad on the 22nd of November 2013. You can find the forum thread about that session here.

Friday’s Monster Mash also ran this wad on the 14th of November 2014. You can find the forum thread about that session here.

Almost two years of development! To make sure we depend on each other during the session, we will play the wad without the BFG. Can we count on you to get our backs? See you next Friday!

SETTINGS

Game Mode: Cooperative
IWAD: DOOM II Hell On Earth
PWADs: Empyrion Version 31
Maps: 13 (MAP01-MAP11, MAP31-MAP32)
DMFLAGS:: 17057892 / 34734160 / 0
Skill: 3 – Ultra Violence
Timelimit: None
Killlimit: None
Players: 25/36

Session times

On friday, the 16th of September 2016:

The European session starts at 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST)
The US session starts at 02:00 GMT (21:00 EST)

Last edited by Ronald on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably too late to mention this, but there is a bug in the mapinfo lump. I released a fix that contains only the corrected mapinfo lump: empyrion_v31_mapinfofix.wad. You load it after the main wad.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empyre wrote:
It is probably too late to mention this, but there is a bug in the mapinfo lump. I released a fix that contains only the corrected mapinfo lump: empyrion_v31_mapinfofix.wad. You load it after the main wad.

Yep, too late I'm afraid. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Empyre
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US session never happened. Sad

In the Euro session, when the map changed from MAP08 to MAP09, the server crashed. That does not happen on my server. I wonder that went wrong. I don't think the mapinfo misspelling would case a crash. I just checked, and the error in mapinfo is in the entry for MAP11: I accidentally spelled par with two Rs: parr.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what went wrong either because I don't have the server crash log.
GreenchiL
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a nice wad.

Next FMM, Rebirth1 or Pl2 plzZz Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Friday's Monster Mash All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: