ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ChaosCore CTF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: ChaosCore CTF Reply with quote

ChaosCore CTF

Current version: Map pack II
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl34oat3kvgscil/ChaosCoreCTFmpII-zdb.zip?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o486kocpiaw

After years of on and off work, we're finally releasing a segment of the project. While it wasn't our initial intention to release it separately, it's obviously the most efficient way when considering a project with this kind of goal. In hindsight, it should have been planned like this from the start; However, this project can finally see the light of day. Releasing in segments has also allowed us to focus on the maps that are going to be released rather than focusing on all 50 maps at once; Allowing for more focus on quality control.

We have finalized the first map pack and is intended to be released by May 22nd 2015. I am currently talking with server admins and we expect to have servers running in North America and Europe on both Zandronum and ZDaemon upon release. The thread will be updated day of and we expect everything to run smoothly.

This thread will continue to be updated as we release more maps and update map packs for potential unforeseen bugs. If you notice anything upon release that you believe needs to be fixed, please let us know.

Map Pack I
RELEASED
https://www.dropbox.com/s/623m25sl2vdqp9i/ChaosCoreCTFmpI-Delta.zip?dl=0

Core01 Data Core Delta - GhoulSlayeR
Core02 Cosmic Wall - Caution
Core03 Avalon - RoSKing
Core04 Frozen Chaos - AlexMax
Core05 Plan B - Collision
Core06 Circuit Course - Infer
Core07 Deimos Hazzard Zone - GhoulSlayeR
Core08 Periphery of Phobos - RoSKing & GhoulSlayeR
Core09 Obsidian Outpost - Caution
Core10 Sector S - FranckFrag
Core11 Isolation - RoSKing
Core12 Scourge - Collision
Core13 Forsaken Grounds - Infer
Core14 Speed of Dark - AlexMax
Core15 Andromeda Installation - RoSKing
Core16 [Core]T facility - GhoulSlayeR
Core17 Sentinel - Iced
Core18 The Chaos Encounter - Shane
Core19 Wanderlust - RoSKing
Core20 The Hex Core - Infer

Map Pack II has already seen testing sessions and 10 more maps will be expected. The map slots have already been taken so here is a list of what you will see in the near future.

Map Pack II
RELEASED

Core21 Planetary Duality - RoSKing
Core22 Hangar of Desolation Caution
Core23 EastHaven - Edd
Core24 Towering Gardens - AlexMax
Core25 Data Core Delta II - GhoulSlayeR
Core26 Mephitic Waste - RoSKing
Core27 Compulsive Simplicity - Shane
Core28 Titania Base - JCD
Core29 Toxic Refineries II - Fsn76
Core30 Sun Rise - Oxyde

We are expecting 2 more map packs of 10 after this, making a grand total of 50 maps. We have a general idea and have a lot of the maps already laid out. But they are all subject to change and testing so we will release further information as more progress is made.

Thank you all for your time and support.

Last edited by Caboose on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember play testing some of this maps. Maps i tested were just awesome and move CTF forward. I am waiting on final release but i already know i cant be dissapointed.
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been released!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/typbv3k6asny5ul/ChaosCoreCTFmpI-Beta.zip?dl=0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delta has been released.

Fixes;

Core01 - texture alignment and fixed the numbers texture for zdaemon.
Core03 - Scrapped the floor sequence under the bridge to reduce lag.
Core10 - modified the map so that the flag wouldnt get lost between the crates, also fixed the texture in the background for zdaemon.
Core13 - SSG wasnt on the chaoscore floor decal in the red base.
Core17 - The GRATE texture was not impassible.

I have heard that Core09 lags, however I am unable to replicate this on my PC using max resolution and OGL etc... If people continue to complain and give me ideas of what could be causing this so I can help alleviate this issue I will then proceed to fix this.

If you have any other complaints, please let me know.
Fsn76
Dominating!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say: Oui! (y)
capodecima
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should like to see core09 with old textures, nothing against ya art mapping skills RoS. I think the changes are cool but the textures not.
TheCupboard
Generic Title

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really fun a lot of attention is paid to detail, especially detail that does not obstruct gameplay. Like outdoor scenery, smooth corners, and glass floor effects. Hope to play some more soon.

It was fun playing with Caboose, Doomkid, and Trippa, +1 other guy
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to announce that ChaosCoreCTFmpII is now live. This installment introduces 10 new maps, and changes to some of the prior maps from mp I. This version also includes the lobby map Core00 so that people are able to identify the maps for Private CTF sessions; While Core00 isn't completed just yet, it is able to do exactly what it is intended for. Expect more additions to this map in mpIII

The next installment of mpIII while has a lot of progress, still needs a lot of work. I plan on taking another break from mapping for awhile, so expect to see mpIII sometime next year.

For now, I hope you all enjoy all of the hard work that has went into this and I thank you.

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h4sk78sls304db/ChaosCoreCTFmpII-zda.zip?dl=0

Core02 - Left side of the base has been opened up along with the lift area for more vision.
Core03 - Entirely revamped base with the middle having slight adjustments.
Core05 - Replaced with a new map by Collision, Solar Station.
Core09 - A lot of excess area has been removed along with detail to help alleviate FPS drops that people were experiencing.
Core12 - Replaced lift with stairs near flag.
Core14 - Added steps at middle that you can jump up on to allow easier access around the map.
Core15 - Added a lift at middle to help people access the upper area easier, and adjusted the spawns to be more intuitive in direction.
Core19 - Made the bases larger in size, Added a soulsphere next to the lava fall off the main hill, and pulled the armor out of the lava fall.

Core00: Lobby map

Core03: Avalon by RoSKing(Revamped)

Core05: Solar Station by Collision

Core22: Hangar of Desolation by Caution

Core24: Towering Gardens by AlexMax

Core25: Data Core Delta II by GhoulSlayeR & RoSKIng

Core28: Titania Base by JCD

Core29: Toxic Refineries II by Fsn76

Core30: Sunrise by Oxyde

Last edited by Caboose on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshots looking very nice Caboose. Except for those flags. They're hidious. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean the flag sprite? That's the Zandronum flag sprite as these screenshots were taken with zandronum. Normally when we play we use a sprite replacement wad, I can agree with you there. It doesn't replace any sort of sprite on the flags for zdaemon, so that won't be a problem.

This map pack is going to be put on the DUI ZDaemon Public CTF server along side zdmegactf.
_Beast_
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested this wad and criticized it heavily and I got to say I am highly impressed with the job the Caboose and the Team at Chaos Core have done. The maps are exciting for beginners and present different strategies for those advanced players. I can't wait to play a few games with people who haven't played on them yet to see how they react and learn the maps as I believe they are very intuitive. GLHF everyone!!

Again thanks to the whole team and a special shot out to Caboose for his long hours and hard work on this wad.
Ronald
Rontard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caboose wrote:
I assume you mean the flag sprite? That's the Zandronum flag sprite as these screenshots were taken with zandronum. Normally when we play we use a sprite replacement wad, I can agree with you there. It doesn't replace any sort of sprite on the flags for zdaemon, so that won't be a problem.

This map pack is going to be put on the DUI ZDaemon Public CTF server along side zdmegactf.

Yes, I meant the flag sprites. I'm glad to read that they aren't part of the deal here. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a small bug to fix: http://www.noelshack.com/2015-49-1449437623-ctf-20151206-223240.png
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will release a hotfix when i get home tonight.
Caboose
On a Rampage!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new version that fixes all the minor bugs has been released;

This fixes problems that was caused due to conflcition issues with zdmega and chaoscorectf as well as minor bugs on the chaoscorectf maps.
bwidger
God like!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the authors of this wad:

Thank you for your contribution on making the community that much better. Because of you guys, the amins, and players, the online doom community continues to be awesome!

Thank you very much for your creativity and contribution!

Loving the maps! Good job!

(And of course thank you for all the other authors who've contributed through out the years!)
DR_DOOM[BOH]
has entered the game!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These maps are a sorely needed shot in the arm for CTF. The map rotation had been a bit stale for quite a while now. Hats off to everyone involved.
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZDS #433 - ChaosCore CTF Part I was great. Thanks all for playing!
Screenshots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> Wad Editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: