ZDaemon Forum Index ZDaemon
Client/Server DOOM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vitalaim 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Vitalaim 2 Reply with quote

After much hard work I feel confidently that Vitalaim 2 is ready for a first release, please note that this isn't a final version as I need your opinions on how the maps layouts is and what improvements you feel I can make.

The wad consists of 7 serious maps and 3 light hearted silly ones. designed for 1on1 in mind but a few will probably cope with a small ffa.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Englander on Tue May 12, 2015 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
DoomKid
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this WAD overall, especially how each map feels different to the last. The texturing never gets repetitive which is a huge plus for me.

I don't like the way the BFG trap works on map01, but that might just be me. Map05 is a beast with crazy texturing but it looks way fun. Map10 is just ridiculous, in an amazing way Smile

Oh, you can find a much better MIDI for map04 in zdm_3.wad - I got tired of hearing that weird harpsichord and 'pit pat' drums, so I tried to beef it up a bit.

Looking forward to the final release!
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the feedback Doomkid

The BFG trap in Map01 isn't really a trap per se, a little platform lowers so you can reopen the doors from inside, but I get your point, I feel it's fine as it is personally so I'll take a gamble with that one.

The midi on map04 I've changed, I didn't actually like that one anyway, so you really just confirmed that for me.

Map05 is really my "not too sure" map, I personally like it but I think it is probably going to be the same as the Dungeon map in the original Vitalaim with all those cramped nooks and crannies but we'll see eh.

Map10 is tongue in cheek, when I uploaded a really early version of the original Vitalaim to Cybershark this map was in it with the muppet music, he laughed and said it suited it so well, I changed the music and removed the BFG's in the final version and he always put in little comments on how he missed that one and how it was kind of better in his opinion, so I just put it in VA2 for giggles.

Anyway here is the final version, just changed a few things and tweaked some stuff.

Download
Buli
Unstoppable!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool maps

Aha and lol @ map10 Laughing
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Let's play ZDS #403 - Vitalaim 2 on May 23th, 2015!
Krawa
There is a limit

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here some screenshots of ZDS #403: http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?p=274830#274830
Englander
God like!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame I had to work during this.

Thanks Krawa for giving it a run, with so many good wads out there it's touching to see it given a chance.

How did she go? And if I do ever get some time to do a Vitalaim 3 (always aimed for a trilogy) what can I improve on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ZDaemon Forum Index -> ZDReview All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: